What's new

IDEAS 2018: PAKISTAN NAVY IS NEGOTIATING FOR ANKA-S UAV

DV_rMdyXkAAtn-9.jpg

Masha Allah

chinese systems come with chinese beidu settalite navigation. chinese systems have the upper hand and fall on merit. however pakistan navy might have a use for it . we trust our armed forces they will do what's right.

Turkish UAVs may not be using Turkish Navigation satellites as Turkey has not yet advanced far enough into space launch and satellite systems. But, I'd argue that Turkish UAVs which utilise inertial navigation, Satellite-based Augmentation System, Global Navigation Satellite System (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo or BeiDou) and with inclusion Synthetic Aperture Radars (reading terrain data) a UAV getting lost is difficult feat to achieve.

Anyway, Turkish UAVs have proven themselves in Northern Iraq and Syria against all threats, electronic or otherwise.

With the Indigenous PD170 engine tests continuing, there isn't much holding Turkey back. The only issue now is being able to churn out all optronic, electronic and mechanical systems fast enough.

This is the Last Vatan syndrome!!! If you lose one third of your male population, and get constrained to less than 5% of your previous lands, and yet remain subjected to all sorts of attacks and false accusations 24/7 to even take that away (with daily offering of Shehits), would you really be not emotionally bonded to your country’s matters ??? For the Turkish folks, Homeland, Nation, Language, Faith, Flag etc. have all become like one-for-all and all-for-one vis-a-vis Turkey...

As for the defense equipment, Turkey has been on the receiving end of nasty surprises ever since!!! These defense products aren’t just materialistic staffs, they have also spiritual dimensions!!! Yes, at the end of the day they are engineering products, and which product doesn’t have their fare share of failures at every stage of development, qualification, field deployment etc.!! It’s an on-going effort to incrementally increase functionalities, reliability, quality etc. So, all parties need patience!!! All the shortcomings are being taken care of bit by bit. Anyway, indegenous products have no alternatives...

Turkish folks are now curious and hungry for successes...

Hi,

Thank you for explaining it---. That makes things clearer---and I can understand the attachment of the turks with their weapons and their nationalism---.

Before the current crisis that has happened in Syria and Turkish involvement---I had made a statement calling for a similar problem and was slapped by a Turkish moderator---.

It showed me that the young turks are not a mature nation---their thinking is very superficial---they have a very hard time identifying who they are---where they stand---and what they want---to what they can get---.

I can look at the loss that the turks have suffered over a 100 years---and as much I say that I understand it---I don't---. I also understand that it is very difficult for the Turks to forget that treachery and deceit---.

I also understand that the Turks have been rejected by the west---and possibly they have had the time to think is to look back at their roots and to look behind at the the nations who are happy to join them---people who may not look white but recite the same Kalimah as they do---and worship the same God as they do---.

I have prayed that the turks have realized that they will be a NOBODY in the west---but if they chose to look back to the east---they could be the leader of the pack if they played their cards right---.

So---I request the turk members here---please do not take the comments as personal---don't take the insults as personal---don't take any negative comments as personal---.

Just look at it this way---how many pakistani posters are happy to see you participate here---how many pakistanis are excited of turkey and pakistani alliances in weapons purchase---.

So---my request is---if you feel that you have been insulted---don't take it personal---stay calm and answer in a calm manner---just learn to understand and ask the question---why is the poster saying what he is saying---. Once you do that---things will go easy here---.

Clever and sarcastic posts don't get us nowhere---. Thank you.

Navy is better to order new ships , order more instead of UAV let airforce handle that segment
If ships were equipped with SAM , we would not need any UAV the helicopters on board would be sufficient for anti submarine patrol

Navy is better to order new ships , order more instead of UAV let airforce handle that segment
If ships were equipped with SAM , we would not need any UAV the helicopters on board would be sufficient for anti submarine patrol

Hi,

Actually---the navy does need its uav's---and it needs to operate them independently---just like it needs strike aircraft for naval and over the ocean missions---.

The navy must have its air fleet independent of the air force---because in the past the air force has been 'treasonous' to the needs of pak navy---.

Once the surveillance aircraft are taken out---the uav's would be the most important eye in the sky for the naval vessels---.

They are equally important for the submarines as well---where the subs don't want to surface and the mini uav can fly out of a launch tube---like a little bird flying---.

Personally, I'd skip Anka-S and look into Akinci UCAV. Akinci UCAV will have dual engines and AESA based SAR radar.

Perfect for Naval Aviation.
8ymagzwg.jpg

DuTSytxW0AAazxR.jpg:large

there any plans for akinci drones

Is anka drone more power full than tb 2 drones

Back
Top Bottom