What's new

IAF Chief Flies MiG-21, Reviews Operational Readiness On Western Front

I must compliment IAF ACM. He is flying an aged plane and that too Solo. I don't think any of the recent ACMs of PAF flied solo or even in the front seat of dual seater jets.
I predict he is a worthy adversery which PAF has come across after many decades.

Successive ACM have flown MIG-21 as SOLO.

Previous ACM B.S. Dhanoa also flown MIG-21 as SOLO.

It shows quality of Training imparted by IAF to its pilots, who despite their mature age, are well versed in handling most difficult of the Fighters.

So every Indian ACM is more then worthy adversary and IAF as a whole.

Friend, here you are wrong... wait for his visit to Ambala... he is among the first IAF pilots who have flown Rafale...

This article might help you...

https://www.thequint.com/voices/opi...-singh-bhadauria-rafale-link-challenges-ahead
Sitting in the back (GIBs/ACOs) isn't exactly being trained to fly the plane. On that note, several dignitaries and politicians flew in the back. Again, I'm not belittling the achievements of RKS nor questioning his capabilities but simply put, his job is not to learn flying newer aircrafts anymore. Try reading up on the pilot roles and tasks they undertake for dual seater fighter jets for better understanding

Here's Rajnath Singh & Nirmala Sitharaman flying in the back seat

first-defence-minister-to-fly-in-lca.jpg

10-25.jpg

Last edited:
I must compliment IAF ACM. He is flying an aged plane and that too Solo. I don't think any of the recent ACMs of PAF flied solo or even in the front seat of dual seater jets.
I predict he is a worthy adversery which PAF has come across after many decades.

Agree with you on this,one must compliment where it's due. Majority of our chiefs only fly as GIBS,the present chief and the previous one both spent a major chunk of their career on F.16's yet both flew or fly as GIBS.

The only exception I can think of in thenlast decade was Rao Qamar Suleman who flew a dual seat Mirage on an exercise. Kaleem Saadat and Mushif Ali Mir both flew solo on F.16 during their tenure.

Sitting in the back isn't exactly being trained to fly the plane. On that note, several dignitaries and politicians flew in the back. Again, I'm not belittling the achievements of RKS nor questioning his capabilities but simply put, his job is not to learn flying newer aircrafts anymore. Try reading up on the pilot roles and tasks they undertake for dual seater fighter jets for better understanding

Here's Rajnath Singh & Nirmala Sitharaman flying in the back seat

first-defence-minister-to-fly-in-lca.jpg

10-25.jpg

Noted...

No big deal, current PAF Chief was OC of No 11 so he is an F-16 veteran.
And if things go accordingly, we will have Haseeb as next airchief.

99115625_2658837674353573_6378087457455341568_n.jpg
Hopefully meaning we could get a chance to interview him and beat AFM's Alan. (Fingers crossed)

Most recent was about 8 years ago. And regarding 23rd March parades, the last one with the PAF Air Chief flying from the front seat was in 2008.

The current IAF air chief has an impressive resume. Either way, even if he leads IAF professionally, his government's approach in using the organisation as a political tool for their foreign policy remains questionable and at times far-fetched as seen in the Feb 2019 chain of events.

He was a test pilot but does this serve any real purpose.
It can be

Spoke to him when he was in Peshawar, too much of a gentleman.
No he meant Jawad Saeed. Gillani is not close to running PAF anytime soon....

Mujahid ?
Anwar Shamim

The video does not show if he was sitting in the front seat of the Block-52D or in the rear seat. So, I will still stand by my earlier statement until I am corrected by any learnt member here like you with something.
From the seating of the D model it is evident he's in the backseat. A single-seat or dual seat from the front would have had more of an exposure from the bubble canopy.

Last edited:
Agree with you on this,one must compliment where it's due. Majority of our chiefs only fly as GIBS,the present chief and the previous one both spent a major chunk of their career on F.16's yet both flew or fly as GIBS.

The only exception I can think of in thenlast decade was Rao Qamar Suleman who flew a dual seat Mirage on an exercise. Kaleem Saadat and Mushif Ali Mir both flew solo on F.16 during their tenure.
A lot has to do with the nature of the job and by that stage it clearly shows who is an aviator at heart, plus it also has to be of something beneficial to have them flying solo. Kaleem Saadat though I think never got a rating on the Viper. Mushaf Ali Mir though was a different class.....

PAF Air Chief flew when it was time for him to fly, now his job is to prepare PAF for the future and he is doing a great job, what Air chiefs before him did was witnessed on 2/27.

A lot has to do with the nature of the job and by that stage it clearly shows who is an aviator at heart, plus it also has to be of something beneficial to have them flying solo. Kaleem Saadat though I think never got a rating on the Viper. Mushaf Ali Mir though was a different class.....

Rao Suleman wasn't an F.16 pilot either yet he checked out on F.16's. I also positively remember pictures of Kaleem Sadaat flying solo on an F.16 while he was an ACM.

PAF BaseShahbaz (8).png
unnamed.jpg

The IAF Chief needs to motivate his folks to fly given the 02/26 and 02/27 episodes.....

As for the PAF Chief, he needs to moderate the spontaneously bursting energies of the Young Paks...

It's peanuts vs peach comparison...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom