What's new

‘I am an extraordinary 21-year-old’: LUMS student’s final post about battle with cancer

I have sympathies for the family of departed soul...but how media is reacting on it is just insane.. Why its been highlighted that she was a LUMS student ?? Why the name of the university is roaring ??? Why can't we only take her a young girl just ?

@Morse_Code @Hell hound @Mentee @Zibago
Yeah that's a good point...What her academic institution has to do with her disease, life ad death
..IDK perhaps it may be a kind of elite institution in Pakistan....how is this university perceived in Pakistan?..because media likes to highlight the rich and powerful while ignoring the poor and I'm wondering what if she was from a normal govt academic institution..

Yeah that's a good point...What her academic institution has to do with her disease, life ad death
..IDK perhaps it may be a kind of elite institution in Pakistan....how is this university perceived in Pakistan?..because media likes to highlight the rich and powerful while ignoring the poor and I'm wondering what if she was from a normal govt academic institution..
the university is perceived as negatively as one can imagine... it's not that I'm favoring it but people can die anywhere ...university has nothing to do with that... perhaps media here loves to create an issue of everything specially when it has to do anything with LUMS ..particularly express group

I have sympathies for the family of departed soul...but how media is reacting on it is just insane.. Why its been highlighted that she was a LUMS student ?? Why the name of the university is roaring ??? Why can't we only take her a young girl just ?

@Morse_Code @Hell hound @Mentee @Zibago
Because our community is materialistic like that.its a sad reality but no one would have care for her had she been a poor girl fighting for her life in a government hospital:(
They are printing the university's name because they know it will get people's attention

I was following her as her cousin is my classmate.

Inna lillaha wa inna elaihi Rajeoon

the university is perceived as negatively as one can imagine... it's not that I'm favoring it but people can die anywhere ...university has nothing to do with that... perhaps media here loves to create an issue of everything specially when it has to do anything with LUMS ..particularly express group
I think they using it as some sort of pro instead of con (as you suggested in your post)..But IMHO her university affiliation plays a little role in her disease, her fight against the cancer and her death... but I wonder if she was a poor girl, studying at a govt univ. and getting treated at some govt hospitality, would they have given her the same attention ?

I think they using as some sort of pro instead of con as you are suggesting..But IMHO the university play a little role in her disease, her fight against the disease and her death... but I wonder if she was a poor girl, studying at a govt univ. and getting treated at some govt hospitality, would they have given her the same attention ?
actually they use it either as pro or as con... according to the requirements of the situation or perhaps as according to the writers... had she been a poor girl, sorry to say nobody would have even heard of her.

actually they use it either as pro or as con... according to the requirements of the situation or perhaps as according to the writers... had she been a poor girl, sorry to say nobody would have even heard of her.
Yeah that's what I meant...Though it does not take any credit away from her even if she was from a richer family and she will be in our prayers but its the wrong attitude of the media that's really abhorring...the media is really responsible for the increased materialism in the society as most often rich is equated to being good and successful, worthy of attention and respect in the society while the reverse for being poor..

Yeah that's what I meant...Though it does not take any credit away from her even if she was from a richer family and she will be in our prayers but its the wrong attitude of the media that's really abhorring...the media is really responsible for the increased materialism in the society as most often rich is equated to being good and successful, worthy of attention and respect in the society while the reverse for being poor..
yeah that's true... and this is creating ever increasing social divide and people have started loathing university for no reason.Media really needs to mend its ways!

May she rest in peace! my deepest condolences for the family grieving the immeasurable loss they suffered, its the worst pain in the world to have to watch someone go through all that she must've went through.

we should be pouring money into cancer research...
16508295_876163555858032_6305177508894787890_n.jpg

16603026_875671189240602_7234752281595945875_n.jpg

Of course, taking any medicines or seeking hospital services is entirely voluntary. If one does not believe in it, no need to do it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom