What's new

Illegal Immigrants and The Wall

C130

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
for my fellow Americans what do you think of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico and other parts of Latin America into the U.S??

and do you think we should build a wall and if so should Mexico pay for it?

me personally I think illegal immigration is a problem. i think the illegals who have been here for over a decade and have children should get amnesty, and the bad illegals need to be rounded up and send back over the wall.

now for the wall...what kinda set up do you think would be best???

now the U.S/Mexico is 3.145km long compared to Hadrian's Wall which was 117km long and The Great Wall of China which is 8,851KM pretty impressive

now does it need to be a continuous wall or could there be gaps which could be monitored effectively.

now my personall opinion...

it's gotta be 20 feet deep in the ground; so you can't just dig a tunnel under it, or it would at least make it harder to do so.

it's gotta be at least 3 feet thick and reinforced with rebar

it's gotta be at least 20 feet tall

look out towers every 25 km. if illegals are spotted trying to get over the wall you could be on the scene quickly on your ATV or pick up in at least 10 minutes.

now I'm wondering if having drones fly back and forth across the border is feasible.

2 MQ-1 spread out by 1,000KM heading east and another 2 MQ-1 heading west along the boarder, and they gotta have GMTI

and yes I think Mexico is obligated to pay for the Wall or partially.

if they don't want to that's fine. we can just dip into the foreign aid we give countries and put some of that back into America.

;);)

israel_wall_tower_2_ufnlj_3868_V6mAm_19672.jpg

Last edited:
for my fellow Americans what do you think of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico and other parts of Latin America into the U.S??

me personally I think illegal immigration is a problem. i think the illegals who have been here for over a decade and have children should get amnesty, and the bad illegals need to be rounded up and send back over the wall.

now the U.S/Mexico is 3.145km long compared to Hadrian's Wall which was 117km long and The Great Wall of China which is 8,851KM pretty impressive

now does it need to be a continuous wall or could there be gaps which could be monitored effectively.

it's gotta be 20 feet deep in the ground; so you can't just dig a tunnel under it, or it would at least make it harder to do so.

look out towers every 25 km. if illegals are spotted trying to get over the wall you could be on the scene quickly on your ATV or pick up in at least 10 minutes.

now I'm wondering if having drones fly back and forth across the border is feasible.

2 MQ-1 spread out by 1,000KM heading east and another 2 MQ-1 heading west along the boarder, and they gotta have GMTI

if they don't want to that's fine. we can just dip into the foreign aid we give countries and put some of that back into America.

;);)

I believe there is 0 chance or reason for Mexico to pay for a wall, and how exactly would we force them to? Thats just Trump babble.

Raiding foreign aid to pay for it would be to our detriment imo, and would send the wrong message.

I believe there is 0 chance or reason for Mexico to pay for a wall, and how exactly would we force them to? Thats just Trump babble.

Raiding foreign aid to pay for it would be to our detriment imo, and would send the wrong message.

we could make them pay for it. not all at once. we could cut out aid to Mexico. not sure how much money we give them to fight the war on drugs and other stuff, but I would say it's significant.

Mexico is just funny.

like take for instance the capture El Chapo Guzman we wanted him extradited to the U.S, but Mexico was pretty much like it would be 100 years before we ever send him to the U.S

and whoops Guzman escapes again.

Mexico is just to corrupt.

we gotta deal with the illegals flooding in.

though I don't think it's as bad as Europe migrate problem :lol:

;);)

Elections are drawing near so unfortunately its time for common sense to go out the window and stupidity and demagoguery to rule the day. A few facts

1. There are just as many, if not more 'illegals' who come in with visas that overstay becoming undocumented. 20-30 million tourist visas + 3 million business visas + 1 million international student visas annually. Many potential 'illegals' here who come in legally, so a wall will only solve half of the problem unless you want to stop issuing visas effectively killing the economy.
2. Even if you build the wall, it can easily be breached with power tools or explosives on the surface or underground. How much money are you willing to waste to build this great wall across the 2000 mile border plus drones, border agents and even electrifying it as some are suggesting? We both know Mexico will not offer a dime to build it and why should they? Even if the impenetrable wall is built and fully manned, then they can come in through the Pacific/Gulf of Mexico with boats or subs. The same methods illegal drugs get smuggled into the country can be used to smuggle people.
3. Illegal immigration is not as big a problem as it used to be. There used to be net gain of over a million undocumented immigrants every year, but from 2007 to 2009 there was a net reduction of illegal immigration.
Returning to Mexico: Why Mexican Immigrants Are Leaving the US - The Epoch Times
Since then the level of illegal immigration has stabilized.
Unauthorized immigrant population stable for half a decade | Pew Research Center
4. You are going to get amnesty whether you like it or not due to the 14th amendment. All they have to do is wait and not commit a felony in the meantime. Even if they get deported their kids can file for their immediate family to legally return very quickly as soon as they turn 18.

I don't see illegal immigration as a problem. My solution is more liberty and free movement of people as the free market determines. I don't mind any good hardworking people coming here to make a decent life for themselves and their families. I would also like the option of moving to Mexico as easily as I can move to California if I so choose. Create an EU like economy with free trade and immigration among North and South American countries. I understand though that I am in the fringe with this opinion.

you should have built a wall like in israel , but you spent all your taxpayer money on israel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom