What's new

Featured IAF Mi-17-V5 Helicopter carrying CDS Bipin Rawat with family crashes

11 dead, Gen Bipin Rawat in critical condition as IAF chopper crashes in Tamil Nadu
The IAF chopper reportedly crashed due to low visibility due to foggy conditions

By Web Desk
December 08, 2021

Replay
Unmute

Current Time 0:06
/
Duration 0:06
Loaded: 100.00%

1x
Playback Rate
Quality Levels
Fullscreen

NEW DEHLI: Top Indian military official General Bipin Rawat was in critical condition while 11 others were killed when an Indian Air Force (IAF) helicopter with 14 people on board crashed in Tamil Nadu's Coonoor on Wednesday, Indian media reported.

The three who have been rescued suffered serious injuries and have been taken to the hospital al Wellington cantonment in Nilgiris district.
“Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Bipin Rawat's staff and family members were on board the Mi-series chopper along with him when it crashed between Coimbatore and Sulur in Tamil Nadu” according to ANI news agency.
The top Indian military official was on his way to Defence Staff College in Wellington from the IAF base in Sulur near Coimbatore.
Rawat is India's first CDS, a position that the Indian government established in 2019, and is seen as close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Confirming the incident, the Indian Air Force said that an inquiry has been ordered into the matter.

DE84AF6F-D60C-4938-888B-ECC36573C245.jpeg

Looking at the way those trees got chopped down, it was obviously a high energy crash, pilots flew into the mountain side or whatever but the Chopper impacted at speed. I'm sure such VIP flight would be constantly monitored.... Did the pilots sent out any Mayday calls.
Yes, it ploughed the earth. Not a stall, or any attempt at controlled descent. Blades were spinning at the time of crash, as indicated by cleanly chopped trees. They either lost control, or a controlled flight into terrain, or they were caught by a downdraft.

Holy shit this is bad. Is his wife among the deceased? If so, then my condolences to the family.

Does it matter? Killer of thousands of kashmiris and biggest human rights voilator burnt alive in more than he deserves. Hope his last moments were torture.

He is an inspiration to future CDS ,if he dies hundreds are their to replace him and follow his footsteps.

You can only hope ,can't do shit.

Who is next in command? There must be an active succession plan for a military offical like this.

I feel like some of his competition who wanted to replace him somehow succeeded and I guess this has something to do with in-house politics and power-struggle

Are you on a wheelchair? I knew that you are old but didn't know about immobility..

Now back to the topic
Now you are confusing me with your General Rawat, hope and pray that he makes it to the wheel chair.
As an Indian you should have been more focused on the topic... But.....

Back
Top Bottom