What's new

I have been diagnosed with cancer.

Get well soon brother... last night the doctor diagnosed granddfather had some cancer-liver......... hes 87 years old... doc says its too late.... he has few only a few months... :cry: Please pray for him too... May God cure all... ameen!

That's sad man.:(

I wish your grandpa live for years to come...May god cure him.

Prayer for him...Bhagwan theek karey sabko.

jo log internet use kerty hain wo chahy mery bhai bhi hoon unheen main job nhi deta . you are not first one ask from me job but i know internet doctors are not good for my hospital hahahahahah

seriously you need it ?
Imran bhai agar mein assets show kar dun tu b nai mil sakti nokri ? :undecided:
-------
i dont need it yet . but after some time ;)

may god grant you a speedy recovery . dont worry mate , a have a friend who had it too and survived . its not the end . trust in god and be strong.

More cancers are cured now than ever before,of those that aren't people are living longer than ever before.

Peter Falk had cancer of the eye when he was 3 yrs old. He died at 82.

Don't ignore the yoga hospitals,they are excellent. I would go there myself.

Be positive and pro-active, don't just leave it to the doctors.

I believe you have every chance of a long and healthy life.

All the best.

@ doctor09, did you get my PM? It seems only ppl with 700 posts or more can send PM.. I am not very good at internet as yet i suppose..!! M I Internet technically retarded?! :fie:

Get well soon brother... last night the doctor diagnosed granddfather had some cancer-liver......... hes 87 years old... doc says its too late.... he has few only a few months... :cry: Please pray for him too... May God cure all... ameen!

Be strong i n the testing times.. Better lies ahead for him!! My prayers would be with him..!!

you should check cea levels asap( as you say your calcitonin levels are low) if they are using radiotherapy then there should be extensive involvement BTW you should check with tmh bombay ,cmc vellore or rajiv gandhi new delhi to my knowledge they are the best (after doing residency in oncology before pg)

you should check cea levels asap( as you say your calcitonin levels are low) if they are using radiotherapy then there should be extensive involvement BTW you should check with tmh bombay ,cmc vellore or rajiv gandhi new delhi to my knowledge they are the best (after doing residency in oncology before pg)

Increased CEA indicates central and lateral or contralateral lymph node metastases.. Hopefully the doctors treating wont have made the gross error of not looking for the mets first..!

Increased CEA indicates central and lateral or contralateral lymph node metastases.. Hopefully the doctors treating wont have made the gross error of not looking for the mets first..!
yes you are right about cea but its a overall marker for the tumour mass
i don't know but now a days there are many cheap shots i remember a patient treated for adenocarcinoma when he had only a adenoma in some reputated center can't name now ,but in this case the docs should go for surgery unless there is massive involvement if the bake it with radiation then they will only make surgeries difficult also the nib family is out of reach for most so we can rule out that

More cancers are cured now than ever before,of those that aren't people are living longer than ever before.

Peter Falk had cancer of the eye when he was 3 yrs old. He died at 82.

Don't ignore the yoga hospitals,they are excellent. I would go there myself.

Be positive and pro-active, don't just leave it to the doctors.

I believe you have every chance of a long and healthy life.

All the best.

i don't know but now a days there are many cheap shots i remember a patient treated for adenocarcinoma when he had only a adenoma in some reputated center can't name now ,but in this case the docs should go for surgery unless there is massive involvement if the bake it with radiation then they will only make surgeries difficult also the nib family is out of reach for most so we can rule out that

u r absolutely right.. thats why i have asked him in post number #100 to ask his doctor as to y he is not going for a total thyroidectomy...

^^^ Guys CEA is not a specific probe.... CEA test is not reliable, it can't be used for diagnosing cancer.. It is used to identify recurrences only..

^^^ Guys CEA is not a specific probe.... CEA test is not reliable, it can't be used for diagnosing cancer.. It is used to identify recurrences only..

^^^You took it the wrong way man, Nobody is talking about diagnosing cancer with CEA, its a non specific tumor marker used to measure the bulk and metastases of it..!! Diagnosis is always by HPE... We were talking of the situation where his calcitonin levels were less(which is considered the first tumor marker in the case), thn to measure the CEA levels....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom