What's new

IDEAS 2012 Pakistan International Defence (Nov 7-11)

Nothing being proud of looks like a toy exhibition rather than a defence exhibition. I went to a replica model shop with my ten years old son they had better stuff than that. I have feelings that when time comes might of the Pakistan army and weaponry gonna turn out to be a fizzle. As we have seen Pakistan armed forces performance when the attack on the bases happened . Pakistan is country where modeocresy not only tolerated but celebrated. My cousin works for one of the security forces. His col sent him to the city for his mobile phone repair for which he had to abandon his post.

No doubt it was down scaled exhibhition. Unlike previous exhibhitions, none of the strategic weapons were showcased, which was a good call. Having said that the real benefit of these exhibhitions is not only in what is shown but also the seminars on the side as well as the delegates. On both these counts the exhibhition wa quiet a success. So these events are about the soft benefits as much as harware. Also how do we know you are not an Indian or someone like them (like so many on this forum) spreading disinformation. As for the fizzle part, recent history shows the one who are fizzling out despite all the hot air are the Indians i.e. Brass Tacks, Parakram, Kargil, Mumbai etc. etc.

I was there... may be u asked me for strap..
u should give me reference of PDF yaar ...

So you were there at the stall of IDEAS 2012 giving out hand bags.
There was a good looking girl in white shirt & black trousers on Saturday morning around 10:45 am, I asked her about Chinese Defence hall cus i was lost there and buddys were waiting for me in that hall. Although she was helping me out but a guy at the stall came and took his share for helping me out and cleared my way to get away from her soon as possible. :P
I hope that wasn't you. :lol:

dscn6129p.jpg

what is this ???

No doubt it was down scaled exhibhition. Unlike previous exhibhitions, none of the strategic weapons were showcased, which was a good call. Having said that the real benefit of these exhibhitions is not only in what is shown but also the seminars on the side as well as the delegates. On both these counts the exhibhition wa quiet a success. So these events are about the soft benefits as much as harware. Also how do we know you are not an Indian or someone like them (like so many on this forum) spreading disinformation. As for the fizzle part, recent history shows the one who are fizzling out despite all the hot air are the Indians i.e. Brass Tacks, Parakram, Kargil, Mumbai etc. etc.

Seriously man, i found nothing special on Pakistani stalls except of GIDS, they totally stunned me. Except GIDS, every thing was crap old stuff.

this year ideas was total BS
not even half of pakistani firm participated

no Babur
no raad
old al khalid
no burraq mrap
not even the older apCs

as xyon said.ideas will slowly Die unless and until those retired army officer are removed.they know nothing about selling off there weapon

In my view considering the law & order situation of Karachi, the Defense Expo should have been planned at Islamabad. I mean at very first day of exhibition a bomb blast at rangers head quarters in Karachi. Rest of days were also very bad. Also considering the overall political & economic condition of Pakistan, this was expected outcome.

And one more thing, the previous IDEAS all were very successful. At that time our economy was also growing at +7%.
Yaar dost compare karte hain Musharraf era with Zardari's era....:undecided:

Nothing being proud of looks like a toy exhibition rather than a defence exhibition. I went to a replica model shop with my ten years old son they had better stuff than that. I have feelings that when time comes might of the Pakistan army and weaponry gonna turn out to be a fizzle. As we have seen Pakistan armed forces performance when the attack on the bases happened . Pakistan is country where modeocresy not only tolerated but celebrated. My cousin works for one of the security forces. His col sent him to the city for his mobile phone repair for which he had to abandon his post.

these arnt pakistani weapons as model toys, and china/turkey just can bring their entire frigades and navy ships and dock at the expo centre :lol:

no Babur
no raad
old al khalid
no burraq mrap
not even the older apCs

as xyon said.ideas will slowly Die unless and until those retired army officer are removed.they know nothing about selling off there weapon

i agree, it was musharraf's idea and after musharraf we dont have exactly seen real developments in any of our military fields, no ToT, no real deal simple as that

In my view considering the law & order situation of Karachi, the Defense Expo should have been planned at Islamabad. I mean at very first day of exhibition a bomb blast at rangers head quarters in Karachi. Rest of days were also very bad. Also considering the overall political & economic condition of Pakistan, this was expected outcome.

And one more thing, the previous IDEAS all were very successful. At that time our economy was also growing at +7%.
Yaar dost compare karte hain Musharraf era with Zardari's era....:undecided:

thek hai, i will be more than happy if these freakin army barracks in karachi also go to islamabad

no Babur
no raad
old al khalid
no burraq mrap
not even the older apCs

And no fire-power demonstration and no tank maneuver.

Pakistan offering high-tech equipment for sale: minister

Equipement-480x238.jpg

KARACHI - “Pakistan is offering some high-tech air and ground equipments for sale and it shows that we have achieved self sufficiency in many fields. Pakistan is a peace-loving country and desires to live in harmony with all.” Sardar Bahadur Khan Sihar, Federal Minister for Defence Production, stated this while addressing the closing ceremony of IDEAS 2012 here at Expo center Karachi.
Major General Tahir Ashraf Khan HI(M) DG DEPO, Commodore Siddiq Akbar, Director (Media) of Defence Export Promotion Organization (DEPO), Ministry of Defence Production and Brig. Mazhar, Director Coordination, DEPO were also present on the occasion.
He added that the aim of the IDEAS 2012 was to showcase our products, demonstrate our organization skills to plan and conduct a mega event of international stature and provide a great international platform to convey our view points on security issues concerning Pakistan. Moreover, to provide a unique opportunity for our defence related industry, both in public and private sector, to display their products and interact directly with the defence industry of the developed world and creating a good opportunity to reinforce the diplomatic efforts in the domain of defence diplomacy.
He said we feel that by holding DEAS 2012 successfully under the prevalent environment by an attempt to build the image of Pakistan as a modern, progressive and tolerant state that is willing to co-exist peacefully with the international community, we have achieve our aim. While giving answer to a question he said we have achieved all targets of holding the IDEAS 2012. Around 82 foreign defence delegations and participation of 56 countries shows the significance and success of the exhibition.
Meanwhile, Major General Tahir Ashraf Khan also briefed the media he added that Pakistan had been in defence production since very long.
Our some of the major indigenously developed products were showcased in IDEAS-2012 including Main Battle Tank Al–Khalid, JF–17 Thunder Fighter Aircraft, Jet Trainer Aircraft and UAVs etc.
We received very good response for IDEAS 2012 from Turkey, China, North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Far East.
He added that the impact of the event will be large, it is an ongoing process and major deals take time to be cemented. Chinese company and HIT has signed MoU in this regard. Pakistan is producing high quality defence products which are low in price tag but are equal in terms of quality. Pakistan has great potential to export it defence products. He said all delegates would undo the wrong image of Pakistan and show positive image as more secure, peaceful region to hold such a mega event.
He highlighted that foreign delegates did not face any difficulty during their stay and a good message will be conveyed by them that it is wrong there are armed men, terrorists on the streets of Karachi. A new message would be delivered by these delegates in the world that Pakistan respects sovereignties of the countries and a peaceful country, which is our great achievement.

What difference does it make who am i? , I have only mentioned facts i am sure deep down most pakistani agree , Pakistan is a country where mediocresy not only tolerated but celebrated and that fact is reflected in every faced of life including armed forces of Pakistan , we have seen demonstration of that performance in the recent attack on the bases of Pakistan. The manner and the professional ism in which the attack was handled was disgraceful and not good enough. considering Pakistan army claims to be the one of best. If that incident would have happened in one western countries u Imagine how many people would have resigned. big brass in particular? Now u tell me how many Gen were held responsible ? I tell u how many the No is big Zero. Welcome to big celebration of mediocresy. I rest my case.

A Channel was reporting that Al Khalid 1 is still in testing phase and soon will be inducted in Army and also show in next defense exhibition

Back
Top Bottom