What's new

IAF MIG-29 SMT V/S PAF F-16 BLOCK 50/52

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIG-29 SMT

An upgrade package of the first-generation MiG-29s (9.12 to 9.13) containing many enhancements intended for the MiG-29M. Additional fuel tanks in a further enlarged spine provide a maximum flight range of 2,100 km (on internal fuel). Cockpit enhanced HOTAS design, two 152 × 203 mm (6 × 8 inch) colour liquid crystal MFDs and two smaller monochrome LCDs. Upgraded Zhuk-ME radar provides similar feature to the MiG-29M. Power plant upgraded the RD-33 ser.3 engines, afterburning-thrust rated same at 8,300 kgf (81.4 kN) each. Weapons load increased to 4,500 kg on six underwing and one ventral hardpoints, with similar weapon choices as for the MiG-29M variant. The upgraded aircraft has also painted path for non-Russian origin avionics and weapons

F-16 BLOCK 50 / 52

Block 50/52 F-16 was first delivered in late 1991; the aircraft are equipped with improved GPS/INS, and the aircraft can carry a further batch of advanced missiles: the AGM-88 HARM missile, JDAM, JSOW and WCMD. Block 50 aircraft are powered by the F110-GE-129 while the Block 52 jets use the F100-PW-229. Block 50/52 Plus (or 50/52+), which is also known as the "Advanced Block 50/52", was first delivered in April 2003 to the Hellenic Air Force. Its main differences are the addition of conformal fuel tanks (CFTs), APG-68(V9) radar, On-Board Oxygen Generation (OBOGS) system and JHMCS helmet

F-16 block 52+ is superior to any 4th generation fighter, only F-16 block 15 MLU-M3 is comparable to Mig-29 SMT.

no doubt f 16 is superior to mig 29.

not a valid question which one is superior if we follow the track record, during Balkan war Mig29 been shotdown many times by F16s. So, mainly its all air strategy and pilot awareness ..But Mig29 is not as agile as F16. One of reason any Russian plane which has TVC need to reduce the speed to use it manouevering capability and become soft target , second TVC planes constant need air refueling, because they burnt lot gas when attempt to gain thrust...Not suitable for AtoA combat.

Last edited:
during Balkan war Mig29 been shotdown many times by F16s. So, mainly its all air strategy and pilot awareness ..But Mig29 is not as agile as F16.
The Mig 29's were shot down because of a bunch of factors.It was like 4-1 odds against the Mig not to mention Poor training, poorly maintained, no awacs, didn't have latest weapons.... Also the Federation of American Scientists have said that the Mig 29 back then had superior maneuverability, but no who knows.

Is this the regular block 50/52 or the bock 50/52+ like the ones flown by the hellenic air force?
If its the first one then the Mig 29 SMT will dominate in close air combat. This was proven when the Germans had DACT exercises with the Americans. Google this if you don't believe me. BVR its hard to say, it depends on which missile each plane has but I would go with the Falcon b/c the AMRAM'S are proven.
Now if its the Block 50/52+ which was created after 2003 then the Falcon would win in all areas.
Since Pakistan's MLU Falcons will reach Block 50/52 capabilities it will be interesting to see how the upgraded Falcons will compare to the upgraded Fulcrums India will get.

Three US plane has excellent record and never been shotdown in any AA scenarios. F14,F16,F15....Any place, anywhere and whenever Russian plane challenge them, they been easily targeted. But i would say its all pilot...Example those pilots who were flying Russian Mig21 were shooting down American , French or Brits plane and same pilot when flew Sabre they shotdown any Russian plane when comes to encounter ....
Majority of time avionics plane vital role, but thats the job of combat schools to let the pilot know what rival has in its arsenal. And constantly trained the pilots according to present day enviornment with limited resources....

i think the comparison would have being more appropriate if you compare the f-16block52 <which is the new upgrade version > with the new mig 35 wich is an upgraded version of the mig29smt

thnx

i think the comparison would have being more appropriate if you compare the f-16block52 <which is the new upgrade version > with the new mig 35 wich is an upgraded version of the mig29smt

thnx

brother f-16 block 50/52 has no match with mig-35 . mig -35 is on another level .
also in mig-29 smt and f-16 blck 50/52 both the planes have equal chances. mig-29 has better maneuverability and f-16 has better avionics .

clear your few doubts -

Vayu Sena - F-16 versus MiG-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom