What's new

IMF: Bangladesh to be bigger source of global growth than UK, France over next 5 years

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Twenty nations are predicted to account for 75% of global growth, with the top four being China, India, the US and Indonesia.

Rsz Bigstock

Bigstock
Tribune Desk
Published: April 21, 2023 9:13 PM | Last updated: April 21, 2023 9:42 PM

Bangladesh will contribute more to global growth than European giants France and the United Kingdom over the next five years from 2023-2028, according to the International Monetary Fund.

Through 2028, the country's share of global gross domestic product growth is anticipated to be 1.6% of all growth, compared to the UK and France at 1.5%, according to the IMF's World Economic Outlook's April forecasts.

The emergency lender anticipates that once higher interest rates start to pinch, the global economy will grow by approximately 3% over the following five years.

The outlook for the next five years is the worst it has been in more than three decades, and the World Bank Fund is pushing countries to avoid geopolitical conflict-induced economic fragmentation and increase productivity.
world-economy-growth.jpeg
Collected
In total, 20 nations are predicted to account for 75% of global growth, with the top four being China, India, the US and Indonesia.

Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and France are anticipated to be among the top 10 contributors, despite the Group of Seven countries making up a lower portion of the total.

The latest World Economic Outlook forecast that growth will slow from 3.4% last year to 2.8% this year. Growth is then expected to accelerate to 3% next year.

Risks to the outlook are heavily skewed to the downside, with heightened chances of a hard landing. In a plausible alternative scenario with further financial sector stress, global growth would decelerate to about 2.5% in 2023.

Looking further ahead, growth is expected to remain around 3% over the next five years. This baseline forecast of 3% five years ahead for 2028 makes it the lowest medium-term growth projection since 1990, and well below the average of 3.8% from the past two decades.

The anemic outlook reflects the tight policy stances needed to bring down inflation, the fallout from the recent deterioration in financial conditions, Russia's war in Ukraine and growing geo-economic fragmentation.

Twenty nations are predicted to account for 75% of global growth, with the top four being China, India, the US and Indonesia.

Rsz Bigstock

Bigstock
Tribune Desk
Published: April 21, 2023 9:13 PM | Last updated: April 21, 2023 9:42 PM

Bangladesh will contribute more to global growth than European giants France and the United Kingdom over the next five years from 2023-2028, according to the International Monetary Fund.

Through 2028, the country's share of global gross domestic product growth is anticipated to be 1.6% of all growth, compared to the UK and France at 1.5%, according to the IMF's World Economic Outlook's April forecasts.

The emergency lender anticipates that once higher interest rates start to pinch, the global economy will grow by approximately 3% over the following five years.

The outlook for the next five years is the worst it has been in more than three decades, and the World Bank Fund is pushing countries to avoid geopolitical conflict-induced economic fragmentation and increase productivity.
world-economy-growth.jpeg
Collected
In total, 20 nations are predicted to account for 75% of global growth, with the top four being China, India, the US and Indonesia.

Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and France are anticipated to be among the top 10 contributors, despite the Group of Seven countries making up a lower portion of the total.

The latest World Economic Outlook forecast that growth will slow from 3.4% last year to 2.8% this year. Growth is then expected to accelerate to 3% next year.

Risks to the outlook are heavily skewed to the downside, with heightened chances of a hard landing. In a plausible alternative scenario with further financial sector stress, global growth would decelerate to about 2.5% in 2023.

Looking further ahead, growth is expected to remain around 3% over the next five years. This baseline forecast of 3% five years ahead for 2028 makes it the lowest medium-term growth projection since 1990, and well below the average of 3.8% from the past two decades.

The anemic outlook reflects the tight policy stances needed to bring down inflation, the fallout from the recent deterioration in financial conditions, Russia's war in Ukraine and growing geo-economic fragmentation.
That’s cause these are poor countries with huge population…it has room to grow…once they cross 25k per capita income it’s really hard to keep growing.

Amazing to see BD making its presence felt at the global level. Its been a long time coming but still amazing to see it happening in reality.

@mb444 @Bilal9

I am surprised that while IND and BD are there, why PAK isnt there, given its large population and given that GS expects it to be a top 10 economy by 2070. Maybe Brofessor sb (@RiazHaq) can shed some light on this.

Regards

@mb444 @Bilal9

I am surprised that while IND and BD are there, why PAK isnt there, given its large population and given that GS expects it to be a top 10 economy by 2070. Maybe Brofessor sb (@RiazHaq) can shed some light on this.

Regards
PAK will be the 7th largest consumer by 2050, as per @RiazHaq. So they skipped all the interim growth and development for these intermediate times.

Last edited:
@mb444 @Bilal9

Regards
The reality today about Pakistan is quite harsh. And the past predictions do not remain relevant once a country spends more borrowed money to make false impressions over others.

I hope BD not falling into a macho culture whereby it even imports grasses from Europe to decorate its public places in the Capital.

