What's new

IAF will field 15 Awacs & 42 Fighter Fighter Sqds by 2022

I would need to quote a lot of folks here.. so Ill skip that and hope that it remains relevant.
When I say the LCA will no longer be relevant on the western or northern bothers.. I refer to the presence of assets with capabilities much better than the Tejas that will be better placed to handle that threat.. whatever it may be.
There is definite surety that whatever threat emerges from the western or northern borders.. it will always be more potent than whatever will exist on the eastern borders...even if the Tejas can handle those western threats..there will be assets in the IAF better than the Tejas to handle them.
Then why should the IAF settle for a 98% chance of success with the Tejas on the western border threats when it can ensure a 110% with the other assets it has..

Simply because IAF has bigger fish to fry. If Tejas can effectively take care of the western borders, it will free up the much needed higher end stuff to counter the Chinese.

Bangladesh is a nonentity as far as military threat is concerned.

Simply because IAF has bigger fish to fry. If Tejas can effectively take care of the western borders, it will free up the much needed higher end stuff to counter the Chinese.

Bangladesh is a nonentity as far as military threat is concerned.

There is ALREADY enough higher end stuff for both..
Committing the Tejas just for the heck of it to the west makes little sense other than acting as point defence interceptors and Airfield CAP.
BD is not the only possible threat..

South and East do seem very likely locations for LCA.
North and West will generally get the best fighters India has.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom