What's new

IAF to finalise 350 helicopter order in a month: IAF Chief

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
IAF to finalise 350 helicopter order in a month: IAF Chief

Plans for modernising Indian Air Force’s (IAF) Soviet-era helicopter fleet are gathering momentum with acquisition plans of attack, heavy-lift and medium-lift helicopters reaching final stage. The IAF is gearing up to induct new rotary wing machines to match the emerging strategic scenario and for ferrying troops, men and material even during natural calamity.

The decision on acquisition of nearly 350 helicopters of different genre will be reached in a month’s time, according to Air Chief Marshal PV Naik. The procurement process is on for acquiring 22 attack helicopters to replace fleet of ageing Mi-35 attack choppers. The contract value is pegged at $600 million approximately.

“The contest for the attack helicopters is between Russian Mi-28 and American Apache AHG-64D. The flight trials have been completed and the report is expected in a week or so,” said Naik.

The IAF has contracted the Russian Rosoboronexport to supply 80 Mi-17 V5 medium-lift helicopter valued at $1.3 billion. The rotary wing aircraft will be supplied in 2011 only. The force is going for add on order of 40 choppers, the IAF chief said.

The Mi-17 V5new acquisitions will replace the existing fleet of around 150 Mi-8 helicopters of Russian vintage.

In the heavy-lift segment the trials have been conducted between the US’ Chinook CH-47 and Russian Mi-26 helicopters for a deal potentially worth $2 billion. The IAF intends to buy 15 of these units.

“The flight evaluation bit is over and final report is expected in a month or so,” revealed Naik.

Alongwith this, IAF in conjunction with the Indian Army would be getting 197 light utility helicopters to replace its 300-odd ‘Cheetah’ and ‘Cheetal’ choppers.

“For light utility helicopters army is the main buyer. Flight trials are over in this and the report would be reaching to us in a week.”

Moreover, the successful flight of the indigenously built Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) in 2010 has given another option to the IAF which will be inducted the machine in its force only by 2014-2015.

Apart from this, the IAF is actively pursuing a comprehensive plan to upgrade its Soviet era helicopter fleet by upgrading older machines. A parallel plan is underway to renew assets in the next 10 years as part of the air force's overall perspective plan. Plans are afoot to upgrade over 50 choppers in the fleet of Mi-8 and Mi-17 helicopters. The upgrades are expected to increase the life of the rotary wing aircraft by a decade.

IAF to finalise 350 helicopter order in a month: Naik

AF is going in full pace,so as navy.
hope army will go in the same way

Navy and Airforce is pacing up..
Wat r u doing ARMY..............?

BTW 350 Helicopter is a huge number guys...

Navy and Airforce is pacing up..
Wat r u doing ARMY..............?

BTW 350 Helicopter is a huge number guys...

when u look at the fact that Air force , army , Navy , coast guard and the paramilitary forces together operate 670+ Helicopters then the figure of 350 doesnot really look all that huge

Considering the 10 yrs it will take to induct these 350 Helicopters , i think they will be meant to replace some 250 Chetak/ Cheetah helis along with 80 Mi8 and 20 Mi35 which are currently in service and will retire by 2024

haha y u bharath want mroe hekicoperts > u ssacred of pakistan army and naby and airforve?> u buy plains and helikcoperts for yu are scared by d majar and genaral of pakistan army and airforcve and navy hahah

cowwwwwww cowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i can 100% assure the order will not take place before 2012 note down my lines

they arr just saying words i think first they should close the deal then open mouth but now in india we speak more act less

haha y u bharath want mroe hekicoperts > u ssacred of pakistan army and naby and airforve?> u buy plains and helikcoperts for yu are scared by d majar and genaral of pakistan army and airforcve and navy hahah

dont crack joke

facepalm134.jpg

Bharat wants to start the arms race again instaed of feeding the 440,000,000 million people in India below the poverty line. There are poor people in Pakistan too, but at least US Aid has projects for them. India does not spend any money on the poor plus its ego is too big to take aid, so the Indian poor get the double whamy.

Bharat wants to start the arms race again instaed of feeding the 440,000,000 million people in India below the poverty line. There are poor people in Pakistan too, but at least US Aid has projects for them. India does not spend any money on the poor plus its ego is too big to take aid, so the Indian poor get the double whamy.

even though we keep our poor people poor but we don't allow other countries to killed our people on our own land.. we are not impotent like some other mighty forces.

dud soory but da popolution u siad is xtra biger and dey dont have the poploation dis bigg i use google.com nd it sayis dat bharath populotion is not 44000000 millians pleez rite yor statimint

omg. U raped english my frnd.cant stop laughing. .thanx for todays entertainment.

Haha. India is currently one of the fastest nations bringing people out of poverty so shut up.
and nowhere in the report does it say the order will be placed in a month. the reports will be submitted this month.

oh and i still love you mobileee. thank you for showing us how scared a nation we are. cowww cowwwww!!

omg. U raped english my frnd.cant stop laughing. .thanx for todays entertainment.

hahah anoter bharathi wo cant speek egnlish rape is donefor woomans and not of languges haha maybe u shud go to rushkin bond googling rushkin bond says he is bharathi when luking rushkinbond he luksing foranar hahaha i m shoked but ur child teecher dont tell you dat rape is of womans and not for enghlish hahah coww cowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

louuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

louuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

haha u shud larn to type i m tyre now nd cant do da rushkin bond agan bt u cn use ur moose in ur hand(choooha hahahahha) nd look up in da page becuz in my dickshionary der is no word louuuuuuuuulllllll hahaha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom