What's new

IDEX 2017: Future F-16 Fighter Jets To be Made in USA

Yes to both. In fact, Gripen's radar is better than what's on the F-35. It's competitive with the upcoming F-22 MLU radar, although it will be less capable due to its size. The F-16's radar is nowhere near.

As for RCS, Gripen is very competitive. It was able to sneak up on Typhoons without being detected, similar to what 5th gen jets can do.
F-35 has the second best radar and 2nd best radar cross section, where are your sources for Gripen being better than F-35 RADAR?

F-35 has the second best radar and 2nd best radar cross section, where are your sources for Gripen being better than F-35 RADAR?

The Gripen that we will get will have a GaN radar made by Saab.
http://defenceupdate.in/saab-offers-cutting-edge-gan-aesa-radar-technology-india-selects-gripen/

Saab's offered an integrated radar+EW suite for Tejas also, GaN based.
http://saabgroup.com/Media/news-pre...ld-class-sensor-package-for-indian-tejas-lca/

Because of the huge development delays, the F-35 is already outdated, it is carrying technologies that Thales has already started replacing. The Rafale has already surpassed it, and more recently, Gripen has also.

Btw, the F-35's radar and RCS is superior to the F-22's. The F-22 is carrying obsolete technologies.

Its todays news genius all f-16's will be build in the US the market is not dead yet , and don't talk to me if I wasn't talking to you.

Its todays news here in the US all f-16's will be built in the US , so much for a dying market eh go read up and find it.

If you don't like me replying on your posts, put me on ignore list, or better don't post in a forum your opinion if you don't expect ppl to take it serious and think for themselves.

And if our are not able to see the context my reply was going to, well thats obviously your problem.

If you don't like me replying on your posts, put me on ignore list, or better don't post in a forum your opinion if you don't expect ppl to take it serious and think for themselves.

And if our are not able to see the context my reply was going to, well thats obviously your problem.

I been in this forum a lot longer then you and will be here way after you are gone. First, I was not talking to you seems as you like to butt in to other peoples conversions Second, you have no clue what you are talking about that's why I told you to do you some homework. Third, your reply was to me directly and not where your so called " Context " was going towards so next time know what you are saying to whom and where you are saying it .

I been in this forum a lot longer then you and will be here way after you are gone. First, I was not talking to you seems as you like to butt in to other peoples conversions Second, you have no clue what you are talking about that's why I told you to do you some homework. Third, your reply was to me directly and not where your so called " Context " was going towards so next time know what you are saying to whom and where you are saying it .

well honey, that gets a bit nitty now.

1st. You've not told me to to do my homework first or any time, you told it to cloud4000. So please sweetheart, get your head clear who you are talking what to...
2nd. I don't care howlong you where in a forum, sitting in a bar or waiting for the bus to come. Time is not giving you any credibility or any politeness by the way... The things you state give it.
3rd. a forum is a public discussion. If you like to have private discussion, well answer the people in private. At least, that is something that you should have learned in your long lasting forum experience.
4th. If I don't have a clue what I am talking about, well why you get so much upset, by me. It was up to you to handle my argument, but you failed on that.
5th in your childish reply, you quoted me, saying that the market for the 16 is dying... Again you mess up what I say and other say... please find a post where i wrote that the market for the 16 is dying? you wont find any. I said it is narrowing... that is pretty much a difference.
6th by ignoring my other arguments and starting that nitty pissy discussion, you qualified yourself for my ignore list.

Farewell honey...

There was a reason that certain countries were silence over any possibility of future assembly line in foreign country. LM has to keep up not just its quality and customer's trust but indeed the Trump's administration believe in "America First" However, people tensed and been enjoying over Make in India F-16s delivered or not to many countries will not be happy with this situation. India and other possible contenders should have accepted the offer before Trump making it to D.C.

@Khafee @gambit @Abingdonboy @randomradio
Well this is what I have been saying for a while; there was NO WAY the US was going to comply with the Make in India requirement for the fighters, Lockhead Martin (and Boeing) were making entirely false offers that did not have any clearance from their government. There is no way the F-16 will be ordered by India if this isn't an option (which it isn't).

Thus the LCA will now get the full 300+ unit single engine fighter order and this F-16/Gripen farce will be put to bed once and for all.

This news made my day!

Don't know if India was ever serious about the deal, in the first place. I always thought they had their eye on the Gripen.
There will be no foriegn single engine jet ordered, the IAF have rejected both before. This is just a pressure tactic by Parrikar to ensure HAL perform vis a vis the LCA's production.

Well, it seems Gripen will join Tejas as IAF's future low tier bird.
Not a chance.

well honey, that gets a bit nitty now.

1st. You've not told me to to do my homework first or any time, you told it to cloud4000. So please sweetheart, get your head clear who you are talking what to...
2nd. I don't care howlong you where in a forum, sitting in a bar or waiting for the bus to come. Time is not giving you any credibility or any politeness by the way... The things you state give it.
3rd. a forum is a public discussion. If you like to have private discussion, well answer the people in private. At least, that is something that you should have learned in your long lasting forum experience.
4th. If I don't have a clue what I am talking about, well why you get so much upset, by me. It was up to you to handle my argument, but you failed on that.
5th in your childish reply, you quoted me, saying that the market for the 16 is dying... Again you mess up what I say and other say... please find a post where i wrote that the market for the 16 is dying? you wont find any. I said it is narrowing... that is pretty much a difference.
6th by ignoring my other arguments and starting that nitty pissy discussion, you qualified yourself for my ignore list.

Farewell honey...

Ok sweety , you have no arguments because you have no clue what you are talking about, you are a waste of time take care sweet lolly pop and don't write too much next time in-fact don't write at all do us all that favor muffin lol.

There will be no foriegn single engine jet ordered, the IAF have rejected both before. This is just a pressure tactic by Parrikar to ensure HAL perform vis a vis the LCA's production.

Not a chance.

No, it's not. IAF has rejected nothing, open to it. Matter a fact, it's more into filling up it's requirement quicker than supporting Tejas program. MoD dont need to go through all this, just to put pressure on HAL.

No, it's not. IAF has rejected nothing, open to it. Matter a fact, it's more into filling up it's requirement quicker than supporting Tejas program. MoD dont need to go through all this, just to put pressure on HAL.
1) Both Gripen and F-16 were rejected by the IAF on technical grounds
2) The IAF has never publically stated they need a seconf SE LWF fighter, they are all about performance machines (ie the heavies)
3) LCA is now in service and production is being ramped up with IAF and IN support, recently HAL got CCS clearance to create the second production line so by 2020 there will be a capacity to churn out >20 LCA/year, more than enough for the IAF. It wouldn't be before 2022/3 that a foreign production/assembly line could be set up in India, by that time >100 LCA will be in service.
4) The LCA MK.1A will be a huge leap over the current MK.1 and the MK.2 will match (if not beat) the Gripen-NG by pretty much any metric.

if speed of induction is the issue, a foreign fighter isn't going to provide a solution.

1) Both Gripen and F-16 were rejected by the IAF on technical grounds
2) The IAF has never publically stated they need a seconf SE LWF fighter, they are all about performance machines (ie the heavies)
3) LCA is now in service and production is being ramped up with IAF and IN support, recently HAL got CCS clearance to create the second production line so by 2020 there will be a capacity to churn out >20 LCA/year, more than enough for the IAF. It wouldn't be before 2022/3 that a foreign production/assembly line could be set up in India, by that time >100 LCA will be in service.
4) The LCA MK.1A will be a huge leap over the current MK.1 and the MK.2 will match (if not beat) the Gripen-NG by pretty much any metric.

if speed of induction is the issue, a foreign fighter isn't going to provide a solution.

Buddy, you keep brushing this under the carpet like IAF isnt entertaining this, it is!

Air Chief: The future requirement of fighter aircraft projected by the IAF is to ensure that we maintain an optimum ratio of Light, Medium and Heavy class of combat aircraft. There is also a requirement to maintain an optimum mix of Single and Twin engine aircraft. Based on the inputs given by IAF, Government is preparing a roadmap for induction of fighter aircraft in the IAF. All future inductions in IAF will be in accordance with this roadmap. SAAB, Lockheed Martin and Boeing have expressed their interest in setting up manufacturing facilities for Fighter aircraft under ‘Make in India’ initiative. Government is finalising the policy for selection of Strategic Partner. Suitable fighter aircraft to be manufactured in India through Make in India will be selected thereafter.

http://bharatshakti.in/iaf-has-a-two-pronged-plan-for-force-accretion-reveals-air-chief/

Air Chiefs bef

Buddy, you keep brushing this under the carpet like IAF isnt entertaining this, it is!

Air Chief: The future requirement of fighter aircraft projected by the IAF is to ensure that we maintain an optimum ratio of Light, Medium and Heavy class of combat aircraft. There is also a requirement to maintain an optimum mix of Single and Twin engine aircraft. Based on the inputs given by IAF, Government is preparing a roadmap for induction of fighter aircraft in the IAF. All future inductions in IAF will be in accordance with this roadmap. SAAB, Lockheed Martin and Boeing have expressed their interest in setting up manufacturing facilities for Fighter aircraft under ‘Make in India’ initiative. Government is finalising the policy for selection of Strategic Partner. Suitable fighter aircraft to be manufactured in India through Make in India will be selected thereafter.

http://bharatshakti.in/iaf-has-a-two-pronged-plan-for-force-accretion-reveals-air-chief/

Air Chiefs bef
Don't see where it says the IAF is interested in fighters it has already rejected (F-16/Gripen). The part about SPs and made in india fighter jets clearly refers to the Rafale.

Don't see where it says the IAF is interested in fighters it has already rejected (F-16/Gripen). The part about SPs and made in india fighter jets clearly refers to the Rafale.

No it doesnt clearly mean anything for Rafale. The tone doesnt dismiss the other contenders either. They rejected in the older tender, they have a fresh RFI they floated this fall.

Ok sweety , you have no arguments because you have no clue what you are talking about, you are a waste of time take care sweet lolly pop and don't write too much next time in-fact don't write at all do us all that favor muffin lol.

you'll find my arguments in post #26. but please go on fooling yourself.

There was a reason that certain countries were silence over any possibility of future assembly line in foreign country. LM has to keep up not just its quality and customer's trust but indeed the Trump's administration believe in "America First" However, people tensed and been enjoying over Make in India F-16s delivered or not to many countries will not be happy with this situation. India and other possible contenders should have accepted the offer before Trump making it to D.C.

@Khafee @gambit @Abingdonboy @randomradio
But last week Lockheed's head of F-16 business development, Randall Howard said in Bangaluru that " Talks are being held between the American and Indian governments on its proposal to manufacture F-16 fighter jets in India."

Back
Top Bottom