What's new

IDFAF practicing MIG-29/F-16 dogfights! are those Mig-29 Indians ?

zombie:-)

BANNED
Reaction score
israel Air Force test pilots are flying MIG 29 jets and conducting dogfights against the IAF's F-16 fighters, Channel 2 revealed Wednesday evening.

The MIG 29, developed by the soviets in the 1970s, is one of the best fighter jets used by eastern and Arab countries, as well as by Syria and Iran. It was developed to counter American-made jets such the F-16 or F/A-18.

The jets were loaned to Israel by an unnamed foreign country
. The experiment is meant to prepare IAF pilots for missions where they might have to fight a foreign air-force.

"We tested them - we trained the IAF pilots against them," an unnamed IAF official said.

The IAF employs ten test pilots. The training of each costs about a million dollars, but the experience gleaned from the test pilots, the unnamed official said, "is priceless."

"You fly in places and in certain conditions in a way never attempted before," an unidentified test pilot said. "Once, a piece of the jet's body broke during an experiment but the crew managed to land it safely."

A test jet is just like a regular one, except for special sensors which cover literally every aspect of its mechanical and electronic systems and can be monitored from the ground for assessment.

An additional experiment conducted recently by the air force involved loading an F-16 with weapons to its utmost capacity, or "flight in a heavy formation," as the test pilot labeled it. The experiment was meant to measure the pilot's safety and the fighter's capability when it was carrying the maximum amount of armaments.

A jet so armed might be used in a long-distance sortie. The pilots interviewed would not name which foreign countries might be the targets of such sorties, but it was clear the main target of such an ambitious mission would be Iran's nuclear installations

IAF practicing MIG-29/F-16 dogfights | Iran news | Jerusalem Post

COULD THIS UNNAMED FOREIGN COUNTRY BE INDIA
:cheesy:

:cheers:

Israeli Air Force test pilots are flying MIG 29 jets and conducting dogfights against the IAF's F-16 fighters, Channel 2 revealed Wednesday evening.

The MIG 29, developed by the soviets in the 1970s, is one of the best fighter jets used by eastern and Arab countries, as well as by Syria and Iran. It was developed to counter American-made jets such the F-16 or F/A-18.

The jets were loaned to Israel by an unnamed foreign country. The experiment is meant to prepare IAF pilots for missions where they might have to fight a foreign air-force.

"We tested them - we trained the IAF pilots against them," an unnamed IAF official said.

The IAF employs ten test pilots. The training of each costs about a million dollars, but the experience gleaned from the test pilots, the unnamed official said, "is priceless."

"You fly in places and in certain conditions in a way never attempted before," an unidentified test pilot said. "Once, a piece of the jet's body broke during an experiment but the crew managed to land it safely."

A test jet is just like a regular one, except for special sensors which cover literally every aspect of its mechanical and electronic systems and can be monitored from the ground for assessment.

An additional experiment conducted recently by the air force involved loading an F-16 with weapons to its utmost capacity, or "flight in a heavy formation," as the test pilot labeled it. The experiment was meant to measure the pilot's safety and the fighter's capability when it was carrying the maximum amount of armaments.

A jet so armed might be used in a long-distance sortie. The pilots interviewed would not name which foreign countries might be the targets of such sorties, but it was clear the main target of such an ambitious mission would be Iran's nuclear installations.

IAF practicing MIG-29/F-16 dogfights | Iran news | Jerusalem Post

are these mig-29s indian who else can supply israel with the Mig 29s

Israel has ties with many countries operating the type. Eritria, Poland etc. I doubt these are from India.

Hard guess.....but i think,this are indian jets.....maybe part of the secret treaty and collaborations which were announced by israeli and indian officials(you all do remember,right??)......

All the practice helps! lol good luck lol

You people forget that India has an extremely important diplomatic stake and potential economic interests with Iran which they would not jeopardize needlessly.

one IDFAF pilot is currently is attached to a Mig-29 Squadron in Indian Air Force and a IAF pilot to a F-16 Squadron in IDFAF

one IDFAF pilot is currently is attached to a Mig-29 Squadron in Indian Air Force and a IAF pilot to a F-16 Squadron in IDFAF

about exchange pilots i knew american pilots being instructors of the kiran trainer ....and indian pilots serving in the USAF trainer squadrons ...but for fighter squadrons this is new to me ...any news of russian pilots working in india and vise versa ?????

were you refering to this article

BY : AJAY FOR IDRW.ORG

In already growing close relationship by India and Israeli has got a new boost when Indian air force (IAF) and Israel Defense Forces/Air Force (IDFAF) have agreed to exchange pilots between the two air arm, IDFAF pilot posted in India will be flying MiG-29B Baaz operating from Adampur Airbase which is located in western India (Punjab) 100 kilometers East of the Pakistan border, Adampur is one of 14 Indian Airbases under the Western Air Command within 300 kilometers of the Pakistan border. Adampur Airbase is home to at least 70 combat aircraft including two squadrons of MiG- 29s, (No. 47 Squadron - MiG-29A/C/UB” Black Archers”, No. 223 Squadron - MiG-29A/C/UB “Tridents”) two squadrons of MiG-23s and a squadron of MiG- 21s, while IAF pilot will be attached with Israeli Tayset squadron which operates F-16C/D Barak from Hatzor air force base Located near the lower west coast of Israel , Hatzor airbase is home to three squadrons of F-16 A/B/C/D operated by 101 , 105 , 144 Squadrons by IDFAF , similarly pilots from the Transport wing will also be exchanged IAF pilot will be attached to C-130 Squadron and a IDFAF pilot will be attached to IL-76 Squadron and IAF Helicopter pilot will be attached to CH-53 Squadron and a IDFAF pilot will be attached to MI-17 units ,this exchanged pilots will carry out routine training sorties from their respected posted Squadrons and after completion of their tenure will be replaced by other pilots from their respected air forces, Mig-29 is also operated by Syria and Iran which have hostile relationship with Israel and F-16 is operated by Pakistan which has hostile relationship with India ,these agreement will help deep understanding of functioning and tactics of each others air arm and also give deep insight into aircrafts operated by their rivals

:welcome::sniper: i am a new to this forum, i think it is first time that israely r training with india:flame:

about exchange pilots i knew american pilots being instructors of the kiran trainer ....and indian pilots serving in the USAF trainer squadrons ...but for fighter squadrons this is new to me ...any news of russian pilots working in india and vise versa ?????

were you refering to this article

ya it was me who wrote that article , Russian Sukhoi instructors where in India for some time when they where getting inducted but not now ,some IAF pilot is also attached to a USAF F-16 squadron but this is very old report i donot know if the pilot is still there

Good See Israelis Pilots with indian Air Force.

These Israelis have perfected AIR WAR and are second to know one in combat doctrine.

Indian pilots will learn a great deal from these top gun pilots

Back
Top Bottom