BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
ICJ to announce verdict in Kulbhushan Jadhav case on July 17
Dawn.com | Naveed Siddiqui
July 04, 2019

5d1df94a8ba48.jpg

View of the ICJ courtroom on the first day of the hearings Feb 18, 2019. — Photo courtesy of the ICJ

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) will announce its verdict in the Kulbhushan Jadhav case on July 17, sources in the Foreign Office confirmed to DawnNewsTV on Thursday.

Jadhav — a serving commander of the Indian Navy associated with Indian spy agency Research and Analysis Wing — was arrested on March 3, 2016, from Balochistan on allegations of espionage and terrorism.

Read more: Transcript of RAW agent Kulbhushan’s confessional statement

In his subsequent trial at a military court, Jadhav had confessed to his involvement in terrorist plots. The spy was subsequently sentenced to death in 2017.

On April 10, 2017, Army Chief Gen Qamar Bajwa had endorsed the death penalty for Jadhav. In June 2017, the Indian spy had filed a mercy petition against the death penalty, in which he again confessed to his involvement in terrorist activities.

However, before Pakistani authorities could make a final decision, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) had ordered a stay in his execution on India's appeal.

During the hearing of the case in the international court, India denied Jadhav was a spy and had asked the ICJ to order his release because he was denied consular access and not allowed to choose his own defence lawyer.

Attorney General of Pakistan Anwar Mansoor Khan had in turn argued that Jadhav was an Indian spy sent to Balochistan to destabilise the country and therefore not entitled to consular access. He had said that "India's claim for relief [...] must be dismissed."

Khan had told the court that Jadhav ran a network "to carry out despicable terrorism and suicide bombing, targeted killing, kidnapping for ransom and targeted operations to create unrest and instability in the country".

"His unlawful activities were directed at creating anarchy in Pakistan and particularly targeted the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor," Khan had told the 15-judge bench.

capture-jpg.540185

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark my words.
ICJ will acquit Kulbhushan.
This is what is going to be ICJ verdict, I am 1000% sure.

Caged monkeys always die in captivity.
And IK will come for peace deals? kBJ life is more precious for Pak than India. Death of KBJ will give chance to India to point that Pak doesn't adhere to International treaties

And IK will come for peace deals? kBJ life is more precious for Pak than India. Death of KBJ will give chance to India to point that Pak doesn't adhere to International treaties

Spies doesn't fall under International treaties. He is charged with terrorism, espionage etc. No Geneva application. He is not going anywhere.

Mark my words.
ICJ will acquit Kulbhushan.

And why is that? A two liner judgment without any substance. I am afraid, India will disappointed in this regard.

Spies doesn't fall under International treaties. He is charged with terrorism, espionage etc. No Geneva application. He is not going anywhere.
Spies and Terrorist are two different classes. Even if he is terrorist, Pak did not give him ample legal access to defend. You didn't allow Indian Govt to assist him in defending. So... I don't think Pak will take risk by killing him

And why is that? A two liner judgment without any substance. I am afraid, India will disappointed in this regard.

Pakistan doesn't have to execute him, keep him captive alive will serve the purpose to remind the world on Indian terrorism against Pakistan.

To some of the indians jumping around like idiots, ICJ DOES NOT have compulsory jurisdiction. Hence, no matter what ever is the verdict, there is no compulsion on Pakistan to do anything. I personally think Pakistan should have refused even going to ICJ - it is a kangaroo court.

Spies and Terrorist are two different classes. Even if he is terrorist, Pak did not give him ample legal access to defend. You didn't allow Indian Govt to assist him in defending. So... I don't think Pak will take risk by killing him

He is both, involved in terrorism and committed espionage. It would be better to read complete case, charges, findings & evidences. Nationalism shouldn't stop you from reading, at least.

Read Geneva Convention & your try to assist him in proceedings. In fact, India denied to own him in first place but called him some businessman Patel which too was proven wrong. Why would Pakistan kill him? He will be in the cell till his last breath. ... No one is immortal.

Your reply isn't quoted properly but just to point out... India banned Pakistan from accessing Kasab so you can expect the same. Terrorists or spies don't get legal rights.. you're lucky we haven't hung your pig to die.

Generally speaking, when a person claims a certainty, which is over and above 100%, he, in fact, is not very sure and is quite doubtful, to begin with.:p::p::p:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom