What's new

I am a newbie here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Emilly David

why are you getting criticisms here and in other threads?? :D

To be honest with you I feel a bit awkward over here. Reason being which ever thread you follow and share your opinion (be it related to India/Pakistan/China or last night I was on a thread related to Pakistan Prime Minister visit to Norway) people from these countries start attacking you even if you sound logical. I only got one pakistani guy in this forum (don't remember his handle) on greek issue or Atanz whom I find interesting to talk to. Rest all are for bullying here I think. This is my perception so far, may be I am wrong.

To be honest with you I feel a bit awkward over here. Reason being which ever thread you follow and share your opinion (be it related to India/Pakistan/China or last night I was on a thread related to Pakistan Prime Minister visit to Norway) people from these countries start attacking you even if you sound logical. I only got one pakistani guy in this forum (don't remember his handle) on greek issue or Atanz whom I find interesting to talk to. Rest all are for bullying here I think. This is my perception so far, may be I am wrong.

Thanks for that positive comment. If there is anything you feel like talking just tag me. Yes, like real life there are lots of people of some of whome can be idiotic whereas others are nice. So don't feel awkward. The more diversity we have here the better.

i saw your question about the pakistan metro flooding and for some reason "rescue ranger" thought you were not being serious.

i really don't understand why you should be getting the hate.

one thing is pdf is not only about issues related to india/pakistan/china/bangladesh... there are the "syria civil war" and yemen anti-houthi campaign threads in the "middle east and africa" section, though i would advise you not to go into those two threads to preserve your sanity... pdf is really a transnational forum which has members from most countries who post or join discussions about their countries or regions or simply technology or science discussions.

two days ago was a thread about a new american anti-mortar anti-drone laser system... months ago were two threads about the esa comet mission, rosetta.

you should visit the "members club" section, in particular the "whatever" thread for general interaction... you can post your current music choice or list in the "what are you listening" thread.

lastly, if you are interested in discussing political systems ( as you said you want to read about solutions ), there are many discussions for that too... i myself have posted such threads.

when i joined in 2014 and began posting, most of the indian members thought i was pakistani because i was posting against the ideology of the ruling party and pro the progressive groups... there were other members from india who supported my stand.

it would also help if you make your posts humorous. :-)

Welcome and i hope you get a positive rating and enjoy your stay, and btw the Indians and Pakistanis are too sensitive here lol

i saw your question about the pakistan metro flooding and for some reason "rescue ranger" thought you were not being serious.

i really don't understand why you should be getting the hate.

one thing is pdf is not only about issues related to india/pakistan/china/bangladesh... there are the "syria civil war" and yemen anti-houthi campaign threads in the "middle east and africa" section, though i would advise you not to go into those two threads to preserve your sanity... pdf is really a transnational forum which has members from most countries who post or join discussions about their countries or regions or simply technology or science discussions.

two days ago was a thread about a new american anti-mortar anti-drone laser system... months ago were two threads about the esa comet mission, rosetta.

you should visit the "members club" section, in particular the "whatever" thread for general interaction... you can post your current music choice or list in the "what are you listening" thread.

lastly, if you are interested in discussing political systems ( as you said you want to read about solutions ), there are many discussions for that too... i myself have posted such threads.

when i joined in 2014 and began posting, most of the indian members thought i was pakistani because i was posting against the ideology of the ruling party and pro the progressive groups... there were other members from india who supported my stand.

it would also help if you make your posts humorous. :-)
in short you are a Tharki.................

Hi All,

I am Emilly, Swedish National and I am new to this forum. I have been with other forums before and came to knew about this forum few months back. Kinda enjoying it :). I have done masters in Economics and served 3 years in Swedish Armed force. Would love to share my experience with you all and hope to learn few things from you as well.

Cheers
Welcome.
Hope you enjoy ur time here.:D

Im new here but tryin to figure out how to write in forum from my phone. Im from USA. Houston, Texas. Im here to learn more about you, cause my new and CNN corrupt the news. I want to here from u personally. Read your news and hear your stories. I want to know the truth first hand.

Welcome, sir. Hope the forums helps to squelch the misconceptions that are created through bad press. Enjoy your stay. :)

The thread starter, on the other hand, is a blatant false-flag troll and "she's" not even good at it. Such people, if they have even an iota of self respect, should leave the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom