What's new

Importing 3d printer

sal29

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi, Anyone know if new SOP is issued for importing 3D printer or getting it through custom if you are carrying it on flight. Does anyone have any recent experience regarding it ?

Hi, Anyone know if new SOP is issued for importing 3D printer or getting it through custom if you are carrying it on flight. Does anyone have any recent experience regarding it ?

Make the 3D printer yourself......try and fail. Then succeed. You can't buy one locally?

Only problem is the material being used to make stuff. You won't be able to source it internationally, not in big quantities unless you have friends on the black market.

Make the 3D printer yourself......try and fail. Then succeed. You can't buy one locally?

Only problem is the material being used to make stuff. You won't be able to source it internationally, not in big quantities unless you have friends on the black market.

My question is about importing one not making one as I dont want to spend that kind of effort. I more focused if anyone has experience bringing it in their luggage.

My question is about importing one not making one as I dont want to spend that kind of effort. I more focused if anyone has experience bringing it in their luggage.

Ok, are you importing it into Pakistan or Netherlands? You failed to mentioned that in the OP (original post).

Ok, are you importing it into Pakistan or Netherlands? You failed to mentioned that in the OP (original post).

I am importing it to Pakistan. Actually I am carrying it with me on my flight from Netherlands. It will be in my suitcase basically.

I am importing it to Pakistan. Actually I am carrying it with me on my flight from Netherlands. It will be in my suitcase basically.

That's not possible unless it's a really small 3d printer. And if it's really small, it's useless other than making small toys for kids or small tools.

I would recommend buying it from AliBaba and shipping it to Pakistan from China, if the supplier provides shipping. Might be cheaper.

On the other hand, hopefully this thread has gained traction so more folks will jump in and help you out where I can't. Is this a gift for someone?

don't know what the law says, but you can simply tell them that is a printer. Custom people would not be able to identify whether its simple or 3D

That's not possible unless it's a really small 3d printer. And if it's really small, it's useless other than making small toys for kids or small tools.

I would recommend buying it from AliBaba and shipping it to Pakistan from China, if the supplier provides shipping. Might be cheaper.

On the other hand, hopefully this thread has gained traction so more folks will jump in and help you out where I can't. Is this a gift for someone?

3d printers like creality, snapmaker or prusa are not that big and can easily be carried in kit form in luggage. The issue is that clearance of 3d printer from customs if I import via Alibaba is difficult process and of course you have to pay customs on it which might not be the case if I bring in my luggage. Its for my personal use.

Do they check baggage on arrival to Pakistan?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom