What's new

IAF Republic Day Flypast

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Ironically no single engine Hawks, MiG-21s, Mirage-2000 or Tejas participated.

average display. pathetic camera work.

Mig 2000 ??? Zarvan Bhai was it mig 29 or mirage 2000
I believe he means this Mirage-2000 crash when the IAF pilot failed to come out of the loop.

19891008Mir.jpg

Or, we can call it a dignified ceremony, devoid of pomp and superficial display. To each, their own.
Can't comment about any camera work as our PTV is no better but it was a poor show by such a large air force to put up only 18 fighter aircraft with SU-30 mostly filling the slots, however some Indian members did question.....

Jumla Expert ..

''Where is that aircraft "developed" for 40 years- Tejas.''

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/67700863.cms?u

Or, we can call it a dignified ceremony, devoid of pomp and superficial display. To each, their own.
we blame ptv for their sub standard coverage of the parade same is the case here as well. display is average as i said before and it is my honest opinion. even last time when chinese J10 performed in pak i was a bit happy that there is a display team in the world even worse then sherdils.

Can't comment about any camera work as our PTV is no better but it was a poor show by such a large air force to put up only 18 fighter aircraft with SU-30 mostly filling the slots, however some Indian members did question.....

Jumla Expert ..

''Where is that aircraft "developed" for 40 years- Tejas.''

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/67700863.cms?u

Of course they can question. It's their country. But Republic Days are sensitive events and I like to avoid being the party that shows insensitivity. Conversely, I expect others to respect 23rd March. Granted, that Indian officer took his cap off, but still, I try to cater to sensitivities and not use one person as the reason to target a nation.

we blame ptv for their sub standard coverage of the parade same is the case here as well. display is average as i said before and it is my honest opinion. even last time when chinese J10 performed in pak i was a bit happy that there is a display team in the world even worse then sherdils.

It's about giving respect and receiving respect. It is a sensitive occasion. I mean, would you go to a funeral and complain about Biryani not being tasty?

Of course they can question. It's their country. But Republic Days are sensitive events and I like to avoid being the party that shows insensitivity. Conversely, I expect others to respect 23rd March. Granted, that Indian officer took his cap off, but still, I try to cater to sensitivities and not use one person as the reason to target a nation.
Unless you miss the point that whether it's 23rd March or 26th January, apart from all else, the idea is to show your general public and the world at large your military power, else we all know about Agnis and Shaheens and others, why are they dragged from their locations into the middle of your Capitals.

Unless you miss the point that whether it's 23rd March or 26th January, apart from all else, the idea is to show your general public and the world at large your military power, else we all know about Agnis and Shaheens and others, why are they dragged from their locations into the middle of your Capitals.

Sir, it's not our place to ask those questions about their day.

Back
Top Bottom