What's new

ICC Takeover by big three

see the thing is, I agree with the revenue split. India should get more. Because the Indian teams more money. It's like Michael Mayweathers getting more money, because he is the main draw.

But i do not lie the ranking system, as it means more grab at the money. I do want India playing countries like New Zealand more.

:D
Kabhi kisi ko mukkamal jahan nhi milta zindagi mei :D
BCCI has to do whats best for it.Kiwis will do whats best for them.
You may want to see India play New zealand, but most cricket fans would rather see India Australia or IPL.
I am not saying this, TRPs say this.

Har kisi ko mukkamal jahan nhi milta zindagi mei :D
BCCI has to do whats best for it.Kiwis will do whats best for them.

And what? so that N Srinivasan can pay his Astrologer 2 Crores more :mad:

The fate of the most powerful cricket board is decided by an astrologer. No wonder :mad:

Well at least there is a chance some of the decisions will be right,

And he is better than Sharad Pawar :fie:

The fate of the most powerful cricket board is decided by an astrologer. No wonder
And he is better than S
And what? so that N Srinivasan can pay his Astrologer 2 Crores more :mad:

The fate of the most powerful cricket board is decided by an astrologer. No wonder :mad:

And he is better than Sharad Pawar :fie:

Your point being ?
We are not discussing internal workings or the efficiency of BCCI here.
Please open a separate thread if you want a debate on that.
BTW I have edited my post :D

Jitnaaa bhii haiii - How does one measure the contribution of any country ?

ICC is not likely to let them go, simply because India is a cash cow.
I had enough with BCCI bully boy tactics though.

What we need to understand is that the days of hand outs are over. The revenue generated by BCCI, CA, ECB, SLC and other boards are audited annually. For the last decade or so we along with CA and ECB to lesser extent has been shoring up the other boards of cricket to the detriment of our national and regional cricketing teams. Such a situation is obviously untenable in the long run.

If others want a bigger share of the pie, it's time they "earn" their keep. Either contribute a larger monetary share to the kitty or vote for the boards which have been shoring you until now. Contribute your equal share or shut up and sit out.

:unsure: let's not use that word too lightly.

Nothing about this move, but New Zealanders were pissed off about the prospect that India may never come around to New Zealand again.

The only way this series makes money is because of indians like me watching the game in the stadium tomorrow.

Otherwise, there is no interest in cricket here. Not India's fault, but the cricket fans here feel hard done by, since they believe New Zealand and India should play more often and their stars should get more exposure.

The last game was exciting and it validates their point.
May be then this new proposed system might help with that because it enables boards to sign mutual contracts to play each other more if they want to or whenever, add more teams into the series suiting their time schedules. I think it will give more exposure and opportunities.

Your point being ?
We are not discussing internal workings or the efficiency of BCCI here.
Please open a separate thread if you want a debate on that.
BTW I have edited my post :D

But at some point, after the umpteenth time india plays Australia, India plays England, the fans will get fatigued. The novelty factor will wear off.

The biggest money match still remains in Cricketing world, India vs Pakistan.

Sure, in the short term it gets them Money, but in the long terms the viewers will get fatigued.

Anyway, I argued myself in circles.

What we need to understand is that the days of hand outs are over. The revenue generated by BCCI, CA, ECB, SLC and other boards are audited annually. For the last decade or so we along with CA and ECB to lesser extent has been shoring up the other boards of cricket to the detriment of our national and regional cricketing teams. Such a situation is obviously untenable in the long run.

If others want a bigger share of the pie, it's time they "earn" their keep. Either contribute a larger monetary share to the kitty or vote for the boards which have been shoring you until now. Contribute your equal share or shut up and sit out

Not that I am saying this argument doesn't hold validity either.

But at some point, after the umpteenth time india plays Australia, India plays England, the fans will get fatigued. The novelty factor will wear off.

The biggest money match still remains in Cricketing world, India vs Pakistan.

Sure, in the short term it gets them Money, but in the long terms the viewers will get fatigued.

Anyway, I argued myself in circles.
Fatigue you say? If only this system was not permanent...
If only there was a way we could revisit the system after some time...
Oh wait :D

If others want a bigger share of the pie, it's time they "earn" their keep. Either contribute a larger monetary share to the kitty or vote for the boards which have been shoring you until now. Contribute your equal share or shut up and sit out.

Thats precisely what I'm trying to understand - How does one earn the 'pie' ? Never mind the shares of it !

It has to do with TV viewership,on ground ticket sales.

Indian Team draws. I mean even in New Zealand you had 25,000 people come out and support India.

Yaraa but isn't that viewership rights or the ticketing sales because of both of the participants ?

Granted that the HOME team is the one who shoulders the expenditure & administers the whole event but no one would come to the Stadium or switch to a Sports Channel only to see Dhoni or Misbah swing their bats ! They do that because they want them to swing their bats against the top teams out there !

Therefore isn't it fair to say that without the Opponents playing the HOME team isn't going to earn anything out of the Event ?

I could understand the rational of giving the HOME Team perhaps a larger portions of the Earnings but I fail to see how the AWAY Team should be berated in a 'We've earned the Revenue for ICC not you' kinda manner !

On another day I was advocating greater egalitarianism within the Premier League (that I support) & here the most popular sport in my own country is moving from an already aristocratic setup to one that makes it even more pompous & uptight !

Thats precisely what I'm trying to understand - How does one earn the 'pie' ? Never mind the shares of it !

The revenue contributed by all full members of the ICC gets audited annually. 75% of that revenue then gets divided equally amongst the full members and the rest gets divided amongst the associated members. What I have a problem with is the revenue division. Every member should get a share of revenue he is entitled to according to their contributions on that specific year.

A kitty for upcoming and associate boards can be formed for the promotion of cricket at large but the equal revenue division as has been going on till date is ludicrous.

This aint a commie institution for chris sake !!

Or

Follow the age old routes of "haan ji Raaj" ... back channel cricketing diplomacy where you vote for with and for a revenue rich board for a larger share of the pie than you are entitled to.

Capitalism at it's finest :D

The revenue contributed by all full members of the ICC gets audited annually. 75% of that revenue then gets divided equally amongst the full members and the rest gets divided amongst the associated members. What I have a problem with is the revenue division. Every member should get a share of revenue he is entitled to according to his contributions on that specific year.

A kitty for upcoming and associate boards can be formed for the promotion of cricket at large but the equal revenue division as has been going on till date is ludicrous.

This aint a commie institution for chris sake !!

My thoughts are there right above your post !

Yaraa but isn't that viewership rights or the ticketing sales because of both of the participants ?
Its ad revenue mainly.Cricket is the sport which is most TV friendly

An ad after every over, its an administrator's dream :D

Its ad revenue mainly.Cricket is the sport which is most TV friendly

An ad after every over, its an administarer's dream :D

Be that as it may; why are the People watching it ?

Because they'd like to see the two teams play !

Be that as it may; why are the People watching it ?

Because they'd like to see the two teams play !
Granted that the HOME team is the one who shoulders the expenditure & administers the whole event but no one would come to the Stadium or switch to a Sports Channel only to see Dhoni or Misbah swing their bats ! They do that because they want them to swing their bats against the top teams out there !

Therefore isn't it fair to say that without the Opponents playing the HOME team isn't going to earn anything out of the Event ?

I could understand the rational of giving the HOME Team perhaps a larger portions of the Earnings but I fail to see how the AWAY Team should be berated in a 'We've earned the Revenue for ICC not you' kinda manner !

Well the "home teams" in your argument used to be blackmailed in the past in the way you are describing.
That is the reason why this unjust system came to be in the first place.
But now the "home teams" are threatening to withdraw from international cricket because of success of their domestic 20-20 leagues and of course, they can still play each other.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom