What's new

IAF set to lose its fighting edge

Antony said PAK-FA will get certification in 2019 they will come by 2023-24.

2021/22 is what most have predicted. But that is relatively immaterial as Super-MKI,M2kUPG,Mig-29UPG, LCA Mk.1/2 and MMRCA can easily maintain India's air superiority till then, even later if needs be.

Antony said PAK-FA will get certification in 2019 they will come by 2023-24.
Even if they come after 2025 we would still be having hand full of Rafales with scalp stealth missiles,advance A2A weaponary,Accurate strike features and Super Sukhoi with 400km+ range A2A missile,Nirbhay missile with 1000km range,Brahmos capability,Advanced LGBs that are equally dangerous that can play offensive to Pakistan and defensive to China :P

personally I feel the sukhois,pakfa,Rafale are the high end of the pack....The LCA Mk2 would be the low end..and thats where the numbers game will depend...Im not eve talking about AMCA coz thats still on the design board..LCA along with the mirage and mig29s would be the low-med mix...

Rather than getting some more foreig aircraft,the GOI shld direct a % of that money for earlier iduction of LCA ad if possible with Mk2 upgrades...My 2 cents

The only way to open their eyes is a comparison with an adversary.

I smell additional orders from Russia.:pop:

Sorry but we should instead buy more rafale.

Though indian armed forces are formidable - they do have weaknesses - that we can exploit - thanks to our Chinese brothers - we will have a 5th Generation aircraft - at the same time, if not before the indians.

LoL - prove it on the battlefield, instead of yapping on a forum, my son.

If you have anything specific other than the usual mindless things to say which u are well known around be my guest.

Otherwise dont wast my time quoting me to reply ur nonsense.

You may very well chest thump on other peoples equipment and post things like brotherhood and the usual blah blah blahs... we are having a discussion on defense here. So please.. spare this thread.

Thanks

Good to know IAF loosing strength what PAF needs to do is go head to head in terms of technology and new planes.
We already on fast track inductions of JF-17>Block2>Block-3>J-10B> 5th Gen its a smooth transition and we'll have well trained fighter pilots, lol at IAF they don't even have trainers all imported stuff.

BAE hawk trainers are the best in the world,far better than ur 'homegrown' low quality trainers.

Btw we have around 160 mkis and rafale contract is 126 initial plus 63 follow on option for total 189 if necessary.

If you have anything specific other than the usual mindless things to say which u are well known around be my guest.

Otherwise dont wast my time quoting me to reply ur nonsense.

You may very well chest thump on other peoples equipment and post things like brotherhood and the usual blah blah blahs... we are having a discussion on defense here. So please.. spare this thread.

Thanks

If I could understand that gibberish you just vomited, I would reply.

If I could understand that gibberish you just vomited, I would reply.

For that you require knowledge in defense related matters and ability to participate in a decent conversation in an online discussion forum.

So forget it. :wave:

Nothing more than a SCRE MONGERING ARTCILE

israeli Airforce had 600+ FIGHTERS in 1985......... Today they have 400 only..... 50% drop in nos.

BUT they have three times the fire power..

YES IAF had 39.5 sqds in 1990 BUT 29 sqds where junk MIG27 MIG23 & MIG 21 had IAF had no AWACS no S300 ABM system and no spy satalites or UAV .....

Today IAF will fall to 31sqds BECAUSE the MIG FLEET HAS VIRTUALLY shrunk to less than 12 sdqs ie 6 sqds of MIG21 bison & 6 sqds of MIG27

TODAY IAF has 8 sqds of 150+ su30mki that can decimate any opponent in the region... ie one su30mki is worth 10 mig21 or 10 F7PGssss.........

IAF like israeli air force has shrank BUT ITS fire power has tripled

PAF and 5th gen fighters

lets keep the article realistic please

I DONT SEE ANY INDO RUSSIAN FGFA type programme with J20 will posters please stop making things ups abt PAF fifth gen fighters... no such programme exists

I don't understand, our defense budget is nearly 6 to 7 times that of Pakistan but our air force is loosing its fighting edge to them, where the hell our money is going??

Back
Top Bottom