What's new

IAF’s own ‘eye in the sky’ to pry on Pakistan, China to be inducted at Aero India on February 14

Yes true.. we hang these birds stand still so you can hit.. you have point there, AWACS doesn't have radars to detect VLRAAMS but J 16 can detect, lock on and fire AWACS.. good maths from your school.

the j16 will fire the vlraams in a passive mode ie they dont need to turn on their radars actively. Shoot and scoot what will it accomplish you will keep your awacs away from our borders and by away I mean hundreds of killometers away hence reducing the effectiveness of your awacs

Last edited:
the j16 will fire the vlraams in a passive mode ie they dont need to turn on their radars. Shoot and scoot what will it accomplish you will keep your awacs away from our borders and by away I mean hundreds of killometers away hence reducing the effectiveness of your awacs

Well don't need to send AWACS close to border. If you think VLRAAMS can take down AWACS just like that.. mind you about your AWACS.. AWACS is something which can detect hundred miles away. Come up with better argument than shooting in pdf "just like that " .

Looks like copy of Pakistan awacs

That's Indian project..

aerodynamics of this aircraft seems quite complex and should put a lot of strain on flight controle system as well as increase drag negating sum of the advantages of turbofan engines I fear for this aircraft

aerodynamics of this aircraft seems quite complex and should put a lot of strain on flight controle system as well as increase drag negating sum of the advantages of turbofan engines I fear for this aircraft
I am pretty sure DRDO/Embraer have people who would have made sure of that!
Just because because IAF is going to induct it, you don't have bash everything for no reason whatsoever!

An excellent system, the only problem is there are so few of them.

India needs to do away with this small scale peicemeal ordering, there is easily a demand for 10 of these units but the IAF will only get a pitiful 2 (the 3rd being retained by CABS AFAIK). Not only is this a very uneconomical way of going about operations but it will also leave a huge outstanding demand and limit the capaicty of the IAF to train skilled operators.

India needs to start thinking bigger, too many still have a desi defeatist mindset.

Good news is that the 2nd will also be inducted within 20 days.

I can't believe... It could be anotherone of foreign designed, build product, which is falsely branded as Indian.
Please tell me what system this is then? I don't see any other OEM screaming that India has stolen their tech.

Feeling like you are falling behind are we?

Get used to this feeling, the gap between India and Pakistan is only going to grow ever greater in the upcoming years........

(so I expect you guys will keep putting out these nonsensical propoganda points about India actually just ripping off others' work).
That is why it has undergone years of testing with the ASTE and their elite flight engineers and test pilots.

the j16 will fire the vlraams in a passive mode ie they dont need to turn on their radars actively. Shoot and scoot what will it accomplish you will keep your awacs away from our borders and by away I mean hundreds of killometers away hence reducing the effectiveness of your awacs
Shoot and scoot with radar off!!! Are you on drugs or you failed 5grade physics?
How do you plan to locate,track and lock on to the aircraft with radar off? Via telepathy?

I can't believe... It could be anotherone of foreign designed, build product, which is falsely branded as Indian.

You mean like jf 17 .. no it is not.. you are insignificant to the thread..

Here comes the so called expert deciding aerodynamics just by looking it.. lol grow up.

Shoot and scoot with radar off!!! Are you on drugs or you failed 5grade physics?
How do you plan to locate,track and lock on to the aircraft with radar off? Via telepathy?

It's called anti-radiation. Home in on the radar with the sensors from the missile. What are some of the indigenous India anti-radiation missiles?

Actively is the functional word read the post again

It's called anti-radiation. Home in on the radar with the sensors from the missile. What are some of the indigenous India anti-radiation missiles?
Yes we have
DRDO_Anti_Radiation_Missile.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRDO_Anti-Radiation_Missile

Trials have also started

Back
Top Bottom