What's new

IDEX 2017: Future F-16 Fighter Jets To be Made in USA

Reportedly, Block-70 for Bahrain in discussion along-with upgrade of UAE and Egypt fleet. Iraq deliveries will be completed this year.

LM estimates they can get a 100 new orders, but that's a bit unrealistic.

As I had said before the F-16 line will never go to india period ... specially with Trumps made in America policy.

It's meaningless because the market for F-16s is drying up fast. The USAF is focused on the F-35 and have no intention of buying any more new F-16s. So are a lot of other F-16 operators, including NATO allies and Israel.

I don't know what this means for a proposed F-16 production line in India. I think Trump and LM is shooting themselves in the foot by insisting the aircraft be built in US. Even if many of the manufacturing is done in India, it will source some components from US manufacturers, who will lose out.

Or it's nonsense on LM's part to please Trump Administration knowing full well the F-16 production line is coming to a close regardless of Trump does or does not do.

It's meaningless because the market for F-16s is drying up fast. The USAF is focused on the F-35 and have no intention of buying any more new F-16s. So are a lot of other F-16 operators, including NATO allies and Israel.

I don't know what this means for a proposed F-16 production line in India. I think Trump and LM is shooting themselves in the foot by insisting the aircraft be built in US. Even if many of the manufacturing is done in India, it will source some components from US manufacturers, who will lose out.

Or it's nonsense on LM's part to please Trump Administration knowing full well the F-16 production line is coming to a close regardless of Trump does or does not do.

Not dying as you fast you think ... just because they are not going to open shop in india doesn't mean jack. There is still a lot of business to be made from this aircraft go and do some homework and you shall see.

Not dying as you fast you think ... just because they are not going to open shop in india doesn't mean jack. There is still a lot of business to be made from this aircraft go and do some homework and you shall see.

I was talking about manufacturing of new aircraft. According to this article, the production will be going cold by end of 2017:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...-running-f-16-line-in-fort-worth-goin-423293/

Has there been any new orders since then?

If you are talking about other things, including parts supply, logistics, technical support, and upgrading existing aircraft, then, yes, there is business to be had here.

If you are talking about other things, including parts supply, logistics, technical support, and upgrading existing aircraft, then, yes, there is business to be had here.

No, even this business is gone. LM can't sell F-16 support from India.

If LM goes through with this, it's already lost the IAF deal.

Nice one, that means there is more fish in the sea for concurrent jet producers like saab, eads and so on. And at least, that süper düper democratic turkey is loosing jobs in defence industry. Two stupid presidends make it work. Hail Trump, Hail Erdogan... great world.

No, even this business is gone. LM can't sell F-16 support from India.

If LM goes through with this, it's already lost the IAF deal.

Don't know if India was ever serious about the deal, in the first place. I always thought they had their eye on the Gripen.

So please make your homework to.

1. Production in US means, the unit costs are up. The outsourced production via licence model was a good price deal. At least in belgium and netherlands the productioncosts where lower.

2. the market for the 16 is drying anyway, because many jobs of the mission profile can be done by drones, that are getting much more affordable within the next years. That is a problem all early 4th generation fighters concepts face. stealthy and more computerized jets are available on the marked.

3. concurrent 4th generation products where offered more offensive, like the SU-27 etc.

The market for the 16 is narrowing down. At least, many second hand models of the 16 are rushing in as well.

So please make your homework to.

1. Production in US means, the unit costs are up. The outsourced production via licence model was a good price deal. At least in belgium and netherlands the productioncosts where lower.

2. the market for the 16 is drying anyway, because many jobs of the mission profile can be done by drones, that are getting much more affordable within the next years. That is a problem all early 4th generation fighters concepts face. stealthy and more computerized jets are available on the marked.

3. concurrent 4th generation products where offered more offensive, like the SU-27 etc.

The market for the 16 is narrowing down. At least, many second hand models of the 16 are rushing in as well.

Its todays news genius all f-16's will be build in the US the market is not dead yet , and don't talk to me if I wasn't talking to you.

I was talking about manufacturing of new aircraft. According to this article, the production will be going cold by end of 2017:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...-running-f-16-line-in-fort-worth-goin-423293/

Has there been any new orders since then?

Its todays news here in the US all f-16's will be built in the US , so much for a dying market eh go read up and find it.

Bye F-16, there goes F-16 chance of flying in IAF colours
You guys could have got F-16 Block 70 made in India but Trump Policy America First!

This is very good news. It means F-16 has no chance in India now. The outgoing air chief also rooted for Gripen to win.

They have orders only until the end of 2017. They need more orders to keep the line open.
Does Gripen have better radar than F-16 Block 70? Better Radar Cross Section ?

Reportedly, Block-70 for Bahrain in discussion along-with upgrade of UAE and Egypt fleet. Iraq deliveries will be completed this year.
This upgrade will make their UAE Air force even better... How do you rate their air force against ours?

As I had said before the F-16 line will never go to india period ... specially with Trumps made in America policy.
This is good news for us, otherwise we'd be fighting our own planes albeit much better and upgraded ones in a potential conflict, phew !!

This upgrade will make their UAE Air force even better... How do you rate their air force against ours?

Speaking of Birds, UAE is operating advance machines like F-16s Block-60 and Mirage-2000-9s, without any doubt.

Does Gripen have better radar than F-16 Block 70? Better Radar Cross Section ?

Yes to both. In fact, Gripen's radar is better than what's on the F-35. It's competitive with the upcoming F-22 MLU radar, although it will be less capable due to its size. The F-16's radar is nowhere near.

As for RCS, Gripen is very competitive. It was able to sneak up on Typhoons without being detected, similar to what 5th gen jets can do.

Back
Top Bottom