What's new

‘I represent England and Pakistan’: Amir Khan

Dance

Reaction score
213059-AamirKhanPHOTOREUTERS-1311095763-202-640x480.jpg

KARACHI:
British boxer Amir Khan believes extensive training and determination is key ahead of his fights but a huge boost comes from the fans’ support and prayers from the land of his ancestors: Pakistan.

The world light-welterweight champion is currently giving final touches to his preparations as he faces the IBF champion Zab Judah on Saturday in Las Vegas. The 25-year-old boxer, born in Bolton, is geared up for his light-welter weight unification bout, loving the support he is getting from fans all over the world, especially from Pakistan which has proved to be extra motivation for the Athens Olympics silver medallist.

“My preparation is really good,” Amir told The Express Tribune in an interview from Las Vegas. “I’ve been working hard for the past 10 weeks and my trainer Freddie [Roach] is confident that I’ll do well. I’m possibly in my best condition right now.

“I have support from all around the world, especially from the people in Pakistan who pray for me and it goes a long way in helping me.”
Ready to assist Pakistan boxing

Amir, nick named as King Khan, said he has a special place in his heart for Pakistan and was ready to assist the sport in the country.

“I’ll do whatever I can to help Pakistan boxing,” said Amir. “I’m in touch with the Pakistan Boxing Federation (PBF) President Doda Khan and I’m ready to provide any assistance,” he said while adding that the Pakistan boxers will be trained at his academy in UK ahead of the London Olympics qualifiers.

“We’ll be extending our boxing facility to Pakistan during the camp.”
The boxer also hinted at visiting the country during the Shaheed Benazir Bhutto International Boxing event in October.

“I’d like to visit Pakistan every year or twice a year and this time I’m likely to come after Ramazan.”

‘Haroon to represent Pakistan’

Meanwhile, Amir confirmed that his younger brother Haroon, who clinched the bronze medal for Pakistan at last year’s Commonwealth Games, will represent the country at the Olympic qualifiers.

“Haroon will be representing Pakistan there and hopefully qualify for the London Games.”

Amir added that he felt proud over representing England and Pakistan.

“Along with England, I also represent Pakistan and it is a great achievement for me. People ask me and I say I am a British Pakistani and that’s a great feeling.”

‘I represent England and Pakistan’ – The Express Tribune

love you Amir Khan - you are the best :)

a great role model for future Pakistani boxers, it is also great Amir Khan haven't forgotten his roots.

:tup:

I wish Amir Khan all the best and that he keeps on being successful!

we are with you AK Khan !! hope you achieve Gold medal this time

oh yeah his fight is coming up on the 22nd on HBO. thanks for the reminder, totally forgot.

So you finally came out of the closet.

well i was actually away because i was far away from my closet :lol:

Finally back home so back to :pdf:

------------

Aamir Khan is a nice chap - representing his nation and his parents nation. I like him for his good behaviour/habits/actions despite being so popular

This guy is a star, you are a credit to Pakistan and Britain - many success.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ He is rajpout and thats why he is saying that he came from warrior class. I am proud that his parent came from same village of pothwar where my grand parent are living and where i spent my childhood.. Best of luck dude and don't forget your roots if you want to earn respect

^ He is rajpout and thats why he is saying that he came from warrior class. I am proud that his parent came from same village of pothwar where my grand parent are living and where i spent my childhood.. Best of luck dude and don't forget your roots if you want to earn respect

He is Pakistani and damn proud of it. Being Muslim and being Pakistani comes first. All these castes are pretty much irrevelant in today's world buddy.

:pakistan:

we are with you AK Khan !! hope you achieve Gold medal this time

:lol: he isn't fighting for Pakistan, his younger brother (Haroon Khan) is.

Now that Amir Khan has turned professional he can't fight in the olympics. Only amateur boxers are allowed to fight in the olympics.

He is Pakistani and damn proud of it. Being Muslim and being Pakistani comes first. All these castes are pretty much irrevelant in today's world buddy.

:pakistan:

He is british national and i never said that castes comes before Islam or Pakistan. I was just saying that his parent moved to England from same village where i spent my childhood and that place is very dear to me and that village is in Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom