What's new

I have faith that Lord Rama exists: Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faith is the most important factor keeping the nation united? Not the respect for the constitution, or patriotism, but faith in a deity?

OK first of all I am patriotic I don't need any certificate from anyone on that, second I don't believe in deities I support Hindu nationalist parties politically but i am more of an atheist personally the only few times I ever pray is just few moments before my exams or when last few overs are left in a match :P and lastly if it isn't for Hinduism what other major similarities do we Marathis have with you Bengalis or Biharis or Tamils and almost all other ethnic groups in country to keep all of us united as country???

Can someone tell me if they are dredging the whole bridge or only a part of it. Dredging the whole bridge should be a strict no no, it will destroy the whole ecosystem and also destroy the cultural legacy.

I don't see any difference between destroying the Ram Setu and destroying the Bamiyan Buddha, both our Government and the Taliban had scant regard for history, culture and sentiments. :hitwall::hitwall:

DMK extremists, brainwashed by anti-Hindu fake history propagated by evangelists, are looking to advance their shameless commercial interests. Fortunate that DMK is out of power. Jayalalitha will never support destruction of Ram Setu.

OK first of all I am patriotic I don't need any certificate from anyone on that, second I don't believe in deities I support Hindu nationalist parties politically but i am more of an atheist personally the only few times I ever pray is just few moments before my exams or when last few overs are left in a match :P and lastly if it isn't for Hinduism what other major similarities do we Marathis have with you Bengalis or Biharis or Tamils and almost all other ethnic groups in country to keep all of us united as country???

Tell me a common Hindu festival that's celebrated in Maharastra, Bengal, Bihar and TamilNadu! :P

It's the loose federal structure our shared culture which keeps us together, religion is part of the culture but not all of it!

Tomorrow elect a Hindu monarch and see how the country falls apart.

These guys dont think big. They should leave the bridge as is and create an artificial shipping lane on the indian territory bypassing the bridge completely while still connecting the 2 water bodies.

You can be anything nobody cares a damn by millions of Hindus do care about the Ram Setu and forget about the sentiments of these millions, any monument have historic significance be it be Hindu, Muslim or Christians should be preserved for future generations to witness and learn, it's commonsense. ASI goes around preserving old chawls citing heritage and our c****** government is planning to raze an important part of a Hindu epic

Tell me a common Hindu festival that's celebrated in Maharastra, Bengal, Bihar and TamilNadu! :P

It's the loose federal structure our shared culture which keeps us together, religion is part of the culture but not all of it!

Tomorrow elect a Hindu monarch and see how the country falls apart.

I hope you also support destroying of Mosques/Churches for petty economic gains then? That would be great for the country's unity. People from Maharastra-Bengal-Bihar-TamilNadu are Hindus and that what has kept them together. About celebrating common festival you don't know a damn about Hinduism.

Why Wasn't these Factor applicable before 1947............... Present India was more than 800 Princely States............What Keeps US United...................Is it Christianity.................I think Its Great work of Fathers of Indian Constitution which Proved the western Pundits wrong and kept India Unites from 1947 till date.................

I hope you also support destroying of Mosques/Churches for petty economic gains then? That would be great for the country's unity

When did I support destruction of the bridge? That would be disastrous! I already asked if they are destroying the whole bridge or only dredging a tiny part of it so that ships can go through!

Minorities in India especially Christians and Muslims foulmouth Hindus and Hinduism openly in the name of religious freedom and yet are tolerated and defended by average Hindus. I hope Hindus stand up and get counted can you imagine anybody advocating destroying anything related to prophet Mohammed or Jesus in Muslim or Christian lands.

Why Wasn't these Factor applicable before 1947............... Present India was more than 800 Princely States............What Keeps US United...................Is it Christianity.................I think Its Great work of Fathers of Indian Constitution which Proved the western Pundits wrong and kept India Unites from 1947 till date.................

The concept of a nation state did not exist a few hundred years ago. Thats why its called a modern concept. DUH! Which modern state was a nation in 1600? Or in 1700? your kind has been totally brain washed by the anglophile propaganda which would like to project India as a synthetic union kept in place only through political instruments such as constitution. If the constitution is all it takes, then why the dissolution of USSR? Of Iraq? And why is Syria disintegrating?

India's underlying unity is ancient and undeniable. It is almost entirely founded on the unifying effect of Hinduism, along with a common race and shared geographical location. India has always been a civilizational nation, the only kind which existed before the artificial nation state. Politically, India was, and continues to be a federation - a loose union of semi autonomous units with a centre exercising residuary powers and some matters like defense, foreign relations etc.

OK maybe except of few major ones like Diwali, Holi etc most of our regional Hindu festival are not celebrated on nationwide scale but we all do have connections to those like non Bengali Hindus don't celebrate Saraswati Puja but they all rever and worship Saraswati as godess of knowledge like wise Ganesh chaturthi is not celebrated on a large scale outside Maharashtra like its done here but all Hindus whether Marathi or not all start rituals and ceremonies with worshiping him first

religion is
part of the culture but not all of it!

maybe for others but in this case due to Millenniums old association Hinduism and Indian Culture has almost become synonym with Each other

All those 800 princely states joined us because they were Hindu majority although some cases we had to send our troops as the rulers were non Hindus but their subjects was almost entirely hindu while we lost NWFP since it was Muslim majority and were on the verge of loosing J&K before we sent in our troops to fight invading tribals and managed to liberate Hindu/Buddhist regions of Jammu and Ladakh and small chunck of Muslim majority Kashmir valley of all these regions why do you think we haven't faced problems in Gujarat or Hyderabad or even Jammu and Ladakh region for that matter but we continue to face it Kashmir valley guess why???

I don't see any difference between destroying the Ram Setu and destroying the Bamiyan Buddha, both our Government and the Taliban had scant regard for history, culture and sentiments. :hitwall::hitwall:

Except that Ram sethu is mythology and Bamiyan is history. Ram sethu exists because of revisionism of history.

I personally am against it if it hurts the sentiments of the majority faith.

India is not some shytty communist hell hole where government's word = divine order.

The sole intent of Congress to continually eye for things of faith is pathetic. First it has been this Ram Sethu issue and recently they were eyeing the gold in temples.

WTF?! :blink:

Except that Ram sethu is mythology and Bamiyan is history. Ram sethu exists because of revisionism of history.

If you are an atheist, please don't expect others to be so. By that logic, every piece of land of every faith must be destroyed and resources must be explored for economic gain.

A lot of things in our faith were also reduced to 'mythology' status by greedy colonial missionaries.

If you agree with the colonial philosophy, then don't think that others will accept the desecration of their faith's monuments.

I would certain arm myself to fight if tomorrow they said that there is so-and-so resources under the Mahabodhi temple and that it must be removed to be extracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom