What's new

IAF will add two more Israeli AWACS to its fleet

Still pre-mature to compare...because we haven't seen it flying yet...sometimes rather most of the times you come up with the things deviating from the standard ones so DRDO AWACS is not an exception....what they have set as standard specifications may or may not be met ....only will get to know about it when it will be operational...

BTW for even long endurance and better altitude we also have ZDK-03 AWACS from China based on KJ-2000 which by the way was developed with the help of Israel

Lol i have been asked before as people looked my dp ....but really i am not ....i like the avatar so just set it on....even i din't know about it before when someone asked me for he first time but later i realized what it is ....

Oh you broke my heart!lol.By the way,you should watch the anime atleast for once,you won't be disapointed.

The projected range of DRDO AWACS is 194 notical mile.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Still pre-mature to compare...because we haven't seen it flying yet...sometimes rather most of the times you come up with the things deviating from the standard ones so DRDO AWACS is not an exception....what they have set as standard specifications may or may not be met ....only will get to know about it when it will be operational...

BTW for even long endurance and better altitude we also have ZDK-03 AWACS from China based on KJ-2000 which by the way was developed with the help of Israel

Lol i have been asked before as people looked my dp ....but really i am not ....i like the avatar so just set it on....even i din't know about it before when someone asked me for he first time but later i realized what it is ....

Oh you broke my heart!lol.By the way,you should watch the anime atleast for once,you won't be disapointed.

The projected range of DRDO AWACS is 194 notical mile.And w.r.t. experience,this is not the 1st AESA developed by LRDE.

lol!!! as far as i know they are of Japanese origin...comes in series ....btw where can i watch it? i mean i don't think the dvds will be easily available in the market....any online link? or something like that?

they are down graded models of kj 2000 with mechanical rotadome check it too

They contain AESA radar as mentioned earlier by many...came from sources.... its not like a down-graded version rather it may have not the same number of controllers and systems due to the smaller size of platform compared to the KJ-2000's A-50/il-76 aircraft, which is more bigger in size and can accommodate more controllers

BTW every selling country never provides you with the same stuff as used by them there are always some kind of downgrades made or alternative systems for the buying countries. may it be US, Israel or France .... even the f-16s used by USAF are more superior to the one in service with PAF or for that instance Turkish airforce ...there is always the case until and unless importing country itself funds the program as done by UAE in case of f-16 E/F or the systems are replaced by local companies after purchase as done by Israel with its f-16 sufas

But in case of China and Pakistan this is not the case .... PAF always goes for customization ...and every product till today PAF has bought from China was customized according to the needs and specifications of PAF may it be F-7P, F-7PG, A-5, FC-20 or ZDK-03, About ZDK-03 AWAC of PAF one thing speaks the volumes about quality and that is immediately after revealing of PAF specific ZDK-03 Chinese navy evaluated the AWAC aircraft and they went for the same version as of PAF instead of the availability of KJ-2000.... How often do you see that

Hahah lol form where you got these numbers of 250km and 240degrees and the other one? and btw data is confidential then how you came to know about such stats , is it just available to you? :woot:

For your information the instrumental range of Erieye is 450 km while detection range is 350km

"The radar provides 300 degree coverage and has an instrumental range of 450km and detection range of 350 km in a dense hostile electronic warfare environment—in heavy radar clutter and at low target altitudes. In addition to this, the radar is also capable of identifying friends or foes, and has a sea surveillance mode.
"Erieye detects and tracks air and sea targets out to the horizon, and sometimes beyond this due to anomalous propagation — instrumented range has been measured at 450 km. Typical detection range against fighter-sized targets is approximately 425 km, in a 150° broadside sector"

i don't know from where you guys got such fanboy stats
Electronically scanned radars detect poorly beyond 120 grad sector. Thats why u need at least 3 non rotating ESA radars for 360 grad. Another advantage of Phalcon over Erieye is L-ban, which increases range vs. stealth targets and increases jam resistance.

Electronically scanned radars detect poorly beyond 120 grad sector. Thats why u need at least 3 non rotating ESA radars for 360 grad. Another advantage of Phalcon over Erieye is L-ban, which increases range vs. stealth targets and increases jam resistance.

How does the Indian A50-EI phalcon compare to your Boeing 707 and Eitam G550? Does the extra power generated on a large platform like A50 give it an edge over G550 or does the latters modern system make up for less power. Also how many panels and T/R modules per panel does the A50 dome type have when compared to the 6 panels and 760 odds T/R modules on the 707 type?

How does the Indian A50-EI phalcon compare to your Boeing 707 and Eitam G550? Does the extra power generated on a large platform like A50 give it an edge over G550 or does the latters modern system make up for less power. Also how many panels and T/R modules per panel does the A50 dome type have when compared to the 6 panels and 760 odds T/R modules on the 707 type?
Eitam G550 has two side L-band antennas and two S-band (front and read) antennas for 360 grad coverage.

3 L-band antennas like on A50 provide better 360 grad coverage: if detection envelope of A50 looks like a circle - same detection range in all directions, detection of G550 is oval: higher towards sides less front and rear range. G550 however is much cheaper to operate, has longer endurance and higher altitude.

after induction of these two AWACS: saari duniya mere ispe.......

They contain AESA radar as mentioned earlier by many...came from sources.... its not like a down-graded version rather it may have not the same number of controllers and systems due to the smaller size of platform compared to the KJ-2000's A-50/il-76 aircraft, which is more bigger in size and can accommodate more controllers

BTW every selling country never provides you with the same stuff as used by them there are always some kind of downgrades made or alternative systems for the buying countries. may it be US, Israel or France .... even the f-16s used by USAF are more superior to the one in service with PAF or for that instance Turkish airforce ...there is always the case until and unless importing country itself funds the program as done by UAE in case of f-16 E/F or the systems are replaced by local companies after purchase as done by Israel with its f-16 sufas

But in case of China and Pakistan this is not the case .... PAF always goes for customization ...and every product till today PAF has bought from China was customized according to the needs and specifications of PAF may it be F-7P, F-7PG, A-5, FC-20 or ZDK-03, About ZDK-03 AWAC of PAF one thing speaks the volumes about quality and that is immediately after revealing of PAF specific ZDK-03 Chinese navy evaluated the AWAC aircraft and they went for the same version as of PAF instead of the availability of KJ-2000.... How often do you see that
any link to prove it btw are these aircrafts carrier worthy:what:

any link to prove it btw are these aircrafts carrier worthy:what:

Go to the PAF section you will find about it, other than that it is also been discussed in one of the Chinese forums , there are also pics posted in Pakistani defence section ,

I don't know whether it is carrier worthy or not

Come on guys stick to the topic- follow on orders of Phalcons.

But as far as the Chinese AWACS are concerned, do we really expect China with relatively little experience in design and manufacture of high end technologies like AESA radars to come up with a world class system on the FIRST try??!! You'd have to be a fool to believe such nonsense.

These two are likely to be more advanced as even the 3rd of the first batch was more advanced:

Indian AWACS Moving Forward on 2 Fronts

Source: Indian AWACS Moving Forward on 2 Fronts
Jan 12/11: India’s 3rd Phalcon aircraft is performing long-duration flights over Israel and the Mediterranean using “some very complex scenarios”, with Indian Air Force personnel aboard. The planes also reportedly have some additional features, as India requested “unspecified additional capabilities” for its 3rd Phalcon plane. The most likely additions would involve additional radar modes for maritime and/or ground coverage, and improved signals intelligence intercept & location capability.

Eitam G550 has two side L-band antennas and two S-band (front and read) antennas for 360 grad coverage.

3 L-band antennas like on A50 provide better 360 grad coverage: if detection envelope of A50 looks like a circle - same detection range in all directions, detection of G550 is oval: higher towards sides less front and rear range. G550 however is much cheaper to operate, has longer endurance and higher altitude.
what do u do by profession ? i mean how come u know such technical details i am guessing u are working in electronics field
i also studied some of these but 3 years after college everything is gone

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom