What's new

IAF to acquire 450 fighter aircraft in future, says Air Force Chief RKS Bhadauria

Okay. You tell me how will IAF have 850 new fighters if it plans to procure only 450 fighters while retiring all of its current inventory.
Not for me to 2nd guess Indian planners. You have pathetic people in charge this is what happens. Fix your own house. We the world can only go by the numbers stated. No need for us to 2nd guess coxk ups

Not for me to 2nd guess Indian planners. You have pathetic people in charge this is what happens. Fix your own house. We the world can only go by the numbers stated. No need for us to 2nd guess coxk ups

There is nothing to guess. The statement is coming from horse mouth, IAF Chief himself.

As I said earlier, IAF seems to be confortable to operate with ~22 squadrons going forward as all new fighters that would be inducted would be multi role fighters.

Remember IAF only needs to confront PAF.

Bc pehle 36 to aa nahin rahe inke.

I hate to say it but IAF is the most incompetent arm of our military.
Do I sense some frustration and resentment in your tone towards the IAF?
IAF seems to be confident to operate with just ~22 squadrons instead of 42 squadrons in the future as all future fighters being procured would be multi role.
I see. If the magic number is 22, that would mean 11 Squadrons facing West (Pakistan) and another 11 facing East (China). :what:

Okay, i'm confused.

I've heard of building up an Air Force. I'm not certain if i've heard downsizing it like a Departmental Store.

When you say, "future fighters being procured" - what exactly are you insinuating?

Are you aware of the type/kind of Fighter Jet you're planning or are you just guessing?

I see. If the magic number is 22, that would mean 11 Squadrons facing West (Pakistan) and another 11 facing East (China). :what:

Okay, i'm confused.

I've heard of building up an Air Force. I'm not certain if i've heard downsizing it like a Departmental Store.

When you say, "future fighters being procured" - what exactly are you insinuating?

Are you aware of the type/kind of Fighter Jet you're planning or are you just guessing?

Downsizing is due to decrease in threat perception, alternate weapon systems and multi role capability of the new fighters

7 - LCA MK1A
4 - Rafale
5 - F-35
6 - AMCA

Downsizing is due to decrease in threat perception, alternate weapon systems and multi role capability of the new fighters

7 - LCA MK1A
4 - Rafale
5 - F-35
6 - AMCA
IAF cancelled its MMRCA and here you are with a new theory that you'll get f 35s why not add f22 too with s400 I doubt you'll get anything other than tejas and additional Rafael but only if you have money for that at this stage with the economy crumbling even getting Rafael for 7 8 billion usd is hard for IAF and you added f35 to the mix good job.

This is what I know from sources. India is going to have a 40%+ defence budget cut & Tejas is the only option available for IAF. HAL has stopped assembly lime of SU30MKI & Super Sukoi engine upgrade will also not going to happen. 4 Rafale will come in July P8i orders also cut down.

Indian biggest issue is the range of Pakistani bvr for which India has no current or future solution.
I'm unsure where you heard about the 40% cut in defence budget since majority of our budget goes for salaries and pensions leaving little to none for defence procurements and R&D.

Secondly, Su-30's line is stopped since HAL has built all aircrafts per the initial contract. HAL is asking IAF for additional aircrafts but IAF already has enough heavy fighters and want to procure more jets in the medium class. Due to cash crunch, IAF might opt out of the 114 jets tender per MMRCA 2.0 and go for additional LCA's and MWFs' in the long run but will most probably procure 2 more squadrons of Rafales as a stop gap

Regarding P8I, 8 are currently in service with 4 more which were ordered back in 2016 due to be delivered this july. Additionally, 6 more have already been cleared for acquisition

https://www.livefistdefence.com/201...ndian-navy-clears-decks-for-6-more-p-8is.html

To counter PAF's AIM-120, Rafales come with MBDA's Meteor and you can compare the specs if range was an issue. Astra has been recently inducted on multiple platforms across IAF's inventory which has a range of 100-110km in addition to the I-Derby ER which IAF ordered after Balakot

With respect you are also guessing. IAF officials have a habit of making cock ups of a maga scale. Being nationalistic is one thing. Following blindly is another. We can only go by the facts of the published article and not your ideal scenarios.
It's surprising to see pakistanis trusting Indian sources but I guess that only happens when it suits your narrative. What I'm saying is the writer poorly framed on how it's put out and it's absurd to see you claim 6 aircraft per year when HAL was building 8 per year back when LCA's production initially started

This is what I know from sources. India is going to have a 40%+ defence budget cut & Tejas is the only option available for IAF. HAL has stopped assembly lime of SU30MKI & Super Sukoi engine upgrade will also not going to happen. 4 Rafale will come in July P8i orders also cut down.

Indian biggest issue is the range of Pakistani bvr for which India has no current or future solution.

Negative, latest R-77 with double the range of NEZ already procured.

LOL that Problem Will Be solved
When 4 Rafale's F3R Will Land in july :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This was necessary to counter the confusion caused by our motormouth-in-chief, the worst COAS we have had in two decades or more. What a shame!
Guy Is Promoting inter Services Rivalry
I was More than happy Will Three services Chief's

Now Its MMRCA vs Navy's IAC-3 CBG

Both Will held It ground.Needless Scuffle

common from 126 MMRCA to 180 MMRCA and now 450 :rofl::rofl::rofl: anyone remember mother of all defense deals ?????????
end up something like this
Will buy only 36 Rafales, no need for 126: Parrikar
“Would there be any money for any other work?” he asked.

“I also feel like having a BMW and Mercedes. But I don’t because I can’t afford it. First I can’t afford it and second I don’t need it. So, 126 Rafales was economically unviable. It was not required,” Mr. Parrikar said.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...36-rafales-no-need-for-126/article7268264.ece
Assuming In Indian budget will not increase in a Decade
This Argument falls flat

Sir ji this time Bandariya given the timeline for the induction of all the fantasy aircrafts which is only 35 years from now and by looking the poor track record of Indians on LCA we can simply multiply it by 3 which is 105 years so i hope we all witness the beginning of new innings of our grand grand children and our grand grand children will witness their grand grand children's new innings
35 years all IAF will be retried (except rafale which arent inculded in this count or may be the last built su30)..so my guess IAF will never go beyond 25 squardons/450 AC(that are truely active)....

This is what happens when you import everything ..now look at china..just j10s out numbers all IAF

There is nothing to guess. The statement is coming from horse mouth, IAF Chief himself.

As I said earlier, IAF seems to be confortable to operate with ~22 squadrons going forward as all new fighters that would be inducted would be multi role fighters.

Remember IAF only needs to confront PAF.
With 22 squardons it cant even beat PAF...
PAF is hell bent on maintaining its 19 squardons ...
It will keep that by getting 250+ thunders and 100 odd f16 & than azm afterwards

LOL that Problem Will Be solved
When 4 Rafale's F3R Will Land in july :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guy Is Promoting inter Services Rivalry
I was More than happy Will Three services Chief's

Now Its MMRCA vs Navy's IAC-3 CBG

Both Will held It ground.Needless Scuffle

Assuming In Indian budget will not increase in a Decade
This Argument falls flat
I kinda hope india acquires 3 more aircraft carriers to strength of 6-10...as they dont have significance against pakistan

Back
Top Bottom