What's new

Hypocrisy from PMLN supporters over a politician being invited to speak at a college

Ravians angered over use of GCU for political meetings​

View attachment 882985

The exploitation of the college’s grounds for political point-scoring and hate-mongering has sparked intense outrage and shock among Old Ravians, a group of former students at Lahore’s Government College University GCU.

The Old Ravians stated in a tweet that a politically charged vice-chancellor is the last thing a school like GCU needs.

The Vice-Chancellor of Government College University (GCU) was previously disciplined by the Punjab Governor for hosting a political gathering of PTI Chairman Imran Khan at GCU.

According to a local media channel, Punjab Governor Balighur Rehman took notice of conducting a political program of Imran Khan at the GCU. He said it is sad to make the famous educational institution of the country a political arena. There is no room for such political activities in universities, he added.

https://twitter.com/AdeelAliKhan313/status/1574353547960799238
https://twitter.com/alymallik/status/1574373466488426497

Governor Baligh said as chancellor, he has taken notice of the political programme on the GCU Lahore campus. He also said children are the future of a nation so, there is no room to push them into politics.

PML-N leader Maryam Nawaz had earlier tweeted in opposition to Imran Khan’s political gathering at the GCU and called for harsh action against the vice-chancellor. According to Maryam, using his post to incite political animosity is illegal and should be punished.

A resolution has been submitted in Punjab Assembly against the Vice Chancellor of Government College University (GCU) Lahore for allowing Imran Khan to hold public meeting in the premises of Prestige University.

The resolution was submitted by Member of Assembly of Pakistan Muslim League-N (PMLN) Aniza Fatima.

Okay, Now, I am shaking in my boots? The Ravians are angered? God help us all.

On a sidenote, who gives a fck? No pressure group is bigger than the public.

Ab kidhar gayi democracy? Anyone notice where vote ki izzat went? I'll tell you. PDM has made a batti of vote and shoved it up the jamhoor's collective arse.

Okay, Now, I am shaking in my boots? The Ravians are angered? God help us all.

On a sidenote, who gives a fck? No pressure group is bigger than the public.

Ab kidhar gayi democracy? Anyone notice where vote ki izzat went? I'll tell you. PDM has made a batti of vote and shoved it up the jamhoor's collective arse.
Ravian nahi Noonies are angered and squealing and everyone is loving it.

As for slogans, yes students do that and it’s perfectly acceptable, except in fascist regimes where it isn’t. I feel your pain but that’s how it is.
Wasn't that long ago when they were going full retard over student unions, was it? Back when surkhas were having their god awful red orgies or shit.

I didn’t dodge anything. Quaid was a man of principle. If anything was not according to general principle of morality and not right to do, he wouldn’t have done it. The very fact that he did it means the principle is correct.

Rest of your post, Mia Khalifa, prostitutes this don’t even deserve a response🤦‍♂️

As for slogans, yes students do that and it’s perfectly acceptable, except in fascist regimes where it isn’t. I feel your pain but that’s how it is.

Again avoiding asnwers, nice.
Have a nice day.

The key here is whether the address by "a politician" at "a college" would be effective in furthering his agenda, or not.
I thought the question posed by the OP (given all the tweets he linked to) was whether it was appropriate for an organization or individual to hold an event at a college/university that pushed a particular point of view, political, ideological or other.

My position would be that so long as equal opportunity for access is available to all points of view, there was/is absolutely nothing wrong with IK being hosted by the GCU.

My position would be that so long as equal opportunity for access is available to all points of view, there was/is absolutely nothing wrong with IK being hosted by the GCU.

Absolutely agreed. Political discourse should be allowed freely to all points of view at all public institutes of higher learning. I have a feeling PDM will start holding similar events just to try and even the score in their own perception, if this one by IK is deemed to have been effective.

Every day there are news that Peshawar University has no money for salaries, the VC of Gomal University is facing death threats from the local gangster MNA due to which the university has been closed for weeks, Imran Khan has been in power in this province for nine years. and uses its helicopter as a rickshaw.

View attachment 882994

View attachment 882995

It's amusing that you claim you hear about lack of funds for UOP every month. Still the reference you can provide is of January 2021. Almost 20 months old. Not bad.

You dodged my question.
IK is nowhere near as popular as Quaid. Jinnah had a vision to create a country. Its not the same thing, one literally died for his country and the other is busy spreading fitna fasad.
Suppose Mia Khalifa creates a political party and come to address GCU students, i'm pretty sure some of them would love to meet her. Does that mean we allow a prostitute into our schools? Everything has its own propesctive and we should be able to see through things instead of blind following and cult worship.
Leave Oxford aside, politicians don't go there and shout neutral neutral.
Not really, almost an equal number of Muslims residing in what is India now rejected him. And the vision to create the country was Iqbal's, Quaid had become despondent and had left for England, only to be convinced by Iqbal to come back and lead the movement again.

Ravians angered over use of GCU for political meetings​

View attachment 882985

The exploitation of the college’s grounds for political point-scoring and hate-mongering has sparked intense outrage and shock among Old Ravians, a group of former students at Lahore’s Government College University GCU.

The Old Ravians stated in a tweet that a politically charged vice-chancellor is the last thing a school like GCU needs.

The Vice-Chancellor of Government College University (GCU) was previously disciplined by the Punjab Governor for hosting a political gathering of PTI Chairman Imran Khan at GCU.

According to a local media channel, Punjab Governor Balighur Rehman took notice of conducting a political program of Imran Khan at the GCU. He said it is sad to make the famous educational institution of the country a political arena. There is no room for such political activities in universities, he added.

https://twitter.com/AdeelAliKhan313/status/1574353547960799238
https://twitter.com/alymallik/status/1574373466488426497

Governor Baligh said as chancellor, he has taken notice of the political programme on the GCU Lahore campus. He also said children are the future of a nation so, there is no room to push them into politics.

PML-N leader Maryam Nawaz had earlier tweeted in opposition to Imran Khan’s political gathering at the GCU and called for harsh action against the vice-chancellor. According to Maryam, using his post to incite political animosity is illegal and should be punished.

A resolution has been submitted in Punjab Assembly against the Vice Chancellor of Government College University (GCU) Lahore for allowing Imran Khan to hold public meeting in the premises of Prestige University.

The resolution was submitted by Member of Assembly of Pakistan Muslim League-N (PMLN) Aniza Fatima.

lol..what patwaries have todo with universities ?

it would be more better if fouj ask supreme court to launch cypher inquiry and prove khan lair infront of whole pakistan

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom