What's new

IAF to Get Another 36 Rafale Combat Aircraft

I am hoping that this fighter is chosen instead of the F18, F16, or Gripen.
F-18 isn't even in the fray for the IAF anymore, the ONLY twin engine MMRCA the IAF will induct for the forseeable future is the Rafale.

Dassault was stating this for a while now that second order of Rafale can be expected shortly and therefore this is all on expected lines.
Now with 36+36 (~4 squadrons) confirmed or to be confirmed shortly, we are moving towards 108 (Original MMRCA number envisaged to be Manufactured in India). I'm pretty sure we will acquire atleast 6 more squadrons, over and above this value.
@Abingdonboy @Picdelamirand-oil

Tranche orders will be placed at regular intervals between now and 2022.

LOL at all those clowns that have been saying 36 Rafales was the final figure for India, if you don't see the writing on the wall more fool you. The IAF has never downgraded its MMRCA requirement; 126-189 units remains the target.

Rafales are just to costly. $250 million a piece. You would get 4 F16 or 3 Gripens for that price.
Nonsense bro! The unit cost the French are selling the Rafale to the IAF is IDENTICAL to the price they are paying for it- around €85m ($100m USD). The Gripen-E and F-16 Blk.70 unit costs are within 10% of this price.

36+36 Rafale are enough, now pay a billion dollar to Boeing or Saab as consultancy charges and make LCA as good as F-16 or Gripen
LOL bro, LM and SAAB will never make the LCA a competitor to their own products! LCA MK.2 will be on par with Gripen E.

when did the first order / batch arrive?

Mid 2019.

F-18 isn't even in the fray for the IAF anymore, the ONLY twin engine MMRCA the IAF will induct for the forseeable future is the Rafale.

Tranche orders will be placed at regular intervals between now and 2022.

LOL at all those clowns that have been saying 36 Rafales was the final figure for India, if you don't see the writing on the wall more fool you. The IAF has never downgraded its MMRCA requirement; 126-189 units remains the target.
bu t no make in india.
bigger deal meant better negotiation. who are govt working for here?

this is a friggin stupid move. in a large number deal we could have shifted the production to India. not to forget customise jet and tot.
we could have dealt with lower cost. i see a big scam in making.

ANY FOOL can see INDIA starts wih one batch then orders second even 3rd batch every 4 - 5 years.

SU30MKI started 50 planes in 2000-2004
Then 140 more between 2005-2012
Then 40 more in 2014
And now final 40 more 2016-2019

Rafale will

36 2019-2022
36 more 2023-2026
Another 54 in 2030

Apart from the taxpayer money being spent, anything in this deal going to be made in India or are the French hoarding it all?

yes like the poster you were egging on above to do more and abuse the prophet and my mother on a a defence forum.
Rather then calling him out you egged him on, anyway mods arent stupid they will see what you were doing.

show me one example of me calling out one of his 1000's of gods or cussing his mum.
You are wrong! I only supported him for his attack on you guys but not faith. I have been brought up in multi faith society. I would never abuse any religion. You can also show me when I have ever abused others faith. And don't give me mods threat again and again. That is what you people give threat nothing else.

You are wrong! I only supported him for his attack on you guys but not faith. I have been brought up in multi faith society. I would never abuse any religion. You can also show me when I have ever abused others faith. And don't give me mods threat again and again. That is what you people give threat nothing else.
i will do what i want when i want. I can speak to the mods as and when i wish

maybe you are scared of loosing your account again from a ban

Egypt is the only country operating Rafale, leaving the mother country (France) out.

What makes you think that I am trying to convey a message?
What found that along with French,Indian and Egyptian will be using Rafale. Other than that your post doesn't convey anything.

Back
Top Bottom