What's new

Imran Farooq murder: Scotland Yard arrests MQM suspect in London

ice_man

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran Farooq murder: Scotland Yard arrests suspect in London – The Express Tribune

LONDON:The Scotland Yard anti-terrorist squad has arrested a suspect in the Imran Farooq murder case in London, Express News reported on Monday.

The suspect’s identity has not been revealed as yet but the officials had been monitoring his travel activity for a while. He is said to have returned from Canada to his house in London where he was arrested by the anti-terrorist squad.

Around 3,000 people have been interviewed by Scotland Yard officials in the past 2 years, search operations were held for up to 40 hours.

He was reached on the basis of forensic investigations using the evidence gathered by the security officials.

The Imran Farooq murder was seen as a politically motivated murder by London’s Metropolitan Police Service.

Prior to this arrest, 2 houses used by the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) were searched for evidence. One house was owned by the MQM Chief Altaf Husain and the other by a man named Akhtar.

MQM officials cooperated with the officials during the entire investigative process.

Brilliant news, may this man get the harshest possible punishment.

Oh, look Altaf's not in jail, where will @ice_man go now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wese
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>my info; Iftikhar Hussain, Cousin of MQM Boss Altaf Hussain, arrested in connection with murder of Imran Farooq</p>&mdash; Khalid Khan (@khalidkhan787) <a href="https://twitter.com/khalidkhan787/statuses/349132074768281600">June 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lets hope the suspect is on MQM payroll- that would mark the end of Altaf bhai-

did I EVER say please get me my QUOTE! where I said ALTAF will be arrested! if not then truthseer & w.11 shutup both of you retards!

and the clear point mentioned is that ALTAF house got raided!

ALTAF HUSSAIN will never ever be arrested after all he is on their payroll!"

https://twitter.com/khalidkhan787

RT @HABIBJanLyari: Another : according to source.
#MQM leader Salim Shazad and Raza Haroon's wife Mrs.Bushra has arrested a few minutes ago

Same guy:
my info; Iftikhar Hussain, Cousin of MQM Boss Altaf Hussain, arrested in connection with murder of Imran Farooq

KARACHI: Police in London arrested on Monday a suspect of Pakistani origin in the murder of former Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Dr Imran Farooq.
The London Metropolitan Police confirmed that the suspect, a British citizen of Pakistani origin, was arrested Monday morning from a residential area in North London.

According to initial reports by DawnNews, the London Met Police said the 52-year old suspect had arrived in Britain on Monday from Canada.

MQM leader Dr Imran Farooq, aged 50, was on his way home from work when he was attacked in Green Lane on Sept 16, 2010 outside his London home. A post-mortem examination found that he died from multiple stab wounds and blunt trauma to the head.

This is the first arrest carried out by London Police in relation to his killing, and is so far the most significant progress in the case in more than a year.

Last week, the British police searched two residential properties in London as part of an investigation into the murder.

Television reports said the police carried out a 55-hour search in two northwest London “residential addresses”. The New Scotland Yard, which raided the houses, was reported to have confiscated several documents during the search.

The TV reports suggested that one of the houses belonged to MQM chief Altaf Hussain. However, there was no independent confirmation of the report.

Farooq, one of the founding members of the MQM, then known as the Mohajir Qaumi Movement, had been living in self-imposed exile in London since 1999.

The party later transformed into the Muttahida Qaumi Movement and became the fourth largest political force in parliament, and is the largest political party in Karachi, Pakistan’s business hub by the Arabian Sea.

did I EVER say please get me my QUOTE! where I said ALTAF will be arrested! if not then truthseer & w.11 shutup both of you retards!

and the clear point mentioned is that ALTAF house got raided!

ALTAF HUSSAIN will never ever be arrested after all he is on their payroll!"

Conspiracy Theories. And look at my post, looks like you might be right

Conspiracy Theories. And look at my post, looks like you might be right

nothing will happen to ALTAF mark my words! nothing at all! he will walk away clean & free! if he even doubted of being caught he would have run away from UK by now!

nothing will happen to ALTAF mark my words! nothing at all! he will walk away clean & free! if he even doubted of being caught he would have run away from UK by now!

Our Jiyala confirms this on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/HabibJanLyari

#Pakistan Law & Order forces must protect #Karachi'ite, might be they can react after #UK Police action against #MQM's chief
@Yousufonline UK Police actively moving ahead on Dr. Imran Farooq's murder case. According to source Ifthikar Hussain/Anis Advocate booked.

Another Breaking News according to source.
#MQM leader Salim Shazad and Raza Haroon's wife Mrs.Bushra has arrested few minutes ago.

Back
Top Bottom