What's new

IMF sets very tough conditions for Pak to receive bailout package, shows no flexibility

IMF was too lenient on the previous Govt. and Ishaq Dar kept fooling them with his accounting tricks and manipulating data, now that they know the reality they're in no mood to show any leniency to the current govt., this time they indeed mean business.

In my view the conditions are fair; if Pakistan wants the program for the last time, they will have to go through the pain. The only fear is whether our subsidy and relief-loving, pampered, fragile awam is prepared to go through the hardship. They'd prefer to die than have any financial discipline. Of course PTI will lose a lot of political capital.

IMF was too lenient on the previous Govt. and Ishaq Dar kept fooling them with his accounting tricks and manipulating data, now that they know the reality they're in no mood to show any leniency to the current govt., this time they indeed mean business.

In my view the conditions are fair; if Pakistan wants the program for the last time, they will have to go through the pain. The only fear is whether our subsidy and relief-loving, pampered, fragile awam is prepared to go through the hardship. They'd prefer to die than have any financial discipline. Of course PTI will lose a lot of political capital.

There was a reason why IMF was so lenient and gracious. Nawazoo was sucking up to Modi and selling half the country. That is exactly what the established order likes. Sell your sovereignty to others and bow down like a coward. IMF and the likes are an extension of the established order.

The icing on the cake was that they gave us more shitty loans which indebted the state. Getting more loans from IMF is never a win for any nation. It means more towering debt.

LOL it is beyond me how anyone can celebrate getting more loans from IMF as a victory.

In other words, double win for the enemies.

What is the net worth of PIA? What if we privatise it? Desperate times call for desperate measures. The endian lobby at play here clearly.

Come on dude be realistic. You can very well blame others for terrorism or anything else. But how can you blame your own mismanagement and corruption on others. What's the logic here?? :o:

Last edited:
Let innocent zardari family hakumran family sharif royal molvies like fazlu, king maker berucrasy leave them alone they have right to rule on us the more money you have they larger area they deserve they chose what area deserve medical facilities roads railways electricity education proper sevage system. They sud have also gullu butt uzair type mqm type thugs so they control large part of communities where they also get powers from saudia america uk india. So they keep their families money in foreign places. All we sud do is send our kids to army so we keep the land to protect their rule.
I am afraid that Allah wont remove this generation and replace it with others.

Imran Khan needs to get tough now. He has been very patient.

We know what is happening in Pakistan. It is daylight robbery. We are not sincere people. We like to pretend that we are patriotic blah blah blah, but we are not. The state of the economy suggests that we are leeches who destroy their own nation with their own hands. We are a corrupt nation. We steal from our own motherland. The mother that keeps providing despite unthinkable abuse.

Time to get tough. Imran Khan needs to start collecting tax and by force. Identify the crooks. Name them and shame them. Put them through judicial misery. Confiscate their assets. Every living soul in Pakistan has to pay tax according to their wealth and earning. If not, impose fines. Enough of this banana republic BS.

IMF was lenient because they knew PPP & PML-N will never be able to arrest Pakistan's de-industrialization and economic free fall. They knew that these parties will engage in corruption. In fact, don't be surprised if both these parties have members working in the IMF & WB.

It's only now they are tightening the levers because they feel an non-corrupted leader like Imran Khan, once he replaces current economic team, will eventually stabilize the country.

Please take a look at summary of "Confessions of An Economic Hitman". This lending to Pakistan's corrupt parties was very intentional, deliberate, by design. As the debt keeps piling up, eventually you will reach the end game, denuclearize Pakistan.

The only way Pakistan escapes this debt-trap is to leave the WTO, get rid of interest-based monetary system. That way you won't have pay your debts back, you won't have to pay for corruption-ridden negotiated deals with rental power plants that hardly produce electricity but get paid full by the common citizen, you won't have to pay the ridiculous settlement fees due to you losing your international arbitration cases (think Reko Diq, Karkey, etc) that will double your debt.

I don't understand if IMF was last resort.
Then Why we took favors from ksa. Uae.China. ( Package Sort )
For reserve keeping ? At least that leaning of bargain from middle East and China would have better outcome than IMF program explicitly.
In this case we took favor for no good just temp relief but
What effect those actions were for?
Anyone enlighten me with this one please!

Pre election promises and claims were so high damage was already done and claims were made to fix everything in 100 days, complain is not for damage but for setting high hopes and fake promises
Take any politician in the world and Imran khan is a politician. Why people voted him is because of no corruption.

They need to start working and stop blaming previous governments. These guys just label their failures on pmln and ppp. Thanks to the establishment we might end up bankrupt.
Reminds me of the old Cold War-era joke:

When Brezhnev took over the helm of the Soviet Union his predecessor, Khrushchev, handed him two letters and told him, "My advice to you is in these letters. Open the first letter the first time you get in trouble. Open the second letter the next time you get in trouble."

In time Brezhnev got in trouble and opened the first envelope: "Blame me, your predecessor, for everything that's gone wrong." Brezhnev took the advice and blamed Khrushchev for everything and Brezhnev's political trouble faded.

Then Brezhnev got in trouble again so he opened the second envelope: "Start writing two letters."​

For reserve keeping ? At least that leaning of bargain from middle East and China would have better outcome than IMF program explicitly.

Friendly nations provided loans with little strings and conditions attached. Of course there is always some politics and favor involved, but incomparable to the selling that goes on at IMF.

However, they are still loans that have to be paid back and more importantly are used to pay off previous loans with interest etc. In other words, the money is used up and unless you don’t have an income you are back to begging.

It is like a person living without an income. He gets a dime here and there and once the money is finished it’s back to begging.

Last edited:

It was just a charade to fool the public because they know the general public tend to be ignorant of how economy and finance work.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom