What's new

Hypocrisy from PMLN supporters over a politician being invited to speak at a college

Absolutely agreed. Political discourse should be allowed freely to all points of view at all public institutes of higher learning. I have a feeling PDM will start holding similar events just to try and even the score in their own perception, if this one by IK is deemed to have been effective.

They have been doing it in past.

1664299852926.png

As I said, both sides are equally right in pursuing such venues to further their political aims. Objecting only to the other side while doing it yourself, as @AgNoStiC MuSliM has said, is sheer hypocrisy.

Had the politicians or generals or other decision makers sincere u think the country would have been in this mess......

It's amusing that you claim you hear about lack of funds for UOP every month. Still the reference you can provide is of January 2021. Almost 20 months old. Not bad.

I can provide almost 10-15 references with different dates

What do you want to say about Gomal University??

I am actually shocked by the hue and cry by PMLN and their supported media team. What new IK has said here? He has given speeches to bigger audiences before including UN.

Seems like the issue is not the speech, but the audience reaction to IKs rhetoric.

You dodged my question.
IK is nowhere near as popular as Quaid. Jinnah had a vision to create a country. Its not the same thing, one literally died for his country and the other is busy spreading fitna fasad.
Suppose Mia Khalifa creates a political party and come to address GCU students, i'm pretty sure some of them would love to meet her. Does that mean we allow a prostitute into our schools? Everything has its own propesctive and we should be able to see through things instead of blind following and cult worship.
Leave Oxford aside, politicians don't go there and shout neutral

We've had a lot worse people than Mia Khalifa run our country. She was an 18 year old girl who prostituted herself on Camera for money (she in fact got ripped off), whereas most of our political class have raped the country and forced many of our people into prostitution or worse.

The morality of a sex worker is a 1000 times better than a typical Pakistani politician.

The people at University are old enough to vote, they're old enough to fight a war, they're old enough to attend any political event they should wish too on campus.

Who is anyone else to decide who a grown man or woman can or cannot listen to?!

Start your faux concern for the minds of Pakistani children with those forced to work instead of go to school.

I can provide almost 10-15 references with different dates

What do you want to say about Gomal University??

All references atleast one and a half year old. Only 1 about UoP and other giving overall sense of finance issue. But this is the case with all provinces. Higher education funding is on decline since musharaf time. In fact it was KP government which initially increased higher education budget by a high margin.

And don't take me wrong but universities of Pakistan will face these issues even after 50 years from now. It's because these universities completely rely on government funding while contributing 0% to it's finances.

Universities throughout the globe invest in research and ideas which lead to entrepreneurs and firms. Universities submit patents. And are get paid by users of those patents. Alumnis of universities support scholarship funds which help new students in their finances. None of this is happening in Pakistan. Universities that claim to be pioneers of IT still rely on paper work and expect hand written assignments from students. We are never going to get out of this mess because we are further promoting it.

Absolutely agreed. Political discourse should be allowed freely to all points of view at all public institutes of higher learning. I have a feeling PDM will start holding similar events just to try and even the score in their own perception, if this one by IK is deemed to have been effective.

Let's bet a 100 that won't happen.

N is in no position to go to a public discourse which is not managed.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom