What's new

IMF Latest GDP Forecasts for South Asia

3 children raped daily in Sri Lanka :woot:

3 children raped daily in Sri Lanka

With a woman being raped every 90 minutes in Sri Lanka, women’s rights activists and academics are expressing serious concern over the rise in grave sex crimes – a disturbing trend that puts the lives of local and even foreign women here on high risk. Their concern came in the wake of several brutal rape cases in recent weeks.

Red alert over rising rape cases | The Sundaytimes Sri Lanka

rape-graphic.jpg

You 3rd world loser, now started to insult Sri Lanka, after trolling China? Sri Lanka is far more better than you, I heard of Sri Lanka as a beautiful tourist nation on China's CCTV media since I'm little.

A nation of murderers and molester bragging about their proverty :lol: .... your pathetic pi$$ of a nation survive on our mercy. You live on our charity and when time comes we will make you bend over and relieve our-self all over you.

14.5% of Sri lanken men have admitted to rape.... a nation of rapists. But with your ugly looks fcuks like you have no option but to rape and kill. :rofl:

Ceylon Today | Fourteen percent of Sri Lankan men admit to rape - UN

Your women look like black $hit that we dump everyday so you are lucky no other nationality men will every rape your ugly girls. Pi$$ off ugly blackie coke sucker and the next time India says Jump, better ask how high.

You 3rd world loser, now started to insult Sri Lanka, after trolling China? Sri Lanka is far more better than you, I heard of Sri Lanka as a beautiful tourist nation on China's CCTV media since I'm little.

While 14.5% of Sri Lankan men have admitted to rape, 25% of Indian men have done the same. So yes, India certainly does better than Sri Lanka in the rape department. You must be so proud.

Actually no children are killed anymore, now that the Indian-sponsored terrorist organisation has been destroyed. :yay: Now children get to go to school instead of being conscripted as child soldiers for a terrorist group.

India is certainly a more sexually repressed country than Sri Lanka. And I don't think anyone can beat Indian men when it comes to being sex crazed. Just ask Indian women. And who worships phallic symbols again? You know, that big stone "shiv ling" and the "yoni"? Yet it is everyone elese who is sex crazed? Uh huh.

Whereas 1 in 4 Indian men rape. Nice

Nope. The average Sri Lankan is richer, more literate, is safer and has a higher quality of life than the average Indian.

Poor Indian. Don't you have little baby girls to murder for the crime of being female?

For hundreds of thousands of Indian women their struggle begins within the womb. According to UN figures, an estimated 750,000 female foetuses are aborted annually, and even if they do make it past the first gauntlet, they face the threat of infanticide, starvation in favour of male siblings, and are likely to endure a life deprived of freedom, education and equality. For every 1,000 boys under the age of six there are only 914 girls, with some states reporting figures as low as 830. India’s Planning Commission called the gender imbalance “a silent demographic disaster in the making” which is already beginning to manifest itself in the form of increased sexual violence, polyandry – where brothers marry the same woman – and a surge in poorer parents trafficking daughters as brides in areas where the female to male ratio is skewed.

The Delhi gang rape death sentences won't make India safer for women

If I were given a choice to travel to India and Sri Lanka, I won't consider any single time about India. Every one in China loves Sri Lanka and Maldives, far more beautiful places than India. BTW, how is Sri Lanka's tourist site, I love the beach and sunshine. I knew Sri Lanka a wonderful place through China's official media since I was little.

@Shankranthi It's not a surprise, you are from one world's most racist nation. If your country does not perform well in the region what shall other countries do? lol

article-2325502-19D0189E000005DC-313_634x274.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So pathetic.

So, South Asia will remain the backwater of the world for coming decades, too.

Wish South Asians could throw aside their differences and stupid rivalries and work hard to transform the region in 30 years or so..just like China/East Asia did.

You can stop raping your women for starters. lol.

Rape incidents are less than or something around 3000 in SL per year, sure it should also stop. But it's not a worst place for women like in India.

101 for starters in this forum, insulting another country does not make or proof their country in good standard. And the size of the country is not an excuse for under development!

Rape incidents are less than or something around 3000 in SL per year, sure it should also stop. But it's not a worst place for women like in India.

101 for starters in this forum, insulting another country does not make or proof their country in good standard. And the size of the country is not an excuse for under development!

LOL. losers like you should worry about 15.5 % of SL men admitting to rape rather than talk about India. Its quite pathetic to see you unable to face facts and attempting to hide behind India stories.

India has no need to justify our development to a nation who lives under India's charity and pretends to be better than India. The sooner you understand this, the better it will be for you. You are still a backward third world nation. No amount of boasting is going to eliminate that fact.

Its better you develop a sense of morality and think about how to end the bigotry in your nation that resulting in killing and wiping out a substantial number of tamilians in SL before opening your mouth about India. You can talk to us about India when you have earned that right. Till then it sounds like a barking dog who just does not know its place.

Lol.. the amount of arse burn in this thread is amazing.. All because a few illiterate Bollywood bubble dwellers were given a massive slap of reality by a Bangladeshi poster.. Some even quoting mythical fantasy stories, So much for them calling Muslims brain washed fundamentalists .. :omghaha:

This thread is hilarious. Some Indian poster saw Sri Lanka, China, and BD's progress and started getting mad :D

It's funny because he can't beat us in real world facts for living standards so he started spewing the time he beat us in his religious myths LOL. Also a whole bunch of racist vitriol, obviously that's how a man with facts to back up his opinions acts.

