What's new

Ice Age Flower Blooms after 32000 Years

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Capture4.png

Nature is a wondrous beauty as the ice age flower blooms after 32000 years of being non-existent.

According to Discover Magazine, Russian scientists announced that they had unearthed the fruit and brought tissue from it back to life. after the seeds were buried over 32000 years ago. The discovery was made in northwestern Siberia, where the winter team of Russian scientists found the seeds of the flower and regrew it. The plant breaks the previously held record of the oldest tissue to give life to healthy plants, which was previously held by the Israeli date palm seed.

In 1995, researchers studying and working with ancient soil composition in an exposed Siberian riverbank found 70 fossilized Ice Age squirrel burrows, some of which stored up to 800,000 seeds and fruits. With the help of the permafrost, the narrow-leafed campion plant tissue was preserved well enough for the team at the Russian Academy of Sciences to culture the cells to see if they would grow. The team, led by team leader Svetlana Yashina, were successful and re-created Siberian conditions in the lab and watched as the refrigerated tissue sprouted buds that developed into 36 flowering plants within weeks.

Ice Age Flower Blooms after 32000 Years*|*Latest American News

Reminds me of a movie, in which a new species of of worm found in polar or ice caped region, eats everything (not plastics etc) and grows exponentially which is potentially dangerous to human race. What if this plant release gas after photosynthesis like reaction and also spreads exponentially. :woot:

Nice fiction story....:D

I think we need to call Isro222 for alien theories too.

What i would like to know is, how can they determine the age of pre-historic creatures, fossils, seeds etc.

Reminds me of the story, where Paddy gets a job in the Dinosaurs section of the Museum, .... one day some tourists visiting ask him , how old is the T-Rex skeleton. ?, Paddy replies, it's 65 Million years, four months, two weeks three days old...... surprised, the tourist asks him, how can he be so precise. ?...Paddy replies, when i started to work here, i was told that the skeleton is 65 Million year old..... now i have been working here for four months, two weeks and three days........

that just proves the theory behind behind Scrat in Ice Age...Frozen but yet Alive and greedy for the Nut....

ice_age_freeze.jpg

scrat-ice-age-1.jpg

What i would like to know is, how can they determine the age of pre-historic creatures, fossils, seeds etc.

Reminds me of the story, where Paddy gets a job in the Dinosaurs section of the Museum, .... one day some tourists visiting ask him , how old is the T-Rex skeleton. ?, Paddy replies, it's 65 Million years, four months, two weeks three days old...... surprised, the tourist asks him, how can he be so precise. ?...Paddy replies, when i started to work here, i was told that the skeleton is 65 Million year old..... now i have been working here for four months, two weeks and three days........

Answer of your query is carbon dating,radiometric dating and other procedures...

Answer of your query is carbon dating,radiometric dating and other procedures...

In theory , yes, but still somewhat mind boggling, determining the temperature of the Sun's core, distant to stars, speed of light....... yet unable to explain, the otherwise blue sky..... why it turns black at night..... even around a full moon's circumference , it remains dark. !!

In theory , yes, but still somewhat mind boggling, determining the temperature of the Sun's core, distant to stars, speed of light....... yet unable to explain, the otherwise blue sky..... why it turns black at night..... even around a full moon's circumference , it remains dark. !!

All of that is explainable.

All of that is explainable.

I am sure it is..... once during a similar kind of debate, i raised the question, we are led to believe that a giant meteorite wiped out the Dinosaurs, yet in the same breath we are told that Crocodiles and Whales are as old as the Dinos, why did the meteorite took a liking to them....... the answer i got was that they survived since they were amphibians.....but doesn't the argument stands that many of the Dino variety were also amphibian. ?? !!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom