What's new

Idea no.4: Business, supply chain, management and finance

IDEA:
Advanced Location-centric Business Directory

We build a service where only proven tax-payers can register and provided services, products and leads to consumers and other businesses. The service will otherwise be free of any charges and devoid of advertisements. Operational costs should ideally be funded by government agencies. Any additional costs can be requested via donations. The idea is to provide incentives to businesses to pay their taxes, and encourage other private ventures to provide services based on a framework agreement with government IT agencies.

GOALS:
1. Provide consumers with a view of businesses and products available in their vicinity.
2. Provide B2B services for better awareness of available local markets.
3. Assist government in increasing tax-collection base.
4. Prepare a foundation for government-private relationship for improved governance. Private sector efficiency backed by government funds.

PREMISE:
Build a suite of apps (web, android, ios) for businesses and consumers where they list their business details and products / services.
Allow consumers to see business, services and products in their area.
Allow businesses to post and read leads.
Only allow proven tax-paying businesses to be listed.

CHALLENGES:
1. By far, the greatest challenge will be to procure enough interested business listings to gain traction and make the platform attractive to other businesses - attractive enough to incentivize them to pay their taxes.
2. Getting government IT agencies on board.

ROLES:
1. Building the platform - I can do that, end-to-end.
2. Marketing to businesses.
3. Liaison with government agencies.
4. Other operational roles.

This was just an idea I had while trying to sleep last night. Please convey your thoughts and criticisms openly.

This thread will deal with ways to open a business and dealing with financial stuff.
Since we have many business owners on PDF please tell us your problems and any solutions you have thought of or used to counter these problems.

@Arsalan when you have time can you contribute here?

Educate our youth to use Youtube Channel and earn from it.

Our 50% or let say 30% youth spends more than 1 hours/day in games or internet activity. Ask them/educate by joining program in universities/colleges to join youtube program teach them how to make unique videos on a subject. One manage to make let's say 100-200 videos gaming video they will easily be getting $100/month.

I am just calculating let say we manage to educate 100,000 new youtuber from Pakistan who earn at average $100 per month. Seems hard but not impossible and once they getting money from it they will be making their whole lives once they understand the system.

How much $100 x100,000 = $10000000 per month base on just rough assumption.

Those who want to laugh can laugh but trust me in west people made houses luxury lives just posting kids videos, ABC videos teaching etc.

And good thing is you don't need paypal to earn. Just Western Union will do the job.

- 2nd why making hard for people who want to bring $ in pakistan. I know a guy who run birds business and he export birds to egypt. Now a guy from egypt send him money $x,xxx for those birds but bank wouldn't allow local guy to withdraw the money and ask to become filer. If he becomes filer business its not profitable.

My question is shouldn't we allow $ in Pakistan without question because we need $ in the country. Why pushing people who bringing $ within Pakistan. They are already helping in a way by bringing dollars in the country. Now that guy is trying different tricks to bring $ in his pocket and don't want to become filer and doesn't want to enjoy advantages of being filler.

Last edited:
This thread will deal with ways to open a business and dealing with financial stuff.
Since we have many business owners on PDF please tell us your problems and any solutions you have thought of or used to counter these problems.

@Arsalan when you have time can you contribute here?
Will be glad to help and try to answer any questions. I was away for a few weeks, hoping to get back to routine this week. :)

My question is shouldn't we allow $ in Pakistan without question because we need $ in the country. Why pushing people who bringing $ within Pakistan. They are already helping in a way by bringing dollars in the country. Now that guy is trying different tricks to bring $ in his pocket and don't want to become filer and doesn't want to enjoy advantages of being filler.
While I agree that we need to ease the process of receiving foreign funds, but asking him to become a tax filer is reasonable. If he is living in Pakistan, he is enjoying the advantages of being a filer. He uses roads, water, electric and sanitization infrastructure, public hospitals, public schools, our military --- all of these and more that he unknowingly uses everyday are built upon tax money.

While I agree that we need to ease the process of receiving foreign funds, but asking him to become a tax filer is reasonable. If he is living in Pakistan, he is enjoying the advantages of being a filer. He uses roads, water, electric and sanitization infrastructure, public hospitals, public schools, our military --- all of these and more that he unknowingly uses everyday are built upon tax money.

By not becoming filer, you cant brought property or car etc it should be his.choice forcing guys who export service or good and they bring dollars in country rather than saving it somewhere else is one way to help country thats why people saying ask forigergn to send remittamce using banking channel.

Plus if someone export service or good and then if he become filer he will be in loss. Example: bring money to pakistan there will be a fee. Then $ change to pkr which is itself a loss and then pay tax.

By not becoming filer, you cant brought property or car etc it should be his.choice forcing guys who export service or good and they bring dollars in country rather than saving it somewhere else is one way to help country thats why people saying ask forigergn to send remittamce using banking channel.

Plus if someone export service or good and then if he become filer he will be in loss. Example: bring money to pakistan there will be a fee. Then $ change to pkr which is itself a loss and then pay tax.
You're essentially just saying that you can't make a profit when you pay taxes. Then you need to find another line of work. In any saner country, you'd be a criminal for avoiding tax. The lame mental gymnastics are not helping either.

You're essentially just saying that you can't make a profit when you pay taxes. Then you need to find another line of work. In any saner country, you'd be a criminal for avoiding tax. The lame mental gymnastics are not helping either.
cant say about other country or best would be they just cut the tax regardless of who are register or not this way $ will keep coming rather than kept on hold.

cant say about other country or best would be they just cut the tax regardless of who are register or not this way $ will keep coming rather than kept on hold.
Cut the tax under who's account? If you are not registered to file taxes, there is no paper trail to auto-cut your tax. I still don't understand your aversion to filing taxes.

Imagine an arms manufacturer by the name of Darra Weapons imagine the amount of money that can be made from foreign markets
Darra is already a very well known word around the world it is a brand a pretty made brand just waiting for someone to capitalize on it.
And on the note DIR knives can also become a brand of its own in terms of an exotic item and dare I say a competitor to swiss army knife .

There is local pistol production, and Daudson produce a decent 9mm. Trushot it's called.

Local manufacturers need to up their game. Slides and frame are decent but the barrel and magazines are the main issues.

I've been inside these factories and once they overcome the mags and barrel issues their sales will exceed of the imported. They've come a long way but need to do more.

I love guns :smitten:

Metal quality too sir it will reduce the weight,increase the life and durability and bonus better finishing.Did u check POF weapons too to be very honest not to the par of even TUrkish and UAE in finishing
There is local pistol production, and Daudson produce a decent 9mm. Trushot it's called.

Local manufacturers need to up their game. Slides and frame are decent but the barrel and magazines are the main issues.

I've been inside these factories and once they overcome the mags and barrel issues their sales will exceed of the imported. They've come a long way but need to do more.

I love guns :smitten:

Metal quality too sir it will reduce the weight,increase the life and durability and bonus better finishing.Did u check POF weapons too to be very honest not to the par of even TUrkish and UAE in finishing

Sir the frames are CNC machined Aluminium and slide steel. Those are reliable for 9mm, didn't come across any of those going bad. Blown barrel due to bad bullets will cause even high end pistol slides to crack. These two local made parts are quite reliable now.

Local made bullets are just dangerous and stupid to use. Those bullets in local made barrels are a major accident waiting to happen.

Local manufacturers do not have access to proper cal specific gun powder. Only POF has the good stuff and select few can get hold only.

POF's own 9mm pistol is ok, nothing to talk about really. Their Sarsilmaz imported range is decent, especially the ones based on CZ platform.

POF Sarsilmaz (CZ based, all metal) and Norinco 9mm are what I'd go for. Daudson Trushot is a torture tested pistol and a good choice for home defence/travel. None of them make good conceal carry though.

My CC are 9mm Makarov 8 shot and .22lr (10 shot). Small, light, fixed barrel, low recoil and very accurate for close range. Makarov is one heck of a rugged pistol.

Finishing the locals get very good results now. Daudson's one off .45 1911 colt replica had a mirror finish blueing, alas they refused to make more. Their shotguns are high quality.

I want POF MP5 9mm though but in full auto with threaded barrel :D ... But it's a dream unlikely to come true in Pakistan :(

But the POF .308 Sporter is definitely on the to buy list when the time comes.

Actually how to start a business ANY business!

I am interested in selling (not for money literally) my ideas to develop the tourism dept! Not sure who to approach or how!
try canadian model .
https://www.bdc.ca/en/articles-tool...-attract-international-tourists-business.aspx

You know, this is my childhood dream.. firstly, I love milk butter and cheese... and secondly, pure milk, butter, cheese demand is HUGEEEEEE in Pakistan..
market your product with your own personal business chain, don't involve any party to launch your product. outcome will be very slow , but extremely stable. in pakistan if they see a product is turning into success story then underworld start imitating with generic low graded product. it is tough but only solution for quality control and get customer loyalty. with a line, we have no agents .

I had an idea a while back about business hubs being setup across the country to help SME's improve their businesses and to try and help them trade online and try and export goods and products. Essentially these would be companies with expertise I shared the idea on the forum. At the time i felt it could be a privately run fee charging service (or profit share model with businesses). I also thought ideally the chamber of commerce ought to be running these sorts of initiatives.

I've had a few extra thoughts;

1. If it was run as a private enterprise, it could also function as a community investment fund. People in the community could invest their money with these companies who could then invest them in companies (now able to offer both reform, cash investment and expansion opportunities) and then once they get a return in profits, share with the investors.

2. Pakistan has like 200 universities? How many of them have business schools? Maybe these business schools could run business incubators. The unversities have access to professors of business, computing, finance - to graduates and under graduates. They could hire a few people to work full time in these departments and then flesh out a lot of the staff with internships and undergraduate work experience opportunities. The university I studied at in the UK does exactly that for it's graduates. if they want to start a business it's got an incubator to help get these businesses up and running. These incubators could help start new businesses as well as improve existing ones local to them.

08- Industrial.jpg

''a goal without plan is a dream but a dream with plan is a destiny'' .

Lets take a baby step towards a long journey to make Pakistan a workshop of Asia.:pakistan:

Right now Pakistan is suffering from financial crises due to sharp decline of exports. It is happening because of more imports, that kill industry and manufacturing sector. Contribution of industrial sector in GDP is 17% and are paying more taxes than all other sectors. Our industry can grow if the state set attractive policies for local investors. Small traders and businessmen have money but they don’t have as much money to build small and medium industries. Amount of Investment on manufacturing sectors is in curors either on small or medium industry .It is difficult to invest in manufacturing sector for a individual businessman whose incomes are in lacs . Or in some place, local businessmen have money but don’t have information how to be a manufacturer .
it is now and never situation for the state to take initiative and encourage local investors to invest on manufacturing sectors for economic growth and prosperity . I have a suggestion to uplift manufacturing sector.

Divide industries and mode of investment into three categories.

1:Small industry: minimum 1.5 million investment per share holder

2: medium industry : minimum 5 million investment per share holder

3: Big industry : minimum 20 million investment per share holder

it is a scheme to unify local businessmen to build small , medium and big industries under the supervision of the government of Pakistan. However the amount can be less or more which depends on the type of industry.

First of all , the government will have to establish industrial zones in all districts and give free lands for building factories on this scheme. National bank/ Trade ministry should give lists of needed manufacturing industries and feasibility reports from factory construction to finishing product and its total amount with the required per share holders. Our commerce ministry/national bank should navigate local investors about men, machine and raw material . National Bank will seal agreements among the agreed parties. Profit margin will be shared among the investors according to the percentage of invested amount through national banks with deductions of income tax. The government will hold managerial position as long as any of investor does not have more than 50% share on factory.

An example:

Right now Pakistan does not produce solar plates locally . it is highly demanded looking at our energy demands. we import it from china . Lets suppose if our government give free land to unified local investors to build a factory that manufacture solar plates. Even the government of Pakistan under this scheme can be a supportive pillar on downfall of their business. It can offer insurance, subsidy and interest free loan. There are many such things that we do not produce locally .

Amenities will be given in this scheme:

Free government land for building factory ( cant be sold or purchased . Otherwise people will do real estate business under this scheme)

1:NO tax on finishing products for export.
2: NO tax on imported industrial machinery .

3:Exemption from sales and GST taxes for ten years

4:In case of industry downfall or loss
a: insurance
b: free interest loan.
c: subsidy

Beside it , the government should establish German or European affiliated technical schools for human resource. Foreign investors will have confidence on our manpower for further FDI. Qualitative and cheap skilled workers will wonders on our manufacturing sectors . I am sure foreign investors will come like a flock of birds .

Advantages:

1: increments of exports

2: increments in Made In Pakistan products

3:employment.

4: increments in dollar reserves .

5: More Registration of tax filers in FBR under the scheme.

6:Low risk business due to more investors in one platform.

7: diversified income and economic activity of Public.

8: Improvement in HDI

9: Decrease in trade deficit

Back
Top Bottom