What's new

IJT Delays, options for IAF

Ever since the IAF went ahead and ordered the PC-7 Mk.2 and then More BAE Hawks the likelihood of the IJT ever making it into IAF service in any meaningful way looked remote.

Totally agree, we cannot go by a set pattern of training and if modern technology so allows why not go for two stage training which not only is speedier and cost effective but also allows IAF to simplify its inventory. Infact the equivalent investment can be made into more advanced simulators that will help trainee pilots immensely.

I think IAF should now look toward two IJTs from EU and US about 60 of each type this can give them the puch they might require to grow!!!

I think IAF should now look toward two IJTs from EU and US about 60 of each type this can give them the puch they might require to grow!!!

Mate seriously, what would be the point in that? As I have outlined there is simply no need for an IJT in the IAF as the PC-7 Mk.2 and BAE HAWK MK.132 AJT are more than sufficient to get rookies trained up when coupled with intensive ground based simulator training. I don't see what a EU or US IJT would add to the IAF's training program. Additionally 60 IJTs from EU AND US?!! Are you mad?!! Lol! At a time the IAF is trying to streamline its different streams you advocate adding an additional 2 platforms that,in reality, bring zero additional capability to the IAF?!! And considering the IAF, like all modern AFs, has a standardised training regime this would mean IAF pilots would have to train on both IJTs (otherwise you'd have some pilots training on one IJT and some on another which is unessercary) so from a 3 stage trainer program (as the IAF has now apparently settled on, BTT (PC-7)----> AJT (Hawk)----> OCU (MKI/LCA/Mig-29/M2k etc) ) you advocate a FIVE stage training program (BTT---->IJT 1----->IJT 2---->AJT----> OCU)?!

Not practical or at all useful IMHO mate!

Like I said though, is like to see a supersonic LIFT trainer to go in between stage 2 and OCU. There is room for it I feel. Yes the IAF could get by without a dedicated supersonic LIFT but just to add that little bit more redundancy in the system I feel a supersonic LIFT would be an excellent addition to the IAF's training fleet. But like I say, it's not strictly essential.

Mate seriously, what would be the point in that? As I have outlined there is simply no need for an IJT in the IAF as the PC-7 Mk.2 and BAE HAWK MK.132 AJT are more than sufficient to get rookies trained up when coupled with intensive ground based simulator training. I don't see what a EU or US IJT would add to the IAF's training program. Additionally 60 IJTs from EU AND US?!! Are you mad?!! Lol! At a time the IAF is trying to streamline its different streams you advocate adding an additional 2 platforms that,in reality, bring zero additional capability to the IAF?!! And considering the IAF, like all modern AFs, has a standardised training regime this would mean IAF pilots would have to train on both IJTs (otherwise you'd have some pilots training on one IJT and some on another which is unessercary) so from a 3 stage trainer program (as the IAF has now apparently settled on, BTT (PC-7)----> AJT (Hawk)----> OCU (MKI/LCA/Mig-29/M2k etc) ) you advocate a FIVE stage training program (BTT---->IJT 1----->IJT 2---->AJT----> OCU)?!

Not practical or at all useful IMHO mate!

Like I said though, is like to see a supersonic LIFT trainer to go in between stage 2 and OCU. There is room for it I feel. Yes the IAF could get by without a dedicated supersonic LIFT but just to add that little bit more redundancy in the system I feel a supersonic LIFT would be an excellent addition to the IAF's training fleet. But like I say, it's not strictly essential.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom