What's new

Idea: To counter US Taiwan policy, China should formally admit Texas is an independent country

You know why Hongkong and Taiwan have separatism? One of the reasons is because the income gap with China mainland once was too big.
No, you have misunderstood HK and Taiwan. They want to be separate because they want to be free. They don't have to use VPN to access content outside PRC. Their billionaires don't get disappeared for not kissing CCP butts.

Does this:
happen in HK or Taiwan?

This idea will make one state super rich and drive money and jobs out of other states
Is there a historical tie between the US and Taiwan? Yes, going all the way back from WW II when the US was defending China then supporting the KMT. Whatever you think of the KMT is irrelevant to that relationship. Are there anything similar between China and Texas? No. All the Texans will do is laugh and take whatever advantages they can get while remaining with the US. In sum, yours is a stupid idea. :rolleyes:

This is stupider than when MTG said "Red State should Divorce the Blue States"

and OP just reach @Superboy level....

I don't know. Sometimes he can make a fair and compelling argument. But other times he make outright dumb arguments like Chinese sucks at football because China is such a fair and just society without millions of people living in slums:

Nah. I think Chinese sucks at football because China has a fair and universal compulsory education system.

On the contary. It shows China is a fair and progressing society. If China has millions of people living in slums, it would have a much better football team.

By the way, Japan made progress in football after it adopted "happy education" mode.

And now some big brain 5D chess move "We can make Texas rich by giving tariff preference policy and incite separatism. Lol.

I'm like 60% sure you're trolling, so I'm gonna leave it alone now.
I think you are the one trolling becos you lost the argument before well known facts, then accussing other. Whatever keeps you happy.

Last edited:
Texas will breakoff once the federation becomes unprofitable.

20 years ago, no one anticipate Scottish independence will grow until it reach todays' level.

Northern Ireland and Wales is also itching to go own ways.

Texas will breakoff once the federation becomes unprofitable.

20 years ago, no one anticipate Scottish independence will grow until it reach todays' level.

Northern Ireland and Wales is also itching to go own ways.
The case of Scotland is somewhat complicated. They think they may benefit more by being in EU. So, their 'independence' is to actually join a larger federation. Brexit was a stupid decision and now they all want to escape that jail by whatever means.

The case of Scotland is somewhat complicated. They think they may benefit more by being in EU. So, their 'independence' is to actually join a larger federation. Brexit was a stupid decision and now they all want to escape that jail by whatever means.

I look at UK economic data, just a piece of sht.

And why not 5 million Scotland quit, and with North Sea Oil, they can be close to Norway standards.

Now oil monies subsidize England.

Bottom line is, it is no longer profitable to stay in the union. Not many people can think of such scenario 20 years ago.

I bet soon it could happen to Texas.

I bet soon it could happen to Texas.
There is no comparison between U.K./Scotland and Texas. Scotland has a distinct culture and identity. Everybody in Texas is just an American from somewhere else in U.S. (or outside). I can go there tomorrow and become Texan. I was a Californian for 15 years and then became an Oregonian. No change besides getting new plates for cars. My son is a Washingtonian now. I was a Washingtonian before I became a Californian. My wife is a Pennsylvanian. We really have no loyalty at all to the state we are in. It is just a street address.

What an idiotic idea. The two situations are not even remotely comparable. I hope this was meant as a joke.

And now some big brain 5D chess move "We can make Texas rich by giving tariff preference policy and incite separatism. Lol.

What an idiotic idea. The two situations are not even remotely comparable. I hope this was meant as a joke.
Do you know why US singled out Xinjing from all China's provinces? Do you think US politicians didn't know US sanctions to Xinjiang will not separate Xinjiang from China? Yes. They knew. But they also knew this policy will bring troubles to China. Samely it will work for US

Most important part is, it will cost China zero money. Just issuing a law is enough.

I haven't mentioned bribe and funding rebels part. US didn't have these problems so far because no other country did the dirty works, which Americans are good at, to itself. Of course all measures should be made after Taiwan issue explodes.

Last edited:
Chinese economy doesn't have enough gravity pull over any US west coast state, not even close.

Justice and Equity

So it's a great idea.

In fact just look at the reaction.

The Ukrainian Gambit (2008-: sacrificing Ukraine to destabilize Russia) has been one of the summits of cruelty.

But

The Taiwanese Gambit (sacrificing Taiwan to isolate China) will be the summit of foolishness.

This is my idea. Since US is using Taiwan as a weapon to attack China. China should take revenge measures. For example, admitting Texas is an independent country. No matter how Texas responses, China will unilaterally offer Texas tariff preference policies and other policies that can help its economy and political identity. For example, if a product that contains >80% made in Texas parts, it can enjoy relatively low tariff. Meantime China should raise tariff for rest US states further more. China is a huge market. There must be some consequences if this idea is implemented for several years.

41NfXWmSuUL._AC_SX450_.jpg

Please do! So even the Texans can laugh at you.

Back
Top Bottom