What's new

I have been diagnosed with cancer.

u r absolutely right.. thats why i have asked him in post number #100 to ask his doctor as to y he is not going for a total thyroidectomy...
no offfence mate but i think most if not all private 5 star hospitals are making mockery of this profession i have seen many they take lakhs of rupees in name of cancer treatment and then end up giving cheap RT to patient with old cobalt 60 machine which does harm more than good not even igrt and imrt are not offered even the patient goes there when they can get cheap and quality treatment in gov institutes

no offfence mate but i think most if not all private 5 star hospitals are making mockery of this profession i have seen many they take lakhs of rupees in name of cancer treatment and then end up giving cheap RT to patient with old cobalt 60 machine which does harm more than good not even igrt and imrt are not offered even the patient goes there when they can get cheap and quality treatment in gov institutes

Yes I know.. I myself work in a corporate hospital..!! Happens more often than not..!! But still, services provided are a lot better than the govt institutions any day.. And being private entities, they are in the market to make money, not to do social service.. That is the absolute truth..!

May you get well soon Sir! My thoughts & prayers go out for you.

^^^You took it the wrong way man, Nobody is talking about diagnosing cancer with CEA, its a non specific tumor marker used to measure the bulk and metastases of it..!! Diagnosis is always by HPE... We were talking of the situation where his calcitonin levels were less(which is considered the first tumor marker in the case), thn to measure the CEA levels....

Even then CEA won't be helpful... Use pentagastrin if calcitonin is low..

You guys are doc, help me to understand why his doc not going for surgery? At this stage mets are unlikely.. Medulary type doesn't respond to radiotherapy, right?

You guys are doc, help me to understand why his doc not going for surgery? At this stage mets are unlikely.. Medulary type doesn't respond to radiotherapy, right?

Yelp, IMO also he shud undergo surgery, radiotherapy is only for residual tumor.. Read my post no #100.. I have asked the guy the same question... why radiotherapy??!! the logic behind it evades me..!!

sirji this is a radiological confirmed case not some random screening for medullary carcinoma (even then its not that usefull)
btw for the doc not doing surgey there can be 2 reasons
1.the doc is a money loving man want to earn some early buck
2.the guy didn't know exactly what is going to happen with him (as i also can't understand the stage 0 thing there is no such staging that i have seen may be he is talking about carcinoma in situ then question arises how did he know that it is medullary carcinoma and if it is carcinoma in situ then there ia absolutly no question for RT

Yelp, IMO also he shud undergo surgery, radiotherapy is only for residual tumor.. Read my post no #100.. I have asked the guy the same question... why radiotherapy??!! the logic behind it evades me..!!

Trust me I have asked this question two times to this gentleman but he's not replying... I am curious to know his doc's approach.

I think this guy has misread his report, he must be having papillary type.. Medullary doesn't normally appear at his current age.. Moreover I can't believe an oncologist opting radiotherapy over T thyroidectomy..

sirji this is a radiological confirmed case not some random screening for medullary carcinoma (even then its not that usefull)

Yeah, ultrasound!!!! I can't believe this..

btw for the doc not doing surgey there can be 2 reasons
1.the doc is a money loving man want to earn some early buck
2.the guy didn't know exactly what is going to happen with him (as i also can't understand the stage 0 thing there is no such staging that i have seen may be he is talking about carcinoma in situ then question arises how did he know that it is medullary carcinoma and if it is carcinoma in situ then there ia absolutly no question for RT

You are right here... Either his doc is money lover or he's totally unprofessional.. He was able to comment on type of carcinoma without histopatho...

Me too never heard of stage 0..

Trust me I have asked this question two times to this gentleman but he's not replying... I am curious to know his doc's approach.

I think this guy has misread his report, he must be having Paillary type.. Medullary doesn't normally appear at his current age.. Moreover I can't believe an oncologist opting radiotherapy over T thyroidectomy..

Misreading the report will be bit big of a mistake on his part(the patients).. And replacing papillary with medullary by a non medical person will be far fetched in my opinion... Though I am not doubting the patients credibility here, but it just came to my mind for a sec that what if this whole thread was a sham..!! Because I dont think this big a mistake can be done by doctors in prestigious institutes he has mentioned he consulted .... "I have got a random disease" topic to open the thread.. Will be such a shame if that is the case(and i dont know what is it actually, good or bad, this thread being a sham is good in one way cuz that means he doesnot have the disease and bad for obviously making a fool out of so many ppl) ..

Lol this was just a thought..!! Not doubting his credibility though.. :pop: .. May be its getting very late and i am doing just :blah: :blah: :blah: ... I think i shud sleep..!! :blink:

Misreading the report will be bit big of a mistake on his part(the patients).. And replacing papillary with medullary by a non medical person will be far fetched in my opinion... Though I am not doubting the patients credibility here, but it just came to my mind for a sec that what if this whole thread was a sham..!! Because I dont think this big a mistake can be done by doctors in prestigious institutes he has mentioned he consulted .... "I have got a random disease" topic to open the thread.. Will be such a shame if that is the case(and i dont know what is it actually, good or bad, this thread being a sham is good in one way cuz that means he doesnot have the disease and bad for obviously making a fool out of so many ppl) ..

Lol this was just a thought..!! Not doubting his credibility though.. :pop: .. May be its getting very late and i am doing just :blah: :blah: :blah: ... I think i shud sleep..!! :blink:

Spot on.... I wanted to say this all but thought people would consider me a troll, one making fun of this poor guy..

There's nothing in this thread, all is fake for sure...

Sleep tight doc...

Yeah, ultrasound!!!! I can't believe this..
SO what you are suggesting PET SCAN a real time usg gives a fair enough good picture for primary detection and if his docs are going for a RT they will surely go for a mri or ct

SO what you are suggesting PET SCAN a real time usg gives a fair enough good picture for primary detection and if his docs are going for a RT they will surely go for a mri or ct

What all I am suggesting is FNA and thats it... You tell me, can you diagnose thyroid malignancy on an ultrasound report?.

In this case there's no FNA, only ultrasound.. And we are debating on medullary carcinoma..

get well soon Sir jee

PDF miss you a lot

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom