What's new

IAF to induct six squadrons of Tejas, says Defence Minister Antony

it will not be easy i concede but it will happen in due course of time

It's not difficult to produce 16 aircraft per year, trust me. Servicing 16 aircraft per year is a challenging task, not merely assembling them.

It's not difficult to produce 16 aircraft per year, trust me. Servicing 16 aircraft per year is a challenging task, not merely assembling them.
we are talking about the moribund HAL here yaar

right now only 8 will be produced per year,read the above article

we are talking about the moribund HAL here yaar

right now only 8 will be produced per year,read the above article

Even HAL won't find it all that difficult once production gets streamlined. Initially, there will a few teething problems regarding interchangeability of body parts owing to niggles in jigs and fixtures. Plus, a few dimensions may have to be changed on some components owing to glitches uncovered by the Squadron at Sulur. Once that's resolved, given the modern facility that they've inaugurated for the Tejas assembly, it won't be a problem to ramp up production.

HAL's Nasik facility, which assembles Su 30 MKIs, is indeed churning out 16 aircraft per year.

Even HAL won't find it all that difficult once production gets streamlined. Initially, there will a few teething problems regarding interchangeability of body parts owing to niggles in jigs and fixtures. Plus, a few dimensions may have to be changed on some components owing to glitches uncovered by the Squadron at Sulur. Once that's resolved, given the modern facility that they've inaugurated for the Tejas assembly, it won't be a problem to ramp up production.

HAL's Nasik facility, which assembles Su 30 MKIs, is indeed churning out 16 aircraft per year.

but i would like this slowly going to private players like tata or even reliance with help for the HAL.

Even if we have to pay HAL guys more money to help private players and provide them with relevant tot,it must be done.

but i would like this slowly going to private players like tata or even reliance with help for the HAL.

Even if we have to pay HAL guys more money to help private players and provide them with relevant tot,it must be done.

I think private companies must be involved more in defence R&D, as that's the area we're lagging in. Defence production is actually not a big deal.

Why did the Tejas take so long to materialize? Not because of HAL, but because of ADA, DRDO & GTRE, the three agencies responsible for it's R&D, not production.

Whats your learning resource for 16? Article states 2 years period between completion of first squadron and starting induction of the other. There are 20 aircrafts per per squadron.
Pakistan manufactured 30 JF 17s between Feb 2010 and Dec 2013 (rate of 8 per year). Does that imply Pakistan will take another 12 years to induct the balance 100 ?

There is a concept of capacity rampup you know :)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom