What's new

IAF Chief Flies MiG-21, Reviews Operational Readiness On Western Front

I think you're wrong here.
This video is from last Defence Day.

The video does not show if he was sitting in the front seat of the Block-52D or in the rear seat. So, I will still stand by my earlier statement until I am corrected by any learnt member here like you with something.

That's an F-16 D and he's sitting in the back seat, as evident from the spine on the aircraft, the position of the CFTs right along side him (as opposed to further back), the fact that you don't see another seat behind him, and the fact that the strut in the middle of the F-16D's canopy can be seen as a reflection in his visor and not behind him.

ACM Sohail Aman before him used to do the same.

ACM Aman also used to fly in the back seat. However, ACM Rao Qamar Sulaiman, ACM Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed, and others before them have been seen flying in the front seats of F-16Bs.

Last edited:
No big deal, current PAF Chief was OC of No 11 so he is an F-16 veteran.
And if things go accordingly, we will have Haseeb as next airchief.

99115625_2658837674353573_6378087457455341568_n.jpg

I must compliment IAF ACM. He is flying an aged plane and that too Solo. I don't think any of the recent ACMs of PAF flied solo or even in the front seat of dual seater jets.
I predict he is a worthy adversery which PAF has come across after many decades.
What if he want to suicide???

Daring I must say, Flying coffins in the air.

I would only accept it if he flies a Rafale which I am certain he won’t
No matter how experienced an aviator is, he wouldn't be certified to fly an aircraft of a particular type unless he is trained on it. IAF's ACM has never been trained on the Rafale and it would only be foolishness to put him in one and expect him to fly without any prior training

Given his age, he probably only learnt to fly mig21.
The fact that he flew it alone is something respectful though.

Out of the 26 types of planes flown by him... he clocked most on Jaguar...

I do hope that it clears your DOUBT...

No matter how experienced an aviator is, he wouldn't be certified to fly an aircraft of a particular type unless he is trained on it. IAF's ACM has never been trained on the Rafale and it would only be foolishness to put him in one and expect him to fly without any prior training

Friend, here you are wrong... wait for his visit to Ambala... he is among the first IAF pilots who have flown Rafale...

This article might help you...

https://www.thequint.com/voices/opi...-singh-bhadauria-rafale-link-challenges-ahead

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom