What's new

IAF Chief Flies MiG-21, Reviews Operational Readiness On Western Front

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IAF chief RKS Bhadauria flew a MiG-21 Bison fighter aircraft during the visit where he interacted with the aircrew and reviewed the operational preparedness, IAF officials said.
All IndiaANIUpdated: August 13, 2020 5:30 pm IST

1p9tg978_rks-bhadauria-twitter-650_625x300_13_August_20.jpg

IAF chief RKS Bhadauria flew a MiG-21 Bison fighter aircraft on Thursday

New Delhi:
Indian Air Force (IAF) chief RKS Bhadauria on Thursday flew Mig-21 Bison during a visit to a fighter squadron at a frontline airbase in Western Air Command.

"The IAF chief flew a MiG-21 Bison fighter aircraft during the visit where he interacted with the aircrew and reviewed the operational preparedness," IAF officials said.

Officials said the flying by the IAF Chief in a MiG-21 indicates the high operational readiness of the force amid the tension with China in Eastern Ladakh over territorial issues. :yahoo:

Bhadauria also reviewed the operational preparedness of the base.

The IAF chief met the aircrew, combat crew from the squadrons and units stationed at the frontline base.

Mr Bhadauria, a test pilot, has flown the under-development HTT-40 basic trainer aircraft and the LCA Tejas after taking over to show his support for indigenous defence hardware and has backed several important DRDO projects also.

Last month, Mr Bhadauria went to Ambala to receive the batch of first five Rafale combat aircraft arriving from France.

IAF chief RKS Bhadauria flew a MiG-21 Bison fighter aircraft during the visit where he interacted with the aircrew and reviewed the operational preparedness, IAF officials said.

New Delhi:
Indian Air Force (IAF) chief RKS Bhadauria on Thursday flew Mig-21 Bison during a visit to a fighter squadron at a frontline airbase in Western Air Command.

"The IAF chief flew a MiG-21 Bison fighter aircraft during the visit where he interacted with the aircrew and reviewed the operational preparedness," IAF officials said.

Officials said the flying by the IAF Chief in a MiG-21 indicates the high operational readiness of the force amid the tension with China in Eastern Ladakh over territorial issues. :yahoo:

The IAF chief met the aircrew, combat crew from the squadrons and units stationed at the frontline base.

Mr Bhadauria, a test pilot, has flown the under-development HTT-40 basic trainer aircraft and the LCA Tejas after taking over to show his support for indigenous defence hardware and has backed several important DRDO projects also.

Last month, Mr Bhadauria went to Ambala to receive the batch of first five Rafale combat aircraft arriving from France.
Lol,
Looks like a bawarchi

New Delhi:

I must compliment IAF ACM. He is flying an aged plane and that too Solo. I don't think any of the recent ACMs of PAF flied solo or even in the front seat of dual seater jets.
I predict he is a worthy adversery which PAF has come across after many decades.

I must compliment IAF ACM. He is flying an aged plane and that too Solo. I don't think any of the recent ACMs of PAF flied solo or even in the front seat of dual seater jets.
I predict he is a worthy adversery which PAF has come across after many decades.
I think you're wrong here.
This video is from last Defence Day.

He was a test pilot but does this serve any real purpose.

Agreed Sir, but even the Optics matter. I just hope the new Chief doesn't sort out the IAF and keeps it as it always has been; Although I suspect that we are gonna give eachother a tough time.
When is Mujahid Sahib retiring ?

Given his age, he probably only learnt to fly mig21.
The fact that he flew it alone is something respectful though.
Daring I must say, Flying coffins in the air.

I would only accept it if he flies a Rafale which I am certain he won’t

Just one of the instances I clearly remember is once our CAS flew solo on Mirage.... An interesting encounter and narration I must say.

There are many others as well.

Back
Top Bottom