What's new

I cut of my leg and ordered to bury it - A war heroes tale.

read this guys it is a very good story very inspiring one.....
For all those hide behind reasons and not achieve what they are capable of instead give reason for their laziness...... this story is a tight slap on all those peoples faces including mine.............. will change my story

Inspiring indeed! But another thing comes through, shining and crystal clear. That Maj. Gen. (R) Ian Cardozo, while he is/was capable of doing something extraordinary or even seemingly "superhuman"; was no "superhuman" person. And that is true of nearly every person associated with some uncommon act (both the ones that I've met or read about). And that can be seen in his first-person account; where he first (some-what foolishly, as even he will concede) remonstrates with his CO to not let a Pakistani (POW) surgeon attend to the stump of his leg. And then accepts just after that, that the surgeon did a good job and that he has been unable to thank him for that. Ian Cardozo goes up in my my estimation, because he has exposed that part of what he thought and did; when he could have avoided doing so and let everybody talk only about how he chopped off his own leg and then went on to wear red collar-tabs inspite of his disability. That is one of the noteworthy aspects of this account.

Inspiring indeed! But another thing comes through, shining and crystal clear. That Maj. Gen. (R) Ian Cardozo, while he is/was capable of doing something extraordinary or even seemingly "superhuman"; was no "superhuman" person. And that is true of nearly every person associated with some uncommon act (both the ones that I've met or read about). And that can be seen in his first-person account; where he first (some-what foolishly, as even he will concede) remonstrates with his CO to not let a Pakistani (POW) surgeon attend to the stump of his leg. And then accepts just after that, that the surgeon did a good job and that he has been unable to thank him for that. Ian Cardozo goes up in my my estimation, because he has exposed that part of what he thought and did; when he could have avoided doing so and let everybody talk only about how he chopped off his own leg and then went on to wear red collar-tabs inspite of his disability. That is one of the noteworthy aspects of this account.

Yeah i agree it was foolish not letting the PA surgeon to operate on him, btw there are many pages in that article gives you an account of different battles and their aftermath.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom