What's new

IAF to trial American F-16, Swedish Gripen for 120-jet Make in India project to replace MiGs

tejas is far away form being a serious platform. by then all migs will retire !
Then why not rafales?it's a potent platform,this is the only thing which can give a serious fight against gen 5 fighters of China. AFAIK fgfa is a dead boy,and we don't have nothing left to us as of now to stop Chinese j20s.

Then why not rafales?it's a potent platform,this is the only thing which can give a serious fight against gen 5 fighters of China. AFAIK fgfa is a dead boy,and we don't have nothing left to us as of now to stop Chinese j20s.
i also like to continue with rafale. but if they want single engine jets only we have to lok at other options.

American Fighter jet = NSG & a lot more.

Bigger picture...

The indian american japanese collective initative to counter OBOR.

American support against China and pressure on Pak.

The indian further involvement in AF..and the resources there to be shared by the allies.

NRI lobby is all for Anglo-American alliance with india.

Americans wouldn't like to loose yet again in indian market to France or anyother weapons' merchant.

IT visas for indian workers...

The indians will go for di Amricani!
Dear SPF, all said, the bottom line is the Indian armchair generals were of the argument that the F-16 failed Indian trials and it's an obsolete platform... you see even if PAF was operating the F-22, the Indians will find comfort by demeaning it.... it's good if the Indians go for the F-16 as PAF now has over 30 years of experience on this fine American machine.

indians evaluated the F-16 for many years in the past . do they still need more evaluation? probably just pressure tactics to milk france and russia more

Dear SPF, all said, the bottom line is the Indian armchair generals were of the argument that the F-16 failed Indian trials and it's an obsolete platform... you see even if PAF was operating the F-22, the Indians will find comfort by demeaning it.... it's good if the Indians go for the F-16 as PAF now has over 30 years of experience on this fine American machine.

My very dear Jammer,

Life will be boring, unbearably dull without our indian friends and their inclinations of overestimation.

If you recall there was one phone call a few decades from DC that brought the warmongers out of their high.

JF-17 is 2nd generation. J20 is not even stealth. J31 is a paper plane... CPEC is a debt trap and Pak is now Chinese Colony... of course, all of its absolutely true.

Bad manners to wake up those who are having sweet dreams.

I say, di Americani shall have their cake and eat it too.

What says, my good friend?

Regards,

SPF

no jammer bhiyye those were diffrent days and then it was diffrent geopolitics and we had no money then but now its completelly oppsite and we are not going to buy brand new ones as they will cost a fortune ad ages to procure the best way is to get most healthy/robust airframes of EX USAF F16 BLK40/42 and MLU to level V or Blk 70/72 and its gonna be quck and cheap and both US DOD and LM and indian IAF & MOD are already OK with it whiles israelies are rendering there full support in this programme so you tell whats wrong in it as a nurtal expert SIR

Latest version F16 are coming to India.
F16 is a very good single engine fighter.

Along with LCA form a lethal combination.

India should go for F35 they form a good combination with the 4 LPDs that are coming.

when the production lines of F-16s are being closed else where and the nations all over the world are replacing their falcons with more advanced jets what india will get out of establishing production line in india?they can buy the jet from USA anytime.

My very dear Jammer,

Life will be boring, unbearably dull without our indian friends and their inclinations of overestimation.

If you recall there was one phone call a few decades from DC that brought the warmongers out of their high.

JF-17 is 2nd generation. J20 is not even stealth. J31 is a paper plane... CPEC is a debt trap and Pak is now Chinese Colony... of course, all of its absolutely true.

Bad manners to wake up those who are having sweet dreams.

I say, di Americani shall have their cake and eat it too.

What says, my good friend?

Regards,

SPF
Oh my dear SPF, now you are putting out Indian fires with gasoline.
While the JF-17, J-20 and J-31 are not worthy products, the LCA Tejas OTOH is a learning curve....wonder what have the Indians learned in 30 years.
And as for America having their cake, the cherry on top is that they will get paid for enjoying it as well.

no jammer bhiyye those were diffrent days and then it was diffrent geopolitics and we had no money then but now its completelly oppsite and we are not going to buy brand new ones as they will cost a fortune ad ages to procure the best way is to get most healthy/robust airframes of EX USAF F16 BLK40/42 and MLU to level V or Blk 70/72 and its gonna be quck and cheap and both US DOD and LM and indian IAF & MOD are already OK with it whiles israelies are rendering there full support in this programme so you tell whats wrong in it as a nurtal expert SIR
Different days ????
Guru bahi, you get carried away so much in every thread that you lose your track.
The F-16 was a contender for your MMRCA....and then there's the question of single engine which is said not to fit in the IAF's doctrine.

While the JF-17, J-20 and J-31 are not worthy products, the LCA Tejas OTOH is a learning curve....wonder what have the Indians learned in 30 years.
And as for America having their cake, the cherry on top is that they will get paid for enjoying it as well.

Different days ????
Guru bahi, you get carried away so much in every thread that you lose your track.
The F-16 was a contender for your MMRCA....and then there's the question of single engine which is said not to fit in the IAF's doctrine.
that was cause in that part we needed a twin engined MRCA that with a a load carrying capacity combat radius close if not more than MKI as bench mark and LM & USA was not giving it us then without strings attached then like they are now after we had signed logistics sharing agreement with them and are mebers of MTCR club and we can get what we want rest you can speculate yourself jammer bhiyye plain and simple :coffee:

Yes, dear Jammerman,

Our American friends have now indeed developed a habbit of doing Great Things and letting others pay for it.

Regarding the 4+++ Gen Tejas... given the level of technology and sophistifaction of fabrication... it is a feat that it only took 30 years to achieve such a techonolgical marvel.

Mind you every single thing on this revolutionary fighter is indian designed and built... the engine is just to keep the American happy.

You should be alarmed by the developments of MCA though... the generational jump that this plane is shaping to be is truly a game changer in Asia. I fear it is checkmate PAF and PLAAF.

All that is left for you guys is Pigeons I am afraid.

Please, be concerned about the nucleared powered AC that will be launched within a decade.

It is a sad sight to see that my cherrished Sino-Pak Axis is now relegated to play the second fiddle.

Take care,

SPF

The F-16 did fail trials. Only those that were shortlisted cleared trials.

Now, the project is completely different. The IAF is only comparing the F-16 to another jet that lost the competition, Gripen, not the winners of MMRCA.

The winners will come back again in a new tender.

I wonder where is 'STATE OF THE ART' Tejas
in trails and testing has completed over 3600 flight hours in 4 diffrent variants & over 18 prtotypes without any single mishap and has almost all the the benchmarks tested and retested like 4 channel digital fly by wire , HOBS , EL 2032 MMR , DASH 3 HMDS & HUD , Python 5 & R27 VWRs as HOBS missles & DERBY & I DERBY ER as BVR missiles tested and LITNING G3 LDP with Griffin and paveway 2 class PGMs and LGBs tested and also IFR probe tested under day and night condition which a certain joint fighter wants to have in its Blk 3 version :haha:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom