What's new

ICC Takeover by big three

Yaraa but isn't that viewership rights or the ticketing sales because of both of the participants ?
Granted that the HOME team is the one who shoulders the expenditure & administers the whole event but no one would come to the Stadium or switch to a Sports Channel only to see Dhoni or Misbah swing their bats ! They do that because they want them to swing their bats against the top teams out there !
Therefore isn't it fair to say that without the Opponents playing the HOME team isn't going to earn anything out of the Event ?
I could understand the rational of giving the HOME Team perhaps a larger portions of the Earnings but I fail to see how the AWAY Team should be berated in a 'We've earned the Revenue for ICC not you' kinda manner !
On another day I was advocating greater egalitarianism within the Premier League (that I support) & here the most popular sport in my own country is moving from an already aristocratic setup to one that makes it even more pompous & uptight !

Its rather simple. Two words : Annual Audit. This takes into account all factors, viz ticketing proceeds, ad revenue. endorsement revenue etc. Its fairly simple to figure out who gets home the larger piece of the bacon or more politically correct "bread", they do it every year anyway.

Well the "home teams" in your argument used to be blackmailed in the past in the way you are describing.
That is the reason why this unjust system came to be in the first place.
But now the "home teams" are threatening to withdraw from international cricket because of success of their domestic 20-20 leagues and of course, they can still play each other.

The HOME Teams may withdraw for that, I presume, is their right; however I can't imagine anyone turning up to see Indians playing against Indians all year round !

The HOME Teams may withdraw for that, I presume, is their right; however I can't imagine anyone turning up to see Indians playing against Indians all year round !
You are right, but that is not the direction I see cricket going in anyway.
I think cricket will go in the direction of MLB,EPL,Seria A et al where international cricket will take a back seat to the IPL.
So we will still see "Steyn vs Kohli" or "Jayawardne vs Anderson"

Its rather simple. Two words : Annual Audit. This takes into account all factors, viz ticketing proceeds, ad revenue. endorsement revenue etc. Its fairly simple to figure out who gets home the larger piece of the bacon, they do it every year anyway.

As someone who has performed Audits I fail to see the relevance of this to my initial argument ?

All the Audit would establish is that it'll give an Opinion on the Financial Statements of an enterprise; how exactly does that invalidate my argument that people don't come to cricket matches to see the HOME team playing amongst themselves but to see the HOME team play against the VISITORS therefore without one or the other there would no Revenue to begin with & no question of sharing anything !

How can then any team ever so arrogantly point out that they're the ones who've earned anything when its the 'event' featuring 'two' teams that did the earning ?

I could understand were the HOME team given more because they've incurred the expenses associated with hosting an event but how does one account for such astronomical disparity as suggesting that the HOME team gets the lion's share of the earning based on an erroneous argument that 'they' are the ones who're doing the 'earning' when its the event that earns not them !

By the way I'm not even touching on how Revenue Distribution would give the Disproportionate Voting Rights, the Impunity, the Veto & what not to a BOARD for there is much that can be said over there but lets get the above out of the way first !

I think cricket will go in the direction of MLB,EPL,Seria A et al where international cricket will take a back seat to the IPL.

The EPL & more so the FIFA is exponentially more equitable amongst its members than the proposed ICC would be after this ! :)

Yaraa but isn't that viewership rights or the ticketing sales because of both of the participants ?

Granted that the HOME team is the one who shoulders the expenditure & administers the whole event but no one would come to the Stadium or switch to a Sports Channel only to see Dhoni or Misbah swing their bats ! They do that because they want them to swing their bats against the top teams out there !

Therefore isn't it fair to say that without the Opponents playing the HOME team isn't going to earn anything out of the Event ?

I could understand the rational of giving the HOME Team perhaps a larger portions of the Earnings but I fail to see how the AWAY Team should be berated in a 'We've earned the Revenue for ICC not you' kinda manner !

On another day I was advocating greater egalitarianism within the Premier League (that I support) & here the most popular sport in my own country is moving from an already aristocratic setup to one that makes it even more pompous & uptight !
why did you quote me ? and that was not my post :o:

I would definitely like to see Pakistani players in IPL. That apart I think we should throw it as carrot right now for PCB

The EPL & more so the FIFA is exponentially more equitable amongst its members than the proposed ICC would be after this ! :)

The point about EPL was made to show primacy of club football over international football.
But I will work with your analogy.

EPL is equitable but La Liga is not.And why EPL is not is another discussion altogether.
Actually equitable nature of EPL is what is holding teams like Liverpoool back.
I guess La Liga is the model BCCI wants(since it is their interest).
Nothing wrong in it.
And despite the un-equitable nature of La Liga, Spanish football is doing tremendously well.

Last edited:

I quoted you ? :unsure:

I didn't know that ! :undecided:

EPL is but La Liga is not.And why EPL is not is another discussion altogether.
I guess La Liga is the model BCCI wants(since it is their interest).
Nothing wrong in it.

Ahhh well what the heck is it worth to me - I don't even like cricket ? :lol:

@banvanaxl - Ciao ! :wave:

**** this new caste system.I think financial share of england,australia and india should be increased.Right now they recieve the same as zimbabwe.But no exclusive commitee with special powers or immunity from relegation.Their financial contribution should be recognized,but no special powers given to create discrimination.

that was me actually :D Either system error or a case of misquoting :)

Dang !!!

Don't leave :'(
Empathy_Smilies.gif

**** this new caste system.I think financial share of england,australia and india should be increased.Right now they recieve the same as zimbabwe.But no exclusive commitee with special powers or immunity from relegation.Their financial contribution should be recognized,but no special powers given to create discrimination.

There are so many naive idealists here.How old are you ?
I hate to break your bubble but the world does not work like this.
Let me give you a free life lesson :-.

The strong take what they can, the weak suffer what they must.

There are so many naive idealists here.How old are you ?
I hate to break your bubble but the world does not work like this.
Let me give you a free life lesson :-.

The strong take what they can, the weak suffer what they must.

Don't worry, when I hit my late twenties and early thirties I will be a fervent capitalist.

Get your impoverished hand of my taxes Plebs :mad:

Dang !!!

Don't leave :'(

You joined almost 6 years ago, and you have nearly 200 posts.

*looks at my post count*

:cray: well I wasted my life

Back
Top Bottom