What's new

IDP Resettlement Watch | Updates & Discussions

what are the details of the account Imran Khan set up for the IDPs?

WORLD FOOD PROGRAM BEGINS AID DISPERSAL IN BANNU
0 COMMENT
clock.png
JUN 23 2014
author.png
BY AFP

A. Majeed—AFP

INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS CLASH WITH POLICE OVER DELAY IN DISTRIBUTION OF AID.
The World Food Program on Monday began distributing aid for hundreds of thousands of people who have fled a military operation in Pakistan, as refugees clashed with authorities over delays.

Pakistan began a long-awaited military offensive aimed at eliminating Taliban militants from their stronghold in the North Waziristan tribal district last week, following a brazen attack on the country’s busiest airport in Karachi.

The operation, involving airstrikes, tanks and heavy artillery has forced the exodus of more than 400,000 people, mainly to the nearby town of Bannu just outside the tribal zone. It has left nearly 280 militants dead, according to the Army, but the figure cannot be independently verified.

Safiullah Khan, an official with a local non-governmental organization partnered with the WFP, said a food distribution point in Bannu had begun providing rations including wheat flour, cooking oil, lentils and high energy biscuits. “We have made all necessary arrangements, which are enough to cater to ration needs of 15,000 families on daily basis,” he said.

Around 2,000 people had gathered at a local football ground where the food center was set up to wait for the first consignment of trucks. They later scuffled with police when distribution was delayed by several hours, who fired in the air to disperse the protestors.

Noor Bat Khan, a 60-year-old resident from Esori village in North Waziristan criticized authorities for taking so long to act and not creating enough centers. “The authorities should set up more distribution points as it will be difficult for the displaced persons to wait for their turn in scorching heat,” he said.

According to a government spokesman, a total of 404,819 people have so far left North Waziristan after the start of the military offensive.

Meanwhile influential warlord Hafiz Gul Bahadur held talks with a tribal jirga, or council, in North Waziristan where he repeated a threat to join forces with the Taliban if the offensive continued. “Bahadur said he would not launch any retaliatory action against military troops operating in the region until the middle of August provided the government agrees to stop the offensive enabling the refugees to return to their homes,” said a spokesman for the jirga, Malik Fida.

Bahadur fought against the Soviets during their occupation of Afghanistan and later against U.S. forces after 2001, but signed a peace deal with the Pakistani military in 2006.

World Food Program Begins Aid Dispersal in Bannu ‹ Newsweek Pakistan

@Leader @Marwat Khan Lodhi, both of you, don't be so ready to cheer IK and the friendly people of NW........ most if not all of them are a bane in our existence............. they all need to be settled in camps, properly vetted, fingerprinted, DNA'ed.... pictured, family and tribal allegiances need to be inked down..............

If we are really stupid, we will take them as they say....... it was them who married Chechen women, it was them who played with the Arabs, it was them who gave shelter to Uzbeks...... it's time, them and their children pay the price....... yes, even the ones who remained silent........... I'm sorry to say it, however, this is how it is...............

JI to set up relief camp for IDPs in Lakki Marwat

LAKKI MARWAT: The Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) has decided to set up a relief camp in the district for the internally displaced persons (IDPs) who fled North Waziristan military operation. The decision was made at a meeting held here on Sunday with district president Malik Mir Shah in the chair.

Speaking at the meeting, the JI leaders asked the federal government to fulfill its responsibilities and assist the provincial government in tackling the IDPs related issues. They said the district administration had vacated some schools for IDPs but no food and financial assistance had been provided to them so far.

They said the JI and its organisation Al-Khidmat Foundation would motivate local people to take care of the needs of IDPs and come forward to help them generously. Expressing concern over fleecing of the IDPs by transporters and owners of houses, they asked the district administration to take notice of the issue.

Meanwhile, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) Serai Naurang tehsil held a relief camp in main bazaar to distribute aid items among IDPs. The activists offered cold water, juices, medicines and other essentialities to the displaced families coming to the townJI to set up relief camp for IDPs in Lakki Marwat - thenews.com.pk

@Leader @Marwat Khan Lodhi, both of you, don't be so ready to cheer IK and the friendly people of NW........ most if not all of them are a bane in our existence............. they all need to be settled in camps, properly vetted, fingerprinted, DNA'ed.... pictured, family and tribal allegiances need to be inked down..............

If we are really stupid, we will take them as they say....... it was them who married Chechen women, it was them who played with the Arabs, it was them who gave shelter to Uzbeks...... it's time, them and their children pay the price....... yes, even the ones who remained silent........... I'm sorry to say it, however, this is how it is...............
You are from North waziristan, you and your family should be restricted to camps, properly vetted, fingerprinted, DNA'ed.... pictured, family and tribal allegiances need to be inked down.

