What's new

If India buys F-16?

Fireurimagination

Reaction score
Country
India
I was just wondering if India buys F-16 and that too in the 150-200 numbers as the reports in the media are stating, what will be the implications for PAF? Now I understand that the Indian F-16IN will be more advanced block-70 than the F-16 in PAF inventory, thus both in numbers and quality IAF will have an upper hand. In the last 70 years F-16 has been the workhorse of PAF and answer to every challenge that it has faced. But what will be Pakistan's answer to F-16 when it faces it as a challenge?

Will this deal (if it goes through) will push India completely in US camp and Pakistan in Russian camp, it will be strange to see this reversal though (who would have imagined it during cold war). Will JF-17 block 3 cut the deal for PAF? Please don't state the 5th generation fighters will be the answer because I guess both India and Pakistan will not be able to afford 5th generation fighters in huge numbers.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1293018/india-offers-to-buy-200-foreign-combat-jets-if-theyre-made-in-india

Will this deal (if it goes through) will push India completely in US camp and Pakistan in Russian camp, it will be strange to see this reversal though (who would have imagined it during cold war). Will JF-17 block 3 cut the deal for PAF? Please don't state the 5th generation fighters will be the answer because I guess both India and Pakistan will not be able to afford 5th generation fighters in huge numbers.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1293018/india-offers-to-buy-200-foreign-combat-jets-if-theyre-made-in-india

How did you come to that conclusion ?

I was just wondering if India buys F-16 and that too in the 150-200 numbers as the reports in the media are stating, what will be the implications for PAF? Now I understand that the Indian F-16IN will be more advanced block-70 than the F-16 in PAF inventory, thus both in numbers and quality IAF will have an upper hand. In the last 70 years F-16 has been the workhorse of PAF and answer to every challenge that it has faced. But what will be Pakistan's answer to F-16 when it faces it as a challenge?

How about we buy our lovely F-16s from you, then? :cheesy: Lovely business it would be.....:lol: :enjoy:

Well it will be a big deal $10-12 billion, which definitely won't make Russia very happy

Thats different than being in Amreican Camp. Russians know that this deal will not go their way after MRCA decision.

Thats different than being in Amreican Camp. Russians know that this deal will not go their way after MRCA decision.

Maybe but it would definitely get harder to manage both US and Russia side-by-side. Surely it won't be like India and Russia won't see eye-to-eye and same in case of US-Pak but when Russia would know that there golden goose is gone and they are not getting any priority in deals then they may sell say 40 SU-35s to Pakistan just to pi$$ India off

Russian mig-35 will be selected indian will never purchase American or Swedish jets

Will this deal (if it goes through) will push India completely in US camp and Pakistan in Russian camp, it will be strange to see this reversal though (who would have imagined it during cold war).

how 12-15 Billion of LWF Fighter from US/Sweeden
compare that to 3 Mod Krivaks, 2 Akula Class NSubs, BrahmosLR, Brahmos M, KA226, Additional T90M, 150 Pakfa/FGFA - close to 25 Billion, MKI Upgrade close to 7 billion, S400, Pantsir, . Total book order over next 15 years close to 42 Billion Dollars?

If India buys F-16 with TOT and export licence, than PAF will buy F-16 from India directly.. giving the american middle Finger.

Maybe but it would definitely get harder to manage both US and Russia side-by-side. Surely it won't be like India and Russia won't see eye-to-eye and same in case of US-Pak but when Russia would know that there golden goose is gone and they are not getting any priority in deals then they may sell say 40 SU-35s to Pakistan just to pi$$ India off

And loose 300 Su-50 deal with India ? Russians are not that stupid.

And even if they sell, we should stop getting worried about such things.

Russian mig-35 will be selected indian will never purchase American or Swedish jets
never say never, we operate murrican transport aircraft and have orders for Ah-64D and CH-47Fs, are fighters really that far off ?

personally, I certainly hope it wont be the F-16, and for a variety of reasons I believe strongly that it wont be the F-16, but you never know.

Well it will be a big deal $10-12 billion, which definitely won't make Russia very happy

What about the $30B FGFA deal? What about the $10-15B Super MKI deal? What about the massive navy and army deals that we have ongoing with Russia?

India is not in any camp. We are buying weapons from anybody who has the technology we want. So all these countries selling weapons to India are in India's camp.

Back
Top Bottom