What's new

Hypothetical scenario : Can Bangladesh beat back India in a war of attrition?

Sehnsucht

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I've been wondering about this recently.With our current state of armed forces, it's a given that we won't be able to defeat India head-on if it decides to invade.
However, my question is can we beat them back in a prolonged war of attrition with what we have currently?It's unlikely we'll get any help from outside world as IN will enforce a blockade on the sea & as good as BN is, I don't believe that they'll be able to prevent this.
Comments from more knowledgable members will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

This is strictly a hypothetical question.
Making it clear for the trolls.Not interested in your blabbering about how it'll never happen cuz BD is a vassal state of India.

I've been wondering about this recently.With our current state of armed forces, it's a given that we won't be able to defeat India head-on if it decides to invade.
However, my question is can we beat them back in a prolonged war of attrition with what we have currently?It's unlikely we'll get any help from outside world as IN will enforce a blockade on the sea & as good as BN is, I don't believe that they'll be able to prevent this.

Making it clear for the trolls.Not interested in your blabbering about how it'll never happen cuz BD is a vassal state of India.

No.

Other countries would help Bangladeshis fight Indians. IE china and Pakistan.
Please explain how.I don't think Pakistan & China won't be able to do anything directly without starting a war with India. Except perhaps creating unrest in their sides of the border with Bharat.
As I have mentioned, sea routes will be blockaded by IN.We don't share a border with China or Pakistan.And I don't see Myanmar eager to help us in case of a conflict with Bharat.
So covert supply of weapons is impossible as well.

if India doesn't use nuclear weapons
Nuclear weapons don't even come into the equation.

You are the one who is seriously trolling here..Now if you expect that response will be sensible, then you must be joking to yourself..

I am responding to your stupid troll because you mentioned about India will invade BD...

Tell me somw good reason of why will India invade BD...Atleast if It may be a sensible troll thread if some one says India will invade Pakistan for Kashmir...But invading BD....Ohhhh...too much of fantsay man...

You are the one who is seriously trolling here..Now if you expect that response will be sensible, then you must be joking to yourself..

I am responding to your stupid troll because you mentioned about India will invade BD...

Tell me somw good reason of why will India invade BD...Atleast if It may be a sensible troll thread if some one says India will invade Pakistan for Kashmir...But invading BD....Ohhhh...too much of fantsay man...
Get your eyes checked.I already said it's a strictly hypothetical scenario.
My post isn't about whether India will invade or not.It's about whether we have the ability to beat it back or not IF it tries.

I would want to see an army of world war 1 fight in swampy marshes in 2020.

Bipin can do it.

In 1971 Paistan army successfully kept them at bay ..... thwarting back each major offence ............
it was only after circumventing via meghna heli bridge and treachery of bengalis that Indians were able to hold ground after massive attrition. ..... if we could ....... you can too ........ not sure if you have any capable leadership who can stand up to them though...

If india could, they could have beaten mezoram, nagaland, etc rebels.. Unless, people (desperate or oppressed or opportunists or sympathizer) welcome IA, IA cannot achieve total victory. However, they will decimate BD defenses, HQs, will, infrastructure etc.. But they cannot rule but let BDs suffer through post war issues like famine, diseases, etc

In what scenario would you ever see this happening?

Bangladesh has nothing to offer India to cause them to want to take it over.

Other than 150 million more Muslims.

No. You will always be outnumbered, and considering the limited area size and terrain there isnt a lot of places to safely retreat to. Trust me if it was then Pak Army would have used it in 1971.

Anyway these days its harder to succumb to attrition anyway, because supplies are so compact and can be airdropped anywhere. Unless there is a high level of incompetence (greater than their current level), it wont be a major roadblock for any invading force.

Back
Top Bottom