What's new

If we have $13 billion, can we spend $1 billion for our military?

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
If Bangladesh have $13 billion in hand:yahoo: than can we spend $1 billion in our military tools?:what:

Sure why not. After all it will be just 8% of it. You should look to use atleast 50% :))

On a serious note, what do you mean by "If we have 13$ billion in hand"....? I mean are you referring to your Budget or forex or what ?

In theory, yes.

It is raw cash that can be used to buy goods from abroad, including arms.

Whether it is wise to use up too much forex to buy arms when there are other demands on the forex like consumer goods imports, fuel, machinery etc.

Those 13 billions is to buy food, crude oil, debt servicing, raw materials for industries. And with those 13 billions, a nation of the size Bangladesh will barely survive for few months, if they doesn't keep pouring more money into it. FYI Bangladesh has an external debt of around 24 billion.

Now go ahead, take 1 billion out of it. :enjoy:

Those 13 billions is to buy food, crude oil, debt servicing, raw materials for industries. And with those 13 billions, a nation of the size Bangladesh will barely survive for few months, if they doesn't keep pouring more money into it. FYI Bangladesh has an external debt of around 24 billion.

Now go ahead, take 1 billion out of it. :enjoy:

A country like BD needs much more than 13 billion dollars in forex reserves.

Around 25-30 billion would be more comfortable.

Sure why not. After all it will be just 8% of it. You should look to use atleast 50% :))

On a serious note, what do you mean by "If we have 13$ billion in hand"....? I mean are you referring to your Budget or forex or what ?

I mean Forex not Budget :tup:

A country like BD needs much more than 13 billion dollars in forex reserves.

Around 25-30 billion would be more comfortable.

I indirectly tried to imply the same, after all BD is a nation of 100 million people and they have their requirements. Just because you have money doesn't mean you can go shopping for irrelevant things. Anything beyond allocated budget is not advisable.

In theory, yes.

Whether it is wise to use up too much forex to buy arms when there are other demands on the forex like consumer goods imports, fuel, machinery etc.

We should buy defensive tools like- long or medium range Air and missile defence systems and some proven air fighters, what you say?

In theory, yes.

What this is RAW's cash?? :D

On a serious note, Forex reserves are not some free cash available in a country that can be used for any purpose, it's kept by the central bank of a country to maintain a BOP (imports, exports, etc.), India was in a serious BOP crisis in 1991-92 when it's Forex reserves were just enough for 1 or 2 week imports.

Forex reserves acts as a cushion at the time of any financial emergency affecting a nation.

I indirectly tried to imply the same, after all BD is a nation of 100 million people and they have their requirements. Just because you have money doesn't mean you can go shopping for irrelevant things. Anything beyond allocated budget is not advisable.

Without a strong military power we wont get respect from other countres and this is proven truth:coffee:. I have seen in this forum many indians did not respect us-our military:blah:

@ We need not to buy armaments by our forex, most of the items comes automatically. Only thing required to maint a well trained military personnels.

@ Most of the armaments we got from China as a free gift. We received many equpments from Pakistan, Turkey and Egypt.

@ We used to get lot of economic aids from Middle East countries which we could easily divert it to Defence Budget.

@ We got lot of armament from Middle East once Saddam was evicted from Kuwait after the First Gulf War.

Without a strong military power we wont get respect from other countres and this is proven truth:coffee:. I have seen in this forum many indians did not respect us-our military:blah:

You have to earn that respect, and what makes you think 1 billion is going to make a huge difference in gaining that respect. Open your eyes, India is planning more that $100 billions of defense equipment acquisition in coming 5-6 years.

13 billion dollar is not the money of the Govt rather its the money of the depositor. BB bought dollar with the depositor's money. So, no govt cant spend a single penny from it unless paid similar amount in Taka to the Bangladesh Bank from revenue collection.

We need not to buy armaments by our forex, most of the items comes automatically. Only thing required to maint a well trained military personnels.

Most of the armaments we got from China as a free gift. We received many equpments from Pakistan, Turkey and Egypt.

We used to get lot of economic aids from Middle East countries which we could easily divert it to Defence Budget.

We got lot of armament from Middle East once Saddam was evicted from Kuwait after the First Gulf War.

As we got most 2nd hand military tools from others are out of date or obsolete, we need to buy latest tools and make our military up to date.

Back
Top Bottom