What's new

IAF looking to Induct all Six Squadrons of Tejas by 2022

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
300px-Lca1.jpg

Indian air force chief in a recent interview to media house has told that , Indian air force is looking to induct all 6 Squadron of Tejas aircraft by 2022 , out of which 4 Squadrons will be of Tejas MK-II aircraft’s and 2 Squadron of Tejas MK-I aircraft .

Indian air force will be receiving it first Tejas aircraft’s in form of SP-1 and SP-2 next year, Air chief also confirmed revised dates of IOC-II pushed back to mid of 2013 and FOC in 2015 as reported earlier by idrw.org .

IAF expects delivery of all 40 Tejas MK-1 to be done by end of 2016 or early 2017 and Production of Tejas MK-2 to begin in 2016 or early 2017 and complete delivery of 4 Squadrons or 80 aircraft’s by 2022 period.

Considering the delays Tejas Program is going through lately, rising of 6 Squadron in less than 9 years is a point in question, HAL has to aggressively start the production of the aircraft’s and meet Tejas MK-II deadlines to avoid further delays.

First batch of New GE Engines ordered for Tejas MK-II will start coming to India by last quarter of 2013 and Integration and first flight of Tejas MK-II is expected by end of 2014 or early 2015, sources have informed idrw.org that Larger Team has been re-assigned for the development of Tejas MK-II and the Project will likely gain speed in 2013 and it is expected that first bare air-frame will be ready by next year.

IAF looking to Induct all Six Squadrons of Tejas by 2022 | idrw.org

If this turns out to be indeed true than early 2020s are gonna very high exponential growth years for IAF, where 3 different fighters will be under production namely - LCA Tejas, FGFA and Rafale that means IAF will be inducting about 50+ (more than 2 squadrons) of high tech. fighters each year :devil:

Good news if becomes true in time...

Tejas is now blood in veins of Indian people, every one want to look that pride roaring in the sky & dominate it.

IAF inducting 6 Squadrons+ 2 to 4 Squadrons of N LCA= 100+ LCAs in Total

This is decent number

IAF looking to Induct all Six Squadrons of Tejas by 2022

I think it is doable.

Since the last two years, HAL is going great guns over opening up new assembling production facilities for the Tejas and the hoards of jets that we're ordering. Their chairman in an interview had said that they're ramping up production capacity by developing new facilities.

Since we already have 9 units manufactured, I have a feeling that initial rate of production may have already started at existing facilities.

When Tejas has to join war games in jan-2013, I have a feeling that there's more to it than what has been announced so far.

If this turns out to be indeed true than early 2020s are gonna very high exponential growth years for IAF, where 3 different fighters will be under production namely - LCA Tejas, FGFA and Rafale that means IAF will be inducting about 50+ (more than 2 squadrons) of high tech. fighters each year :devil:

50 brand-new jets and also IAF will be recieving MKIs upgraded to Super-Sukhoi standard starting 2014.

This is ambitious but perfectly doable. Once the testing and clearances are out of the way HAL can go he'll for leather to crank these birds put and considering they are massively expanding their production capacity and are setting up new production facilities all over India then it can be done. Just means there is no room for error- testing schedules cannot slip. And good to know the Least we can expect is 120 LCAs in service (6 SQDs- 6*20) and that 80 of these will be the much more advanced and capable MK-2 version.

50 brand-new jets and also IAF will be recieving MKIs upgraded to Super-Sukhoi standard starting 2014.

I am talking about the post 2020 scenario where IAF will be inducting LCA+Rafale+FGFA in parallel (also su-30s will be inducted in full nos. already).

Not to mention the induction of Naval fighters - N-LCA + MMRCA (probably Rafale-M)

Also the inclusion of many transport, reconnaissance, attack helos, UAVs, UCAVs, etc. in all the three forces.

Wow....some rocking times ahead, both for us & our enemies ;)

So its
40 Tejas Mk1 for IAF
83 Tejas Mk2 for IAF
46 Naval Tejas For Naval Air Arm..

So the total number will be 160+ not bad althrough i was thinking IAF will go for 10 Squad of Tejas...

Back
Top Bottom