What's new

I coloured a PAF black and white image

how the heck do u guys do this? Please posts some tutorials. Maybe I can see my grandparents in color now.

i am afraid there is no tutorial that u can open a b/w image in a software do 2,3 clicks and convert it into a coloured one....you just zoom in the black and white image and paint the pixels you see with colour....you need to invest 6,7months into practice/digital painting before you can colour b/w images.....
There are tutorial on uteub but they are too complexed,even i cant understand what they do and how...every one has his own way to colour them....if u look at najam khan's images they are more fine and detailed:agree: only he can tell for how long he has been doing it and how much time it takes to paint one image :agree:

Very good work!!!
keep it up bro.

I'm sort of curious as to how you guys colour these images.

pls provide some link so that i can free download the software or use it via online!

aqZtVC7turPAYAHe3nY4BA.jpg

thats cool..
it must have taken lot of time dude..

no it dosent takes much time....around 5,6 hours..depends upon mood too..its not like u open an image start adding colours...first u observe the image for sometime while browsing the net....u get an idea about the shades and what colours would possibly look natural...then u start the work...and its not 5,6 hours straight but during one or two days

Very good work!!!
keep it up bro.

I'm sort of curious as to how you guys colour these images.

bro its digital painting and there are lots of tutorials on utueb...you can search for them.. but remember tutorial only shows u how to operate the software...90 percent you learn through practice ..you will first have to learn to draw and colour with pen tablet...once u have little command over it then u can start colouring b/w photos:agree:

salvage,
It seems as the s/w you use is not made for this purpose..or their are not enough options for it, Its just my assumption that achieving a clear and fine output is difficult.

Photoshop on the other hand is made for photo editing purpose, there are plenty of ways to achieve the task. I am briefly writing the steps.

1. Import the picture.
2. Use any selection tool to select different parts of picture. Copy and paste the selected items on original picture.
3. Create different layers for different parts of picture, ie seperate layers for pilots, ground, sky and aircraft in above posted image.
4. When all layers are copied on original picture, select them one by one. Now its time to add colours.

Use following options to add colours to the image.

Image > Adjustments > replace color or
Image > Adjustments > variations or
Image > Adjustments > color balance.

Last but not the least, quality/resolution of original picture matters alot. Sometimes the gray scale curves are vanished by excess of white color element in the picture....colouring such a weak image is very difficult, and wastage of time...so pick good and strong photos to get good results.

salvage,
It seems as the s/w you use is not made for this purpose..or their are not enough options for it, Its just my assumption that achieving a clear and fine output is difficult.

Photoshop on the other hand is made for photo editing purpose, there are plenty of ways to achieve the task. I am briefly writing the steps.

1. Import the picture.
2. Use any selection tool to select different parts of picture. Copy and paste the selected items on original picture.
3. Create different layers for different parts of picture, ie seperate layers for pilots, ground, sky and aircraft in above posted image.
4. When all layers are copied on original picture, select them one by one. Now its time to add colours.

Use following options to add colours to the image.

Image > Adjustments > replace color or
Image > Adjustments > variations or
Image > Adjustments > color balance.

Last but not the least, quality/resolution of original picture matters alot. Sometimes the gray scale curves are vanished by excess of white color element in the picture....colouring such a weak image is very difficult, and wastage of time...so pick good and strong photos to get good results.

sounds perfect but it all passed over my head :agree:...but i will try to look into colour adjustment thing and not the layers and magic wand thing:agree:
maybe i should just practice it and i might get better sometime later

Check this ,.
n.jpg

eo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom