What's new

Idea no.4: Business, supply chain, management and finance

@Dubious he push the project one step more in right direction the things we discussed to arrange under one roof?can also be managed and marketed by online portal ask @graphican to add himand kindly open inbox with him btw @Mujahid Memon sahib i m more interested in your other expertise networking and esp iOT related

Very interesting points mentioned here. I always think about connecting small and medium sized enterprises of Pak to CH. I have confidence, that many goods manufactured in Pak, as well as digital services services will successfully compete in CH market. The idea goes towards export, but not in the traditional sense. The problem I see here is lack of trust, biased perception, different cultural values and work ethics towards pak companies. That's the reason why traditional export won't work. I am convinced, that this kind of problem could be overcome by creating an additional layer in form of a entity in Ch.
I am working on one idea, where the focus lies on providing IT& digital Marketing services to swiss companies with a pak backed virtual workforce.

I also believe, that some pak businesses could benefit if they get Know-How and best practices from Ch companies. For example in the construction field, the Swiss are famous for their precise, highly specialized processes. Kind of a knowledge share thing.

You know, this is my childhood dream.. firstly, I love milk butter and cheese... and secondly, pure milk, butter, cheese demand is HUGEEEEEE in Pakistan..
Or for example the process of making cheese, trust me, they are pretty good at it and got 100+ different types of it :cheesy:.

Short story:
When I was around 23 (fulltime student), I was in pak and realized how good and in comparison to ch, how affordable tailor made suits and shirts were. I organised a tailor willing to work with me, explained the idea and took back samples of textiles, styles of suits etc. etc. And agreed with him upon a strict process on taking measurements.
Back in ch, I targeted employees of companies which required a formal dress code. I offered them high quality and specifically to their body tailored 3 PCs. suit and shirts. I chose to price them moderately despite the fact, that the suits and shirts would have competet easily against the big brand names here.
As soon as they agreed to buy a suit, I made an appointment and met them in their offices, gyms, homes where ever they were. I took their measurements, let them choose the style of the suit and tons of accessories and extra wishes.
I have to say, that it worked very well. As a student I made good money and also the tailor in Pak received good profit margins. But I think already after 1.5 years of doing it, I started to receive complains, the quality decreased, and deliveries were often late. Everytime I confronted the tailor, he would always find an excuse. "Aaj protest ho raha tha" "Aaj kui bijly nahi thi, generator bhi kaam nahi kr raha tha" "eid days hain, bohot stress hay" etc etc etc. I even offered him a higher profit margin up to 60%, but even then, his service didn't improve. It wasn't enjoyable for me anymore, regular clients weren't happy.
I am sure it could have gone big, more profitable through improved processes and with a proper brand strategy. For me it was a side business, not much priority, I really enjoyed the work and meeting new clients. It was fun to be honest. But i decided it wasn't worth the time and energy I invested, so I gave up this little side hustle.
The point is, goods and services of Pakistan can successfully compete in a foreign market, in my case the ch market. The only thing we need are the right people at the right place.
Not someone like my tailor :laughcry:. Hope you enjoyed.

Thanx for sharing nice read :) about that cheese issue comes the setup which required heavy machine not affordable by many farmers.Its nothing rocket science but problem lack of creativity from our engineers.One of my friend crack it and make his own cheap cheese making setup but he did for himself not to share or making machines just producing cheese startup like other companies
You did the export from Pakistan so the problem u faced can mention in detail point wise?as one by one we address the all issues providing solution it may help others who wanna do it
Very interesting points mentioned here. I always think about connecting small and medium sized enterprises of Pak to CH. I have confidence, that many goods manufactured in Pak, as well as digital services services will successfully compete in CH market. The idea goes towards export, but not in the traditional sense. The problem I see here is lack of trust, biased perception, different cultural values and work ethics towards pak companies. That's the reason why traditional export won't work. I am convinced, that this kind of problem could be overcome by creating an additional layer in form of a entity in Ch.
I am working on one idea, where the focus lies on providing IT& digital Marketing services to swiss companies with a pak backed virtual workforce.

I also believe, that some pak businesses could benefit if they get Know-How and best practices from Ch companies. For example in the construction field, the Swiss are famous for their precise, highly specialized processes. Kind of a knowledge share thing.

Or for example the process of making cheese, trust me, they are pretty good at it and got 100+ different types of it :cheesy:.

Short story:
When I was around 23 (fulltime student), I was in pak and realized how good and in comparison to ch, how affordable tailor made suits and shirts were. I organised a tailor willing to work with me, explained the idea and took back samples of textiles, styles of suits etc. etc. And agreed with him upon a strict process on taking measurements.
Back in ch, I targeted employees of companies which required a formal dress code. I offered them high quality and specifically to their body tailored 3 PCs. suit and shirts. I chose to price them moderately despite the fact, that the suits and shirts would have competet easily against the big brand names here.
As soon as they agreed to buy a suit, I made an appointment and met them in their offices, gyms, homes where ever they were. I took their measurements, let them choose the style of the suit and tons of accessories and extra wishes.
I have to say, that it worked very well. As a student I made good money and also the tailor in Pak received good profit margins. But I think already after 1.5 years of doing it, I started to receive complains, the quality decreased, and deliveries were often late. Everytime I confronted the tailor, he would always find an excuse. "Aaj protest ho raha tha" "Aaj kui bijly nahi thi, generator bhi kaam nahi kr raha tha" "eid days hain, bohot stress hay" etc etc etc. I even offered him a higher profit margin up to 60%, but even then, his service didn't improve. It wasn't enjoyable for me anymore, regular clients weren't happy.
I am sure it could have gone big, more profitable through improved processes and with a proper brand strategy. For me it was a side business, not much priority, I really enjoyed the work and meeting new clients. It was fun to be honest. But i decided it wasn't worth the time and energy I invested, so I gave up this little side hustle.
The point is, goods and services of Pakistan can successfully compete in a foreign market, in my case the ch market. The only thing we need are the right people at the right place.
Not someone like my tailor :laughcry:. Hope you enjoyed.

'She Loves technology 2019 crown' crowns winner in Pakistan.

The final round of 'She Loves Tech Pakistan 2019' has been won by "DOT-Mind Unlocked" of Yishel Khan, a startup that has developed a headset that reads brainwave activity to diagnose and treat mental disorders such as ADHD more efficiently. 'She Loves Tech' is the world's largest women and tech startup competition, launched in Pakistan in 2017 by CIRCLE, focused on businesses either led by women or that impact women.

The final round of 'She Loves Tech Pakistan 2019' took place on Saturday at Karachi Arts Council supported by strong partners like Interloop Limited; one of the largest Hosiery manufactures of the world and a progressive company working on bringing more women into the workforce, HBL; the largest bank in the country and UNDP Pakistan. Founder Yishel Khan won a Rs 150,000 cash prize from Cargill and a trip to Beijing, China to compete in the Global Round for a $15,000 equity-free cash prize.

The first runner up was PSSEC (Pakistan Space Science Education Centre) which offers hands-on, project based learning experiences themed around space science to encourage STEM education in Pakistan and co-founder Zartaj Waseem won Rs 75,000 from ArbiSoft. The second runner up was The Mad Hatters which is a female-led platform to allow travellers (especially female) to explore the culturally rich part of Pakistan with ease and guidance. For this, Aneeqa Ali won Rs 50,000 from E Ocean.

Leanne Robers, Co-Founder She Loves Tech, expressed her appreciation, "I'm blown away with the amount of work that different businesses run by women across Pakistan are doing." After competing locally, 12 tech startups led by women from all over Pakistan gathered in Karachi for the national finals. Inspiring female entrepreneurs presented their ideas to an esteemed panel of judges who then decided the final winner who will travel to Beijing, China in September to compete in the global finals.

'She Loves Tech Conference 2019' was a combined effort of top organizations including Interloop Limited, HBL, and UNDP showing their strong commitment to diversity and innovation. Chief guest of the final was Dr Shamshad Akhtar, former State Bank Governor who said: "In this time especially, we must rely on the muscle of our women to uplift and galvanise Pakistan's economy".

Humayun Javed Khan, Head of Corporate Communications, Interloop Limited said that "We truly believe in inclusion and women empowerment and as part of our Vision 2020, we have made targeted efforts to hire, train & retain more women in STEM, with currently more than 45% of our female employees having STEM degrees and working in such roles." Other industry leaders such as Ikram Sehgal, Chairperson of K-Electric, and Mike Nithavrianakis, British Deputy High Commissioner, were also present to inspire young entrepreneurs. Leanne Robers, one of the co-founders of She Loves Tech, flew to Pakistan especially to attend the final.

The judges included Faisal Sherjan, Director of NIC Lahore, Dr Ayesha Khan, CEO and Country Head Acumen, Dr Sara Khurram, Founder, Sehat Kahani, Maleeha Bangash, Head of Ease of Doing Business & Investment Climate, Ministry of Finance, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Humayun Javed Khan, Head of Corporate Communication, Interloop Limited amongst others.--PR

https://fp.brecorder.com/2019/08/20190807504850/

Back
Top Bottom