Last edited:
@bluesky

Neel Akash Dada,

once a country spends more borrowed money to make an impression over others.

That fortunately has not been the case for BD. And as long as SHW continues, unlikely she will allow it to happen.

Regards

PAK will be the 7th largest consumer by 2050, as per @RiazHaq. So they skipped all the interim growth and development for these intermediate times.
Right. It is foolish to work as the outcome has already been predicted. Al Bakistan will be the 7th Largest economy by 2050. This statement is enough for Paxtanis to shut down all big industries, stop investments in Health, Education and Infra. Why put efforts man, when you already know the outcome! China, Amrika, OIC will make this happen for Al Bakistan, if they fail then Allah will make it happen for sure. Al Bakistan is going to be the 7th Largest economy by default (I am not talking about payment default 🤣). 2050 tak Baki (Udhaar) mein kaam chalao uske baad naliyo me se dollar niklega.

Right. It is foolish to work as the outcome has already been predicted. Al Bakistan will be the 7th Largest economy by 2050. This statement is enough for Paxtanis to shut down all big industries, stop investments in Health, Education and Infra. Why put efforts man, when you already know the outcome! China, Amrika, OIC will make this happen for Al Bakistan, if they fail then Allah will make it happen for sure. Al Bakistan is going to be the 7th Largest economy by default (I am not talking about payment default 🤣). 2050 tak Baki (Udhaar) mein kaam chalao uske baad naliyo me se dollar niklega.

Two things are certain in life as per the learned man Zaid Zaman Hamid, first being all major global decisions will be taken from Islamabad, and second is Gajwa-e-Hind.

And if weather permits, Pakistan will have a moon base.

Two things are certain in life as per the learned man Zaid Zaman Hamid, first being all major global decisions will be taken from Islamabad, and second is Gajwa-e-Hind.

And if weather permits, Pakistan will have a moon base.
Nothing wrong in these statements. If you watch the Bakistanis carefully, the statements always go wrong for them. As they only need Jazba to make these statements, their problem surface immediately after that and when they are unable to solve the problem, they come up with more statements so as to put the blame on others. Example - Raa Ki Saazish, Raat tha andhera bahut tha, Taange Kaamp rahe they, Tea was fantastic etc.

They started war and attacked India in 1965 (Mini Gazwa e Hind) but later they settled down with defending Lahore and celebrate the Defence Day (Consider it as the Defeat of India).

For that moon base, agree that weather plays a vital role but you should also consider Allah's efforts there too. After all, Pakistan kalme par bana hai. Everything is based on the wills(navy cut) of Alllah.

Btw, I am a big fan of that learned man Sir Zaid Zaman Hamid. Once I even thought of sprinkling some ink on the white burqa like dress of some Sheikh in revenge. Soudia must pay for the 26 Whips on the tomato red bums of Sir Zaid Hamid.

@bluesky

Neel Akash Dada,

once a country spends more borrowed money to make an impression over others.

That fortunately has not been the case for BD. And as long as SHW continues, unlikely she will allow it to happen.

Regards
You just cannot say that the bad effects of borrowing may not happen in BD. However, BD exports almost $50 billion. So, this money has been partially used to pay back the borrowed money.

But note also that the amount of money needed for repayment will keep on increasing year after year.

It is good for BD that SL and Pakistan are facing repayment trouble. This has alerted BD and it stopped importing many luxury goods.

It was also good to seek IMF money. The IMF as usual has given some conditions before giving loans. The IMF pressure has

Last edited:
@mb444 @Bilal9

Regards

Bringing PK into this thread will inevitably lead to an unnecessary flame war.

I focus solely on BD. This is a good development, BD needs to retain its focus on economics but needs to drastically improve on governance. Slow and steady upward trajectory is what i am hoping for BD.

Nothing wrong in these statements. If you watch the Bakistanis carefully, the statements always go wrong for them. As they only need Jazba to make these statements, their problem surface immediately after that and when they are unable to solve the problem, they come up with more statements so as to put the blame on others. Example - Raa Ki Saazish, Raat tha andhera bahut tha, Taange Kaamp rahe they, Tea was fantastic etc.

They started war and attacked India in 1965 (Mini Gazwa e Hind) but later they settled down with defending Lahore and celebrate the Defence Day (Consider it as the Defeat of India).

For that moon base, agree that weather plays a vital role but you should also consider Allah's efforts there too. After all, Pakistan kalme par bana hai. Everything is based on the wills(navy cut) of Alllah.

Btw, I am a big fan of that learned man Sir Zaid Zaman Hamid. Once I even thought of sprinkling some ink on the white burqa like dress of some Sheikh in revenge. Soudia must pay for the 26 Whips on the tomato red bums of Sir Zaid Hamid.

Please dont derail this BD specific thread.

It has nothing do with either India or PK. Go have this out on another thread please.

@bluesky said: But note also that the amount of money needed for repayment will keep on increasing year after year.

So will the exports!

Regards

Back
Top Bottom