Punjab to send Rs100m relief goods for IDPs

LAHORE: On the instructions of Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif, Punjab government has decided to dispatch relief goods worth Rs 100 million for the assistance of IDPs of North Waziristan which include tents, rice and flour, says a handout.
This was informed by Chief Relief Commissioner Punjab, Nadeem Ashraf, while presiding over a meeting, here on Sunday. Director General Provincial Disaster Management Authority Zaheer Abbas, Deputy Director Operations Sajjad Ahmed and other officers were present on the occasion. Chief Relief Commissioner further informed that first consignment of relief goods comprising 40 trucks will be dispatched on Monday. He said that 20 trucks loaded with tents, 10 trucks carrying 6000 bags of rice of 20 kg each and 10 trucks with 6000 flour bags of 20 kg each will be dispatched. He informed that Punjab government will provide relief assistance in accordance with the needs of the IDPs.

Punjab to send Rs100m relief goods for IDPs

I'm sick at the moment.......... my mother seems to have a soft heart........... she has been helping them out for the past two weeks........ :D

Yes, I know him...... they are street-dogs.......... I think, just one year ago, they went to kill someone and women opened fire on them! Why you ask?
i wish she had some influence on you!:taz::argh: she is an angel no doubt:smitten: unlike you:happy:

agree with the first part....need to investigate thoroughly....

why the children should pay the price BB?:undecided: its inhumane! and for remaining silent....do they have any say? i mean the common people there? they are afraid of Taliban and their threats.....they are as helpless as any common Pakistani living in other parts of Pak....where we cant even stand against any injustice done to us in even developed and big cities like lahore/Karachi/Islo....recent happening in Lahore...didnt you see how ordinary people were beaten and killed brutally and nobody could do anything?.and you are expecting less fortunate and less educated people living in remote areas like FATA to stand up against the biggest threat to the world i.e Taliban? ....the commoners in FATA are grilled from both sides...> if they remain silent then Army turns against them...if they support Army,Taliban make it very difficult for them to survive there even on every day basis....you should understand their misery!

You my dear, are going to grow into a wonderful woman..... I'm proud of you....... so should be your parents! :)

why the children should pay the price BB?:undecided: its inhumane! and for remaining silent....do they have any say? i mean the common people there? they are afraid of Taliban and their threats.....they are as helpless as any common Pakistani living in other parts of Pak....where we cant even stand against any injustice done to us in even developed and big cities like lahore/Karachi/Islo....recent happening in Lahore...didnt you see how ordinary people were beaten and killed brutally and nobody could do anything?.and you are expecting less fortunate and less educated people living in remote areas like FATA to stand up against the biggest threat to the world i.e Taliban? ....the commoners in FATA are grilled from both sides...> if they remain silent then Army turns against them...if they support Army,Taliban make it very difficult for them to survive there even on every day basis....you should understand their misery!

Last edited:
I deleted most of mine (I'll delete this one as well)..... delete the ones between you and myself as well......

You my dear, are going to grow into a wonderful woman..... I'm proud of you....... so should be your parents! :)
i understand the region and problems there:p:.....have Pakhtun Friends although they been living in twin cities,are even born and brought up here like you but are originally from KPK and FATA....the girls go there occasionally on weddings or eids etc but understand what's happening there..so hating all KPKians or FATAians like often ppl do,means hating my frends too? neighbours? classmates? colleagues? nah:no:.....and then one of my relatives is posted in one of the agencies as commanding officer...during his visit to our place with his kids and wifey some months ago....i asked him about FATA etc ...although like a true army officer hes doesnt give details:tongue: but he did explain me a few things when i inquired!:p:

and then Hate begets hate and violence begets violence...you need to understand it:drag:

@Hyperion

Wror,Any sort of help needed in Bannu you can ask me.If you want any arrangement for stay or any transport arrangement do leave me a reply.I am not in Bannu but i can send my brother/Cousin and they will pick you up from anywhere in Bannu.

@Hyperion

Wror,Any sort of help needed in Bannu you can ask me.If you want any arrangement for stay or any transport arrangement do leave me a reply.I am not in Bannu but i can send my brother/Cousin and they will pick you up from anywhere in Bannu.

you are the man ! :tup:

Completly agree, one should not expect normal NW people to exterminate foreign/local terrorists. Its job of army/police, but some ignorant people also don't want operation.

Nahin' yara, I'm fine......... resting, watching TV.....playing with kids......eating mangoes....having lassi.......... :p:

@Hyperion

Back
Top Bottom