This is not BS at all when you consider that he was referring to living standards and not total GDP

Remember BD is set to go to 1600 dollars GDP/capita by 2018 when compared to 1900 for India.

India got independence in 1947 whereas BD had to wait till 1971, with a 9 month civil war in 1971 that caused much destruction. An independent BD has done a fair bit better economically than an independent India.

BD will never get as big as India GDP-wise, but it has the potential to become a wealthier country as far as the common man is concerned.

Remember BD should grow quicker and faster than India, as federal states like India can never be as efficient economically as compared to a unitary state like BD.

Indians have swapped for safety in numbers for living standards basically.

Thats a rather weak argument.If you look at it, India has had 4 wars with Pakistan and one with China. Both have been a constant military threat, we need to factor the resulting butterfly effect into account as well. Infact your very 1971 caused a considerable economic drain on India as well due to the huge influx of refugees.

However I am rather surprised BD will be having more or less the same "growth" percentage wise as India from 2015. Frankly I expect it to be far higher.

And when you speak of Per capita, PPP is equally relevant if not more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_future_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita_estimates

13 Bangladesh 3,010 in 2018.

Bangladesh will not even be ahead of Pakistan in 2018, the same Pakistan which is in a strife(sort of) that is more draining than 1971 for you .

Frankly BD should have achieved more in its 42 years existence of relative stability.

A thread which showed the south asian countries progressing , the people are more interested in mud slinging each other .

Good going South Asians !!!!!

Actually that's not for the Colombo Metro area, that is for the Western Province in which Colombo is. You can check this by opening the PDF that the wiki citation links to. The Western Province has around 6 million people. My data is from the National HDR release.

Meanwhile Goa's per capita income is $2175.397 (Converted from 132719 INR). If we double this as the parity exchange ratio it gives us 4000 being conservative and 5000 being generous.

Thanks for being critical of the data, we need more critical minds! :)

The Colombo Metropolitan area has a GDP of $35 Billion dollars making it the core of the Sri Lankan economy. The per capita income of Colombo Metro area stood at USD $5358 and purchasing power per capita of $10,000, making it one of the most prosperous regions in South Asia.

Colombo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The western province, which includes the city of Colombo and its suburbs and Negombo, Kalutara and Gampaha areas, recorded GDP per capita of USD 3,808, the highest recorded GDP per capita for any region in South Asia.

Western Province, Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Goa

(Converted from 132719 INR).= GOA GDP in 2009
Goa 2012 GDP PPP =Goa per capita income 192652 rupees

Here we comparing a metro( commercial capital of srilanka) with a state....

The Colombo Metropolitan area has a GDP of $35 Billion dollars making it the core of the Sri Lankan economy. The per capita income of Colombo Metro area stood at USD $5358 and purchasing power per capita of $10,000, making it one of the most prosperous regions in South Asia.

Colombo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The western province, which includes the city of Colombo and its suburbs and Negombo, Kalutara and Gampaha areas, recorded GDP per capita of USD 3,808, the highest recorded GDP per capita for any region in South Asia.

Western Province, Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Goa

(Converted from 132719 INR).= GOA GDP in 2009
Goa 2012 GDP PPP =Goa per capita income 192652 rupees

Here we comparing a metro( commercial capital of srilanka) with a state....

Actually no, if you follow the link, someone has incorrectly cited on wikipedia. It is the Western Province's latest figure not Metro Colombo.

A thread which showed the south asian countries progressing , the people are more interested in mud slinging each other .

Good going South Asians !!!!!

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! We can save this thread :D

It's all because of Beautiful/Hasina..............

BD is ROCKING!!!!!! :tup:

LONG LIVE HASINA!!!!!!

LOL you are quite funny..Anyone that went through the last few posts would have noticed that while SLns are arguing with facts and figures its your countrymen that were arguing like typical stereotypical Indians..

We tried our best to be polite but Indian seemed to be too uncivilized for a healthy argument !It doesn`t take long for them to bring out race , religion and slang ! When we don`t answer them in similar way they become even more arrogant as they start to think they are winning it

I just used only one word..its insulting but not bad compared to what Indians have been posting...If we start posting like Indians the ways to insult them will be countless as most of the worst stereotypes in the world revolve around them !

Yes, a lot of harsh words were used, but no matter which way you look at it, it is clear that 'samv' flew off the handle first.

And also Indians know that SLns have a much better civic sense and we are cleaner ,`cooler`and prosperous than they are and this result a respect for us inside them whether they admit or not..

Slightly cleaner, is about the only thing I'd agree with having visited your country extensively. There are parts of the island that could do with a LOT more cleaning, and I wish that some of the hotels in Unawatuna and Bentota would throw their rubbish in garbage cans instead of directly in the water (albeit slyly, in the dead of night when they think no one's watching), and we all know that there are parts of rural and urban India that are *****-ridden too...But we have our ups and downs like any other massive country, although admittedly, we have higher ladders to climb. The levels of cleanliness in Goa, Kerala, and many more places around the country are probably higher than most of Sri Lanka, but if you choose to cherry pick what you want to sling back with, then be my guest. The dictatorship that the Lankans live under on a daily basis have done their collective civic sense much good, and while they seem generally content on the outside, a little deeper probing reveals something else.

Anyway, I can't be bothered by any more petty arguments and comparisons this evening. Have a good week.

Back
Top Bottom