What's new

IAF's MiG 29 and MiG 21 train with Singapore's Fighting Falcons in JMT

sancho

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Indian Air Force (IAF) conducted joint aerial exercise with its Singaporean counterpart on November 14 at Kalaikunda Air Force station.

Taking part in the action were F-16D Block 52+ Fighting Falcons from Republic Singapore Air Force (RSAF) to train alongside IAF's MiG-21 and MiG-29 fighter jets.

The Joint Military Training (JMT) involves advanced air assets from both countries and includes high-end training missions such as Dissimilar Air Combat Training and Mission-Oriented Training. The exercise also underscores the warm defence relations shared between the IAF and the RSAF.

Welcoming the initiative, LTC Stanley Selva, the RSAF Detachment Commander for this year's edition of JMT said, "We value the opportunity to train alongside our counterparts from India regularly in this Joint Military Training. It allows us to be exposed to a range of aircraft platforms, and enables us to strengthen the close and long-standing relationship between the RSAF and the Indian Air Force.

IAF's MiG 29 and MiG 21 train with Singapore's Fighting Falcons in JMT - daily.bhaskar.com

8019_rsaf1.jpg

8020_rsaf5.jpg

8022_rsaf6.jpg

8024_rsaf7.jpg

Mig 21 is still the most beautiful aircraft ever designed.

Disagreed.
:close_tema:
I have watched mig 21s since childhood as I live near an IAF base Never found anything beautiful about them.
On the other hand, Sukhoi30MKIs are just awesome to watch. I can say that those birds are the most beautiful fighters ever designed. :jester: :dance3:

I agree I leave in Pune. And sees quite a lot fly passes. The sight of SU 30 I just amazing...

I would live to see SN basing their boats in India harbour also. They get more space and we get to strengthen our relationship while learning together. Thank you.

What does Singapore airforce gets out of these exercises? Their main adversaries are Malaysian and Indonesian airforces. I suppose Malaysia has got some Su-30's & MiG-29's and Indonesians got some Su-27's and Su-30's. It would make sense if IAF included some Su-30MKI's in these exercises.

What does Singapore airforce gets out of these exercises? Their main adversaries are Malaysian and Indonesian airforces. I suppose Malaysia has got some Su-30's & MiG-29's and Indonesians got some Su-27's and Su-30's. It would make sense if IAF included some Su-30MKI's in these exercises.
whats more...
IAF trains both Malaysian and Indonesian air forces :lol:

We have been training against F-16s for how long now ?

Since 2004.

The inaugural bilateral exercise between the RSAF and the IAF, SINDEX 04, was held in October 04 at Gwalior Air Force Station. The RSAF participated with six F-16C/Ds supported by 2 tankers and 1 transport plane whereas India operated the Sukhoi-30, MiG-27 and Mirage 2000 aircraft.

IAF knows the inside out of the F 16 blk52 for a long time now.Good thing for us.

Back
Top Bottom